General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

warpspeed subframe connectors...any good?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 02:56 AM
V^___^V

warpspeed subframe connectors...any good?

i doubt there's many people runnin warpspeed subframe connectors. but for those of u who have it, any improvment in handling? is it worth $200 to get stage 1 and 2?
Old 08-07-2003, 05:30 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Re: warpspeed subframe connectors...any good?

Originally posted by happyricefob
i doubt there's many people runnin warpspeed subframe connectors.
Why would you say that?

I've heard they are worth their weight in gold...
Old 08-07-2003, 07:45 AM
SLOW

Yes I love mine. They make the car feel much more solid. Like adding about 10 FSTBs would if you can imagine that. Over cracked pavement and train tracks and stuff like that the car feels newer. They aren't really going to make a "handling" difference though. Keep in mind these have to be welded on which will cost you another $100 at absolute minimum, and that they significantly reduce your ground clearance. Those are the only drawbacks.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:57 PM

I have one of the very first sets and I absolutely love them, they make a huge difference in ride and handling.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:27 PM

imho the sub frames is my best suspension mod (for the buck). you feel them working going over bumps (car feels soild) and REALLY REALLY feel them when cornering HARD. i auto-xed with and without subframes and can 100% feel the difference. the maxima is a very very "loose" car. the subframes tightens it up. just to give you an idea of how well sfc work, when i jack my car up on either corner, the entier side goes up evenly.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nealoc, how much ground clearance did you lose? In the pictures on WSP's website, it didn't look like there would be much loss at all.

Happyricefob, below is a link to a thread in the 5th Gen forum about the subframe connectors. Last post was earlier this week.

https://maxima.org/forums/showthread...hreadid=237773

So if I'm looking to improve my suspension, would I get the most benefit out of lowering first, or getting SFC's first. Or if it were a one of the other, which would yield most performance benefit (overlooking the added aesthetic benefits from the springs of course).
Old 08-07-2003, 08:25 PM
SLOW

I'd say I lost about an inch of ground clearance. One thing they do well is function as a skidplate to protect my exhaust though. Which is good.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:28 PM

Originally posted by Eenis
Nealoc, how much ground clearance did you lose? In the pictures on WSP's website, it didn't look like there would be much loss at all.

Happyricefob, below is a link to a thread in the 5th Gen forum about the subframe connectors. Last post was earlier this week.

https://maxima.org/forums/showthread...hreadid=237773

So if I'm looking to improve my suspension, would I get the most benefit out of lowering first, or getting SFC's first. Or if it were a one of the other, which would yield most performance benefit (overlooking the added aesthetic benefits from the springs of course).
Eenis, thanks for that link. It really had a lot of useful information on it and it seems like ppl have nothing but good things to say about it. I always wanted to get these, but am a little concerned if it will do anything to the resale value if a potential buyer sees things welded to the chassis...but screw that...it seems like an awesome mod, so I think i will get these in a few weeks. I have a month before I head out to the track again, so I think i'll try and get 'em before then...
Old 08-07-2003, 08:43 PM
dmontzsta

I was the one who prodotyped them for the 3rd gen and thezcarguy was right there with me the same night when they prodotyped them for the 4th gen. I still remember that night long ago...I was on stock suspension and did a donut in the cold-a-sack and thezcarguy flew against the door and said something like "dont you ever do that again" man the handling is like NIGHT and DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! of course my car has springs and stuff now, so I am used to it.