General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

4th Gen VS. 5th Gen VS. 6th Gen (Speed)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 08:16 PM

4th Gen VS. 5th Gen VS. 6th Gen (Speed)

1) Which gen. has the fastest STOCK car?
2) which gen. is capable of having the fastest modded car?

Honest answers are appreciated....I'm just curious. I own a 99 SE with no engine mods. Will I stand a chance on a '00-'01 max? or how about '02-'03? I don't really see that many 6th gen maximas YET. I do see alot of 5th gen.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:25 PM

from a stop the 4th gens are faster than the early 5th gens
Old 07-09-2003, 08:33 PM

2002-3's are the quickest.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:46 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

Click link in my sig - Battle of the Maxima 3.0's.

The 3.5's are in a different league than the 3.0's though. Still no solid dyno or timeslip evidence to start to make any conclusions about the 6th Gen's, but I'm pretty sure that the 02-03's are quicker than the 04's both 6spd vs 6spd and auto vs auto. The 6th Gen has 200lb more weight and even more rolling resistance from 18" wheels now instead of only 17's (which were heavy enough already). I don't think it has enough extra power to compensate for all of that.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:56 AM

not sure, but if cartest is still available online, its a free download and you can drag different cars in stock form or make changes to then and run modified cars. its usually accurate within .2 seconds, so it makes a nice comparison. by running the program, 2k2/2k3 beats out all the other gens by a decent amount in its stock form
http://www.cartestsoftware.com/ link to the cartest program page. download the free DOS one
Old 07-10-2003, 08:08 AM

CarTest2000 rocks!

You can get it even more accurate than 0.2s too. Accuracy is only limited by the quality of the data you feed it. I've been able to take some people's dynos here and timeslips and match it up in CarTest down to just a few hundredths of a second.

It's a very useful learning tool as well, as you can play with power curves and gear ratios and see what makes a difference and what doesn't. The Windows version is like $35, but it's the best $35 I ever spent.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:12 AM

i might hafta buy the 2000... been usin the DOS for a while, and its pretty accurate, but from the sounds of it, 2000 is way better. $35 = unlimited 1/4 miles, rather than lots of gas money to do the real thing
Old 07-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

The problem with Cartest is that it's a program that give hypothetical data. If someone told me their Maxima runs 14.1 because Cartest says so, I'd smack them

Driver and track are the biggest factors in racing and Cartest can't compensate for that.

Concerning the quickest stock generation Maxima, the 2002-2003 6 speed is the quickest with the 00-01 5 speed and then 4th gen 5 speed following closely behind. In terms of modded NA performance, the 4th gen is leading the pack by fraction. Forced induction wise, the 4th gen owns all. The earlier 4th gens are the easiest to extract power from.

Dave
Old 07-10-2003, 02:05 PM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by Dave B
The problem with Cartest is that it's a program that give hypothetical data. If someone told me their Maxima runs 14.1 because Cartest says so, I'd smack them

Driver and track are the biggest factors in racing and Cartest can't compensate for that.

Concerning the quickest stock generation Maxima, the 2002-2003 6 speed is the quickest with the 00-01 5 speed and then 4th gen 5 speed following closely behind. In terms of modded NA performance, the 4th gen is leading the pack by fraction. Forced induction wise, the 4th gen owns all. The earlier 4th gens are the easiest to extract power from.

Dave
stock for stock the 02-03 autos are faster than stock 4th gens and 5th gens 5spds or autos...
Old 07-10-2003, 02:52 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I dont think so....

Originally posted by blubyu2k2

stock for stock the 02-03 autos are faster than stock 4th gens and 5th gens 5spds or autos...

Hmmmm.... I beg to differ!

Deac
Old 07-10-2003, 04:06 PM

There are about as many 95-01 5spd guys that have gotten high-14's stock as there are 02-03 auto guys that have gotten high-14's stock.

Are your high-14's somehow different than 5spd high-14's?

Old 07-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Old Maxima Legend

bump
Old 07-11-2003, 05:11 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by SteVTEC
There are about as many 95-01 5spd guys that have gotten high-14's stock as there are 02-03 auto guys that have gotten high-14's stock.

Are your high-14's somehow different than 5spd high-14's?

I perfect driven perfect condition 5spd stock I have seen a couple 14.8's. My car ran a 14.6 in 80 degree day bone stock @ 400' elevation. Find a stock 4th or 5th gen 5 spd that has done that and I will believe you
Old 07-11-2003, 05:30 AM

The fastest modded Max so far is a 4th gen, running 11s.
Old 07-11-2003, 05:52 AM
Blu
the tits

Originally posted by Maxx Knight
The fastest modded Max so far is a 4th gen, running 11s.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:13 AM
VQ Wizard

Re: 4th Gen VS. 5th Gen VS. 6th Gen (Speed)

Originally posted by minsbang
1) Which gen. has the fastest STOCK car?
The '02 and '03 5th gen 6 speed cars are the fastest and quickest of all stock Maximas.

So far the 4th gen's are the quickest and fastest modded cars.

Honest answers are appreciated....I'm just curious. I own a 99 SE with no engine mods. Will I stand a chance on a '00-'01 max?
The 4th gen 5 speed is a bit quicker than the '00 - '01 5 speed in most cases.
or how about '02-'03?
You better get a serious mod bug.

