General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

people need to learn how to drive in the ****in rain

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 08:02 PM

people need to learn how to drive in the ****in rain

Some ******* hit my damn car which was PARKED on the side of the road - and this is less than a week after i have to stop parking in my shared driveway cus someone finally moved in. they hit my baby so hard it got pushed up against the curb. Right now i can see that my bumber needs to be replaced along w/ my outside driver's tail light, and my trunk has a nice gap in it seperating the bumber from the bottom of the trunk. they probably slammed it against the curb pretty hard.
Any idea what other kind of damage i'm looking at? hopefully i can take it somewhere tomorrow to get an estimate.

AHHGGG I'm so ****ING ****ED OFF right now.

[update]

just talked to the cops they believe it was a MOTHER ****IN BUS DRIVER
Old 10-17-2003, 08:32 PM
ivelweyz

so it was a hit and run huh. Bad news is if they don't find the guy things might get a bit ****ty for you...

Old 10-17-2003, 08:58 PM

ok, i just got off the the phone w/ the officer and it was the bus damn bastard. he still had pieces of my tail light and a white stripe down his side. errgg at least i don't have to pay my deductible now.
Old 10-18-2003, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Zypher
ok, i just got off the the phone w/ the officer and it was the bus damn bastard. he still had pieces of my tail light and a white stripe down his side. errgg at least i don't have to pay my deductible now.
That's funny, well, not your car, I mean the subject of your thread. I was going to say yeah they should learn to drive in the rain in Philly. Then I see you are in the Philly area.

I don't get it--if it rains in Philly, I have to leave 10 minutes earlier for a 14 mile commute. Rain in Philly is like snow in New England! WTF??

There is a lot of hit and run down here. We just don't have any police presence to speak of, so it's like the Wild Wild West. That's why we really need red light traffic cameras, and yesterday. Anyone who lives here, you know what I mean. There are actual exits on I-476 where people exit the highway and get back on the same exit, thinking that they are beating the stop-go backup. They get into accidents with those high speed manuevers. I've never seen people do that anywhere else.

Good luck with the car--at least they know who did it.
Old 10-18-2003, 06:23 AM
CCx

philly has to be the only city in america where, during a mild rain-storm:

a. commute times double, sometimes triple
b. speed limits seem to be reduced exponentially
c. drivers pull over to the side of the road to 'wait it out' (how about turning on the wipers instead?)
d. most commutes are a combination of excessive braking and dodging the scared who are driving 15 mph with their hazards! on in the left lane on 76...

can't really say i'd want to live anywhere else though....bring on the snow! (i.e. the REAL fun on the roads )
Old 10-18-2003, 09:51 AM

The damage shouldn't take to long to repair, and some good things did come outta this.

1. the tail light they smashed had a couple of cracks in it - they were there when i bought it - and i didn't want to shell out dealer prices to replace them for a couple of little cracks, although they annoyed me.

2. There was a bad touch-up job on my rear bumper which will go bye bye now.

I'm definatly glad they figured out it was the bus driver. But he should be glad i didn't see him hit my car.... things would have turned out a little different then ....

I definatly have to agree about the philly drivers. bunch of idiots, either they are a) going tooo damn slow - i.e. 35 in a 50, or b) driving like a moron - LOOK before you change lanes huh?

snow does = fun here, RWD SUVs trying to floor it up a hill, 20 min drives become 4 hr drives etc.

I think that really just gets me is it has been less than a week since i had to start parking in the street again.
Old 10-19-2003, 05:47 PM
U wanna try me young boy?

How did they figure out it was the bus driver?
Old 10-19-2003, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Scruit
How did they figure out it was the bus driver?
The cops saw a bus parked behind my car earlier that day while the football team was playing (or they saw him turning around in the bar parking lot across the street from me, can't remeber) . So they figured it might be him. They called Lower Merion School District to find the bus, then when they checked it out it still had pieces of my tailight stuck on it, and a white streak.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

That sucks
Old 10-19-2003, 08:41 PM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Originally Posted by CCx
philly has to be the only city in america where, during a mild rain-storm:

a. commute times double, sometimes triple
b. speed limits seem to be reduced exponentially
c. drivers pull over to the side of the road to 'wait it out' (how about turning on the wipers instead?)
d. most commutes are a combination of excessive braking and dodging the scared who are driving 15 mph with their hazards! on in the left lane on 76...

can't really say i'd want to live anywhere else though....bring on the snow! (i.e. the REAL fun on the roads )
Ever been to Atlanta or San Diego? They're worse, believe me...
Old 10-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear that george, but it's good everything will be taken care of