General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My Nightmare (long)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2001, 09:52 PM

I get pulled over one day back in Oct. of last year for driving on Rt. 66 (in Northern VA)during HOV hours. The entire highway is HOV. Duh! I didn't know. Cop doesn't give me a warning when I tell him I honestly had no idea. And instead he let's 5 other drivers off with a warning. What the? Fine.
I'll just go to court and fight this ticket. It was an honest mistake, afterall.

So there I am, 4 days before Christmas, sitting in court near the front (taking time off from work, no less) and I listening to this judge for 3 f**king hours letting people off or reducing their fines left and right for all kinds of crap. Speeding, wreckless driving, running red lights...you name it. Finally he gets to me, so I stand up and plead "not guilty." He says "tough" you shoulda known better. What the???

Jeez..whatever. I'll just pay the damn ticket. But I can't, cuz I don't have the money and I don't get paid for 2 weeks.

So 2 weeks later I get paid, but of course I'm already passed the 10 day deadline to pay the ticket. So guess what, they suspend my license. Wonderful. And then they add on late fees.

So I call up the circuit court and pay the ticket. Then they tell me that I need to reinstate my license by contacting the DMV. Fine. So I call DMV, pay my reinstatement fee and I'm all set. Everything's back to normal now. Or so I thought.

a couple of fridays ago, I get pulled over for having expired tags. (okay, that was my fault for being lazy about renewing registration.) The cop asks to see my license and registration. Then he looks in up and then tells me that my license is suspended and then arrests me!
I get frisked 4 times, get thrown in a jail cell and the whole time he's cracking jokes like I'm happy to be there. ****ing ******* cop. but I'm not really mad at him, he's just doing his job. so I spent 2 hours in jail. Paid $75 to get out. And had to take a ****ing cab to get home.

Next day, I call DMV and they tell me that it is indeed suspended. What the ****??? I already paid the damn ticket AND the reinstatement fee. I did everything I was asked to do and this is what I get?

So I call back the circuit court. After being on hold for a 2 whole ****ing hours, they tell me, "yeah, you already paid the ticket. what's the problem?" "What's the problem? I got arrested. that's the problem" So they re-faxed the receipt to DMV and then DMV FINALLY reinstated my license back to normal status. But I didn't have to pay a reinstatement. Why? Cuz I ALREADY FU*king paid for it when they got the receipt the first time!!!

When I ask DMV about it...they say that there's nothing they can do. man o man.. I am pissed like mother now.

Now I've got this record, my insurance goes up and I don't even get an apology.

*SIGH*

Anyone know what I should do to erase this mess without having to call a lawyer??

Thanks for listening...

Old 02-25-2001, 11:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Geez... government at work. Get a lawyer, you're likely to get some reimbursement out of this as long as you can prove you paid the reinstatement fee with a reciept.