General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Maxima Video

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 12:20 PM
Bacon Lover

Maxima Video

Just wanted to let you all know I'm making a video of Max's. It's basically going to be a compilation of lots of videos with music, etc.

Soooo...I need to ask a favor of all of you. If you would please, point out to me any good footage of Maxima's on the 'net (preferably daytime).

Also, when it's finished, I'm going to need somewhere to host it and I have no idea where to even start looking for hosting of a probably 20 MB+ file.

Thank you and have a good day
Old 09-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

check vqpower.com
Old 09-27-2003, 12:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Tatanko
Just wanted to let you all know I'm making a video of Max's. It's basically going to be a compilation of lots of videos with music, etc.

Soooo...I need to ask a favor of all of you. If you would please, point out to me any good footage of Maxima's on the 'net (preferably daytime).

Also, when it's finished, I'm going to need somewhere to host it and I have no idea where to even start looking for hosting of a probably 20 MB+ file.

Thank you and have a good day
I swear.. this post is a duplicate of all the ones that have come before it. Reading it is like deja-vu.. I once posted such a question.. and then once every couple months you'll see them posted again. My video isn't even up on the net anymore it's so old, hahaha. Anyway, good luck finding good sources. Most of the videos are at night and are poor quality. Talk to gtr_rider and sprintmax.
Old 09-27-2003, 02:48 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by geo1317
check vqpower.com
I have already done so, but thanks.

Originally Posted by hakk97se
I swear.. this post is a duplicate of all the ones that have come before it. Reading it is like deja-vu.. I once posted such a question.. and then once every couple months you'll see them posted again. My video isn't even up on the net anymore it's so old, hahaha. Anyway, good luck finding good sources. Most of the videos are at night and are poor quality. Talk to gtr_rider and sprintmax.
Hahaha. I guess I haven't been around the .Org long enough or often enough to have noticed this. Sorry for the repeat However, I intend to make a decent movie (even though I've never made one before). My only problem is, I'm using Windows Movie Maker and a lot of the time, for some reason, it just all of the sudden closes on me...
Old 09-27-2003, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by geo1317
check vqpower.com

Old 09-28-2003, 03:41 AM

Hahaha. I guess I haven't been around the .Org long enough or often enough to have noticed this. Sorry for the repeat However, I intend to make a decent movie (even though I've never made one before). My only problem is, I'm using Windows Movie Maker and a lot of the time, for some reason, it just all of the sudden closes on me...
I didn't mean to dissuade you from making a video! By all means, im sure bored org people (like myself) would download it It can be a fun and/or a frustrating project. With WMM, I think that the latter will be more true See if you can get your hands on a copy of Adobe Premier PRO (new). Regular Premier would be good too. But these aren't cheap. You may uh.. have to borrow a copy from someone.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:38 AM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by hakk97se
I didn't mean to dissuade you from making a video! By all means, im sure bored org people (like myself) would download it It can be a fun and/or a frustrating project. With WMM, I think that the latter will be more true See if you can get your hands on a copy of Adobe Premier PRO (new). Regular Premier would be good too. But these aren't cheap. You may uh.. have to borrow a copy from someone.

Heh, thanks for the reccomendation. What kind of file format would the video then be in if I made it with one of these programs?
Old 09-29-2003, 03:55 PM
wat

Hahaha yea, just go download Adobe Premiere, I did. But I really never used it. Its a nice program.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:53 PM

Heh, thanks for the reccomendation. What kind of file format would the video then be in if I made it with one of these programs?
Depends on the codecs you have on your computer. If you have a DivX codec installed, you can probably compress it in DivX. Premier may or may not allow you to do wmv's (small, but lame). I would recommend divx or mpeg. Most of the other "stock" codecs will be huge.