General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Suspension noise/clunck part 3

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 08:30 PM

Suspension noise/clunck part 3

Well, I just found the source of my noise that's been bothering me for the last 6 months! It turns out my y-pipe is hitting something that looks like a shield that's right behind the rear motor mount and extends below the front sway bar. I can clearly see the scratch/scuff marks on the shield and the FSB. However, I don't know if the y-pipe is moving so much because of a bad rear motor mount even though I just filled it with urethane or because of a loose suspension component. I also knocks when I let off the accelerator or/and the clutch. So I guess I just answered my own question Unless I've got more problems then I know of. I've replaced the struts, the strut bearings, the strut mount isolators, the end links, the FSB bushings. ****ing motor mounts! But, the thing is it also knocks on almost all the small bumps and imperfections. Maybe that's just the engine moving back and forth because of a bad motor mount. Ah what the hell I'll just let it all out, the oxygen sensors are all going on/off one by one, all three of the rear ignition sensors went bad one by one, the rear shocks keep dying every 6 months(thank God for a lifetime warranty from KYB), the steering wheel vibrates to every little rock every other week, the newly installed already broken in clutch chatters(that's prolly due to the bad motor mount which I spent like 3 hours installing after it was filled with urethane), the clutch pedal is heavier then a semi even though I just put in a new clutch(prolly a user error by the mechanic) , and the shifts feel like they're going through a grinder even though I just had the manual trans fluid changed hopefully to the right kind Other the that I love my Maxima

Sorry but I had to let out the steam
Thanks.

Thanks.