General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Anyone with a S-AFC...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2001, 06:01 PM

Does anyone have a NA 4th gen with a S-AFC? My car keeps shutting off and then the MIL came on. The code read Mass-Air Flow Sensor. All connections are good, and I don't see anything blocking the MAF, but the problem is still there. Do you think that my settings on the S-AFC are too high? I didn't set them, My tuner did. But to me it seems a little rich. What settings do you guys run? All I have is an intake. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 02-26-2001, 07:24 PM

Hey I have an Apex'i S-AFC... And when my car sputtered and died, it turned out the one wire was not connected properly. So rechecking the connections fixed that problem, however, with all the beta testing that happened on my car with the ECU and such, the extra yanking and twisting of the harness caused one wire to break within it's insulation, and that was fixed after careful diagnosis and a quick cut/reweld operation. Since then, no other problems!

So check your wire connections and your wires for any signs of discontinuity... And as for the S-AFC menus themselves, you should have hotwire-4 selected and make sure you indicate 6 cylinders on the unit. Hint: Don't let any **** play with your S-AFC as that could seriously ruin your car's driveability if the wrong settings are entered there.

Good luck.

--Nabil
Old 02-26-2001, 07:30 PM

Thanks, I'll check that out. It's really annoying and dangerous.
Old 02-26-2001, 10:59 PM

nabil

Originally posted by Nabil
Hey I have an Apex'i S-AFC... And when my car sputtered and died, it turned out the one wire was not connected properly. So rechecking the connections fixed that problem, however, with all the beta testing that happened on my car with the ECU and such, the extra yanking and twisting of the harness caused one wire to break within it's insulation, and that was fixed after careful diagnosis and a quick cut/reweld operation. Since then, no other problems!

So check your wire connections and your wires for any signs of discontinuity... And as for the S-AFC menus themselves, you should have hotwire-4 selected and make sure you indicate 6 cylinders on the unit. Hint: Don't let any **** play with your S-AFC as that could seriously ruin your car's driveability if the wrong settings are entered there.

Good luck.

--Nabil
You have the uprd ecu. are you seeing significant gains with the s-afc also install?