General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Raced Maxima of the month

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 05:34 PM

Hi all. Saw a link to this on the ClubGP site and wandered on over. On your home page I noticed that the Maxima of the Month for Febuary was from Tulsa. It looks like one I raced before. If you are reading this Matt, have you ever raced a Silver or Red SHO on 71st between Memorial and Mingo? If not, oh well. Glad to be here. Looks like a great site. And MaddMaxx (not sure of your name here, but I assume you are here), how's it going? - If there are any other members in the Tulsa area, how about a friendly race? Other than the one mentioned above I have only raced two other Max's and they were both 4th gen autos, with minimal engine mods. Anyway, see you guys around.
Old 03-02-2001, 06:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've raced a red 95 SHO before in Tulsa...do you recognize my car from my sig pic?
Old 03-03-2001, 12:13 AM
STFU n00b!

About two months ago, some weekend night? Yup.. that was me then.. Glad to see you're at least friendly, unlike most of the people around Tulsa!

Wasn't much of a race anyway, huh? I knew I wouldn't stand a chance, but there's notrhing wrong with having a little fun.. I was kinda waiting for your tranny to fall out the bottom on you! (I've heard they're a problem in SHOs)

Just wait till I get all my toys done, we'll meet again.. (just like all the honda lovers around Tulsa say!)

I've been pretty much staying away from the area on weekends.. just too damn many cops looking for a reason to pull you over. I've been pulled over 4 times since I toyed with you that night, all of them for dumb stuff (failing to signal lane change, making illegal u-turn, etc).. I took 'em all to court and the cop hasn't shown up once.

see ya around man! glad to know someone else in tulsa isn't an a$$hole!

Old 03-05-2001, 02:49 PM

Matt, yeah, that was me. Cool seeing you here. Yeah, the cops have been brutal of late. We were in town last Friday though, and this was the first time in forever that Memorial was not crawling with cops. BTW, I have 5 spd SHO's. The autos are known for being weak, but that little 5 spd holds up pretty well, even with mods. If anyone in Oklahoma is interested, I am trying to get a few people to join me at Hallet Raceway on the 24th of March.
Old 03-05-2001, 10:56 PM
STFU n00b!

That was a 5 spd? hehehe damn.. I saw those 2-1 downshifts @30 and thought you were trying to blow your auto! LOL

What's the deal with Hallet that weekend? I replied to your post on the midwest board also.