General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

i screwed up in big time, i need HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2003, 01:09 AM
V^___^V

i screwed up in big time, i need HELP!!!!

i tried to installed my new rims and tires. i thought the stock lugs would fit but it turns out i scraped two of those bars (as circled in white). i am extremely upset cuz i spent 7 hours tryin to install my rims/wheels + only finished painting 3 of my brake calipers. my ex is f*ckin startin another drama with me and i just beg for some help to resolve my problem.

currently i'm only running 3 lugs on my front right wheel cuz the "bar's tred" is scraped! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2003, 01:17 AM

buy new studs from somewhere, hammer out stripped studs and press on the new studs (search for instructions) takes like 20 min maybe

edit- better yet, go to sears or somewhere and look for a tool called "save-a-stud" its like a die kit that will fix the thread back straight
Old 09-12-2003, 01:23 AM
V^___^V

Originally Posted by Nismo
buy new studs from somewhere, hammer out stripped studs and press on the new studs (search for instructions) takes like 20 min maybe

edit- better yet, go to sears or somewhere and look for a tool called "save-a-stud" its like a die kit that will fix the thread back straight
thx nismo! u made my day... i thought i was gonna end up in dealership and waste more $$. i guess i'm just not thinkin rite today, especailly with my ex.

btw what kinda lugs you guys perfer for a 38mm offset rim? i need good lugs that doesn't break my stud or scrape my rim.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:38 AM

studs you can just get the stock ones form dealer or upgrade to nismo studs at courtesy nissan

for nuts mcguard spline drives or gorilla. you need 12x1.25 size
Old 09-12-2003, 11:28 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

studs are super cheap by the way
Old 09-12-2003, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by happyricefob

i tried to installed my new rims and tires. i thought the stock lugs would fit but it turns out i scraped two of those bars (as circled in white). i am extremely upset cuz i spent 7 hours tryin to install my rims/wheels + only finished painting 3 of my brake calipers. my ex is f*ckin startin another drama with me and i just beg for some help to resolve my problem.

currently i'm only running 3 lugs on my front right wheel cuz the "bar's tred" is scraped! PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!
I had to replace one stud in the front I'll try to give you instructions.
1) take braket and rotor off
2) turn hub so that there is no dust shield behind the stut you dave to replace
3) put a piece of wood over stud and hit the wood with a hammer. This should work no problem.
4) insert new stud from the back.
5) tap stud in with hammer (small taps make sure stud goues in straight).
6) use a pin driver and hammer to seat stud all the way.
7) install rotor and bracket.
I hope this helps.
Old 09-12-2003, 01:55 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

then sing "no more drama in my life ! " "worked real hard to mod my max" "if ya got beef step outta line ! "
Old 09-12-2003, 02:34 PM
V^___^V

Originally Posted by 6SPD_HLSD
I had to replace one stud in the front I'll try to give you instructions.
1) take braket and rotor off
2) turn hub so that there is no dust shield behind the stut you dave to replace
3) put a piece of wood over stud and hit the wood with a hammer. This should work no problem.
4) insert new stud from the back.
5) tap stud in with hammer (small taps make sure stud goues in straight).
6) use a pin driver and hammer to seat stud all the way.
7) install rotor and bracket.
I hope this helps.
thx for the detail instruction! i will go to dealership and pick up some studs and work on it now... i'll keep u guys updated.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:08 AM
V^___^V

studs won't come in till next wednesday...

i hate waiting.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:21 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally Posted by happyricefob
studs won't come in till next wednesday...

i hate waiting.

They should have studs at AutoZone or some place like that.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:00 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

I have had a hard time finding Nissan studs in general at AutoZone, Pep Boys, and Kragen. They don't seem to stock the imports too well...at least for wheel studs. Best bet is a dealer. If one is out, go to another one. You shouldn't have a problem finding them. I need 10 wheel studs at one time, and the dealer had them.
Old 09-13-2003, 12:57 PM
You're Faster, I'm Better

Originally Posted by foodmanry
I have had a hard time finding Nissan studs in general at AutoZone, Pep Boys, and Kragen. They don't seem to stock the imports too well...at least for wheel studs. Best bet is a dealer. If one is out, go to another one. You shouldn't have a problem finding them. I need 10 wheel studs at one time, and the dealer had them.

I had to replace a stud on my car last Sunday. It is not hard to do. When you get the brakes and the rotor off, line the bad stud up with the opening in the dust shield, (lower front) and just hammer it out. 1 or 2 good swings should get it. I got my stud from HiLo Oriely, (autozone didn't have it in stock). Put the disk back on, and a lug nut for the bad stud. Then torque that baby down untill it becomes properly seated. Do it this way and you don't have to worry about bending the stud or it not going in straight. Then put everything back together. BTW, my stud cost $1.66.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

this thread is gonna help me out too... im stripped 1 lug on each front side... so i need to replace 2 studs.... how much are those "save a stud.. thanx everyone who posted!
Old 09-13-2003, 01:36 PM
vicodin ... gift of life

call up kragen, autozone, pepboys, and that one other auto store they have around here.. blah can't remember name. good luck
Old 09-13-2003, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by ZeRo MaX
this thread is gonna help me out too... im stripped 1 lug on each front side... so i need to replace 2 studs.... how much are those "save a stud.. thanx everyone who posted!
save-a-stud kit is probably gonna cost a whole lot more to buy than to just replace the studs. Unless you have a collage or automotive school near you, they may have a set and probably can have it done for you free.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:59 PM
V^___^V

Originally Posted by nadir_s
call up kragen, autozone, pepboys, and that one other auto store they have around here.. blah can't remember name. good luck
i doubt they'll have studs in stock as well... it'll take them time to order it, mind as well get it from dealer.

$2.50 for each stud, or somethin close to tat.
Old 09-13-2003, 07:12 PM
ivelweyz

That's what phones are for...