General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Suspension Install Part I

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2001, 06:38 PM

I must have bad luck or something. I decided that I would install my Tokicos and Intrax springs figuring about 4-5 hours for the install i started after an early release from school at 1 PM to give me enough time(so that my parents wouldn't find out) to install the tokico/intrax combo. Just to say no bolts stripped(yet). But it was hard as hell, it took me 5 hours to do the front strut/spring combos. Someone tell me the rears are easier. Just for info I did the install completely by myself. Man, gonna get some rest and start again tommorow. And by the way, after installing the intrax in the front, there wasn't too much of a diff, i didn't have time to measure so, what i'm seeing isn't great, i'm guessin they'll settle? i hope so, will fill u in on part II tommorow. till then, happy wrenching.
Old 02-09-2001, 07:55 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

don't worry..it'll settle. go slow and DO NOT RUSH. if that spring compressor slips it's basically shooting a gun.

Originally posted by Gotrice4
I must have bad luck or something. I decided that I would install my Tokicos and Intrax springs figuring about 4-5 hours for the install i started after an early release from school at 1 PM to give me enough time(so that my parents wouldn't find out) to install the tokico/intrax combo. Just to say no bolts stripped(yet). But it was hard as hell, it took me 5 hours to do the front strut/spring combos. Someone tell me the rears are easier. Just for info I did the install completely by myself. Man, gonna get some rest and start again tommorow. And by the way, after installing the intrax in the front, there wasn't too much of a diff, i didn't have time to measure so, what i'm seeing isn't great, i'm guessin they'll settle? i hope so, will fill u in on part II tommorow. till then, happy wrenching.