General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

For those who want to PURCHASE indligo gauges.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2001, 07:05 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

well, i guess i'm at it again,

K Auto Concepts here in So Cal, is done with the 98/99 Indiglo guages, you might have seen them at:
http://www.moneyzipper.com/el/nissan_maxima_9899.htm

well. they want to know if anyone of us is interested in a group deal,
$70 SHIPPED for the analog contoller (the 2 color indiglo green & blue) in the US,
$90 SHIPPED for the digital contoller (6 colors, blue and whatever inbtween that and green), in the US

we'll be accepting orders for the 98/99
and this will also be the price for 95-97 maximas too, which the guages will be out in three weeks.

so if you want to order, not thinking about ordering ,but really ORDERING ORDERING,
email me at
Chebosto@hotmail.com
Subject Indligo Guage Order

with your name, addy, email, phone,
and i can give it to them, but i need at least like 20 peoples.

canadians: we got Kilometer too, so you can get in, but shipping is extra..

ok. thanks again,

--Cheston

Old 02-08-2001, 07:27 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Cheston, I REALLY REALLY want these for a 96 - so hook it up! lol. Seriously, make sure you let us know when the 95-97's are available... I'll buy it in a sec.

Thanks bro,
Chris
Old 02-08-2001, 07:58 PM
MAC

Cheston please read

hey Cheston,
I posted a link on my "old" indiglo thread about your deal here.

I guess Craig at Calspeed snoozed.

There is a list of people who were suppose to buy when the deal happens. You could use that list to round up the people.

I myself will be buying a set. Should we be going direct to "K" or are you collecting the dough?

Please inform.
later.
Ming
Old 02-08-2001, 08:19 PM
Calspeed

indiglo

Honestly I am happy to have them out. It is not a matter of me snoozing, but the indiglo manufacturer I have been dealing with in the past. They have had my Altima gauge money since November, and they are not even out yet. I told them I refused to send them any more money. They are still making the Maxima gauges without my cash input this time. So they are the ones that waited too long. They make the best indiglo gauges in my opinion, but they tend to slack a little too much. I am probably going elsewhere for my future manufacturing.

I am just glad that you all have indiglo gauges. I hope the quality is really good.

Also.. I recommend you stick with the analog invertor (2 color), the soft touch digital that guy is selling is the old one and is quite noisy (more so then even the newer style ones) and quite prone to a quick death.

The price is also a bit high.. but you have them now. The whole reason for me doing this was to get them out for all of you... now you have them. Cool!

Old 02-08-2001, 10:18 PM

n/m

im waiting on you calspeed
Old 02-08-2001, 11:47 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

sign me up for digital gauges for a 97 gxe...
Old 02-09-2001, 09:16 AM

wait..the analog is better then the digital one?!
can anyone verify this?
Old 02-09-2001, 10:41 AM

the analog one you can only switch between blue and green for your gauges

the digital one theres 6 different settings. if you go to the website cheston said at the beginning it will explain all of this...
Old 02-11-2001, 09:42 AM

yeah i read the info at the site. I was actually referring to Calspeed's post where he said the analog is actually better then the digital which is contrary to what the page says.

Anyways, what's the current status of this deal? On the site it says their introductory offer ends tommorow. I just don't wanna end up paying 110+ shipping.
Old 02-13-2001, 03:50 PM
ejj

Cheston, maybe you can answer this for me.

Will this kit include a new set of needles (pointers, indicators, whatever) for the guages?

I have a 97 GXE, which has white needles...and I would think that white needles on white guages might not be an ideal setup.

Anyone know if you can purchase the orange needles from a Nissan dealer...or how much?
Old 02-13-2001, 09:11 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

the guages slip right on. over the needles.

it's very simple, and no need to worry.

as for the deal, if you do it thru MaximaDriver.com. you save a few bucks.
Old 02-13-2001, 09:18 PM
ejj

Originally posted by Chebosto

That's not really what I asked.

A GXE has white needles....the new Indiglo gauges have a white background. I would think that this is a bad combo. Has anyone tried this out?