I don't really see that many 6th gen maximas YET. I do see alot of 5th gen.
The 6th gen 6 speed Maximas will probably be knocked back down to about the 4th gen 5 speed territory because of their obeseness.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:49 PM

He asked the question you azzclown. People like you put the hate in the love/hate relationship most of us have with the ORG. You double over to suck your own ***** and swallow your own salty discharge knowing you are the only one to benefit. Why don't add to the thread or STFU? What's obvious is that you are punk.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:14 PM
Blu
the tits

He asked the question you azzclown.
is that so...

People like you put the hate in the love/hate relationship most of us have with the ORG.
is that so...

You double over to suck your own ***** and swallow your own salty discharge knowing you are the only one to benefit.
is that so...

Why don't add to the thread or STFU? What's obvious is that you are punk.
is that so...

Now one question for you... How long do you plan to be around with your intelligence kiddo?
Old 07-11-2003, 01:20 PM
VQ Wizard

He asked the question you azzclown.

People like you put the hate in the love/hate relationship most of us have with the ORG.
That's quite an ignorant statement you made. Most people on here seem to get along with him just fine. But who are YOU may we ask. I see that your tag says .

You double over to suck your own ***** and swallow your own salty discharge knowing you are the only one to benefit.
You know they say a picture is worth a thousand words and since you seem to be the descriptive expert on this subject why don't you please demonstrate.

Why don't add to the thread or STFU?
Nice acronym!! I bet you learned that one in grade school.

What's obvious is that you are punk.
See figure A once more please.

Old 07-11-2003, 03:00 PM

...and I'll beg to agree; that is until I'm pulled on by a stock 4G/5G 5speed.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:36 PM

Originally posted by F23A4

I'll third it havent been beaten by one yet or a 00/01 manual.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by F23A4
Originally posted by MONTE 01&97 SE
I'll third it havent been beaten by one yet or a 00/01 manual.
y'all just don't be sleepin now.

j0o ph33r 5spd's
Old 07-11-2003, 06:13 PM

Originally posted by SR20DEN

That's quite an ignorant statement you made. Most people on here seem to get along with him just fine. But who are YOU may we ask. I see that your tag says .

You know they say a picture is worth a thousand words and since you seem to be the descriptive expert on this subject why don't you please demonstrate.

Nice acronym!! I bet you learned that one in grade school.

See figure A once more please.

You must be his partner that took turns pushing down on his others shoulders until he could manage on his own. I don't care who he gets along with, he obviously felt the need to be a smart *** to someone he does not know. That was my point. You on the other hand feel the need to jump in with your petty comments. The stupid characterization of another member to be lesser because newbie is under their name is friggin retarded. Do you give people respect just because they post alot or have been on the forum for awhile? That's about as asinine as both of you guys comments. As far as your picture request I'll do what some of you big shot non newbs do and tell you to use the search function. I'm sure google will have something for ya.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:22 PM
Blu
the tits

You must be his partner that took turns pushing down on his others shoulders until he could manage on his own. I don't care who he gets along with, he obviously felt the need to be a smart *** to someone he does not know. That was my point. You on the other hand feel the need to jump in with your petty comments. The stupid characterization of another member to be lesser because newbie is under their name is friggin retarded. Do you give people respect just because they post alot or have been on the forum for awhile? That's about as asinine as both of you guys comments. As far as your picture request I'll do what some of you big shot non newbs do and tell you to use the search function. I'm sure google will have something for ya.
I feel sooooo sorry for you buddy. I didn't realize the internet got your so upset.

ohhh and thanks for the entertainment!
Old 07-11-2003, 06:32 PM
i SeE what you did therE

go here...

your witty banter and award winning smile suit them better..
Old 07-11-2003, 06:35 PM

Actually I think www.teamdaewoo.com is looking for a new moderator, its about your speed there sparky.....
Old 07-11-2003, 07:53 PM

Old 07-11-2003, 08:13 PM

Dude, listen....

This forum is very laid back and is filled with sarcastic humor and images like the above and buddies that are always cracking on each other and busting each other's *****. Chill out, relax, and have a cold one and learn how to roll with the punches and you'll have a great time here.
Old 07-11-2003, 08:30 PM

Correction:

Originally posted by SteVTEC
y'all just don't be sleepin now.
j0o ph33r 5spd's

but not ones with crusty slowy dying knock sensors
Old 07-11-2003, 09:49 PM

I feel sooooo sorry for you buddy. I didn't realize the internet got your so upset.

ohhh and thanks for the entertainment!
Is that so?

This forum is very laid back and is filled with sarcastic humor and images like the above and buddies that are always cracking on each other and busting each other's *****. Chill out, relax, and have a cold one and learn how to roll with the punches and you'll have a great time here.

Actually I think www.teamdaewoo.com is looking for a new moderator, its about your speed there sparky.....

your witty banter and award winning smile suit them better..

I hope you guys all feel better. I just felt like he deserved a response so I did so.
Old 07-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Blu
the tits

I hope you guys all feel better. I just felt like he deserved a response so I did so.