General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Sharing a few road kills ---->

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2001, 01:20 PM

The first wasn't even in my max..it was in my sweetheart's GT-S. I was in front of a lowered and sweet looking mustard yellow CL-Type S. Didn't think nothing of it, just pulled from the light like I normally do and he pulls beside me. I have to admit that his ride was looking sweet, he had to of had 18's or 19's. He looks over and I of course am checking out the ride and he gives me this little smirk and nods his head so I put the Celica in 3rd and we take off. We were nose to nose untill I shifted into 4th and I started inching forward...by then the speeds were gettin too crazzy for the road we were on. So I tap the brakes when I see his headlights in the rear view mirror and slow back down to a more reasonable speed. He flys by me and hits his brakes. We approach the light and just give each other a nod.

Today at lunch I was meeting my friend at Tysons Mall so I pay the toll for the Dulles Access Rd and take off like a bat out of hell to about 70 to merge with traffic... A silver S4 quickly pulls beside me... he takes off and I slip her into 3rd and take off after the Audi. It only takes me a couple hundred feet to over take him and I fly right by him at 115... I hit 130 and slow her down to 70. He doesnt want to play anymore but keeps a steady pace of 75. he gives me a thumbs up as he continues toward the toll gate as I merge onto International drive. I love the way that Audi looked. Sweet car with huge wheels and a pretty stance.

Tim 95 SE 5 Speed S/C
91 Galant AWD T/C VR-4
Old 02-27-2001, 07:02 PM

more roadkills...

lastnight, i took a 1.8T A4 off the line. then at around 55ish mph, the road started curving. i tried to push my max a lil further but it couldnt take it. i heard the wheels screeching a lil so to feathered the brakes. then the A4 out of nowhere flies by and passes me on that curve probably about 20 mph faster then me. the road straightened out again and he misshifted into fourth. i was gaining back fast and passed him at about 115mph. we then slowed down cuz the up coming light was red.

tonight, i was on my way home and an explorer with a loud a$$ system pulls up next to me. its a rich a$$ jock that goes to my school. he has a cig in his hand and nods to me.
we both floor it and i just cream him like mad. another stop sign. i wait for him and instead of stopping, he rolls the stopsign so i chase him down and fly past him at 45 mph. another stopsign. i wait for him and there is traffic so i kno he wont run it. i wave the traffic to pass and the explorer pulls up. we both floor it again and im like "waste gas or keep toying with him?" the road is a longer stretch so by about 80,4-5 carlengths ahead, i blink my hazard lights tell him its over. he then starts flashing his high beams at me. i pull up to the next stopsign but the sprinklers were on. so i figured that i would probably peel out like mad and possibly lose control. so i was like, screw it. flipped a U and went home.
Old 02-27-2001, 07:07 PM
Administrator

what were you racing the S4 with? the Maxima.. because i know the 95 alone is fast and a Supercharged 95 that thing must be a monster.. definately mid to low 13's with bolt ons.. S4 can't touch that
Old 02-27-2001, 07:27 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
what were you racing the S4 with? the Maxima.. because i know the 95 alone is fast and a Supercharged 95 that thing must be a monster.. definately mid to low 13's with bolt ons.. S4 can't touch that
actually, i have a turboed 97 gxe dynoed at 347 HP. i didnt spray either cuz i knew i could take it. naw.. im just playin. i have a bone stock 97gxe. it wasnt an S4, it was a 1.8T A4.

o wait, hahaaa.. you werent talkin bout me.

[Edited by _DRU_ on 02-27-2001 at 09:42 PM]
Old 02-28-2001, 12:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sure a S4 could touch a SCed maxima. All it needs is some more boost.

ZuM

Originally posted by SprintMax