Can you easily see the needle on the white guage?
Old 02-13-2001, 09:21 PM
Calspeed

multi color invertor

Well it depends on your priority. All indiglo invertors make noise. We have found the multi color invertors to be very noisy compared to the analog ones. Some people don't like that... There are a few different types in digital invertors. The easy way to identify them is: Some have 4 buttons (color up/down and dimmer up/down) the others only have two buttons one for color adjustment and one for dimmer control. The two button is the kind you want... many of the first generation digital ones with the four buttons tend to die quickly.

I would hate to see you guys having to wait so long to finally get these things to install them, have the invertors die, and be with a set of really expensive white faces for a month while you wait for a replacement.

Not sure what the guy is selling for digital ones, or what kind of guarantees he is giving but they are too pricey not to have any gaurantee.

I hope that helps you guys.

Thanks!

Craig

Old 02-13-2001, 10:32 PM

dammit...maybe i should have bought the analog

what do u think cheston...on ur site u said that u installed the digital on a 99 maxima and said that there was like little noise...so should i expect little noise or loud noise?...dammit...it does take them a long time...i ordered it the beginning of the last week and they still haven't come yet..ahh
Old 02-13-2001, 10:44 PM

Not to much noise

It doesnt make that much noise. I was there with Cheston when he installed them in dennis 99 maxima. You cant even hear the noice.. Barely, but with the engine running, the noise disappears. I got the digital ones too..
Old 02-13-2001, 11:28 PM
Calspeed

noise

Ok.. that is good then... I am just warning you that is all. I have seen probably over 10000 invertors running and that has been my experience, I thought I would share it to possible save some of you any future grief.

Craig

Old 02-13-2001, 11:41 PM

Craig,
Sounds like you really hate K auto concepts.. well thats just my opinion. I'm happy I got my gauges. If you really want to make some gauges try making the reversible ones. For now, i will be happy with mine.

I Want the NEW G3 altezzas lights.. any takers?
Old 02-14-2001, 06:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hate? Damn... where'd you get that from? Maybe you should be a little nicer to the man who is also making indiglo gauges. More makers of indiglo gauges, more choices, more competition, better prices, better for future Max owners. I didn't jump on the deal cause $70-$100 is just too damn much for some of us poor people.

Originally posted by nizmolee
Craig,
Sounds like you really hate K auto concepts.. well thats just my opinion. I'm happy I got my gauges. If you really want to make some gauges try making the reversible ones. For now, i will be happy with mine.
Old 02-14-2001, 11:29 AM

help?

can ne 1 help me install it cause...i really don't wanna f*** it up when i payed a $100 for them...thanks...oh yea...i live in Moorpark, Ventura County
Old 02-14-2001, 12:52 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

install isn't too hard. it's just time consuming.

dont panic, and you'll be fine. seriously, these gauges will install in less than 2 hours for like a really really really novice installer.

it usually takes me 20-30 minutes to drop the whole steering column and removing the gauge bezel..
Old 02-14-2001, 02:10 PM

uhh

i don't know...maybe i should find a mechanic to do it somewhere
Old 02-15-2001, 09:22 PM

any updates on the 95-97 indiglo gauges...when are they gonna be available
Old 02-15-2001, 09:43 PM

White on White?

There is a quick rememdy to the White gauges with White needles. All you really need to do, is to get a bottle of red fingernail polish and paint the needles red, or whatever color you choose. It is simple and easy to do. It looks good too. Just a thought though...

Originally posted by ejj5875
Originally posted by Chebosto

That's not really what I asked.

A GXE has white needles....the new Indiglo gauges have a white background. I would think that this is a bad combo. Has anyone tried this out?

Can you easily see the needle on the white guage?
Old 02-16-2001, 05:29 AM
ejj

Re: White on White?

Originally posted by Asian_N02
There is a quick rememdy to the White gauges with White needles. All you really need to do, is to get a bottle of red fingernail polish and paint the needles red, or whatever color you choose. It is simple and easy to do. It looks good too. Just a thought though...
I thought about that...maybe trying to get some orange translucent paint...so they will still glow a little at night.

Thanks for the tip.