General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Skylines Down Under

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2001, 05:51 AM

I've been in Australia for two weeks (on a 6 month temporary assignment). I happened across a Aussie magazine High Performance Imports with a several articles on Skylines in Australia, then at another newsstand (they have lots of newstands here), the same mag had a special edition on Skylines. And then I found Skylines for sale in the newspaper.

So I spent today looking at some places who import Skylines from Japan. I took a bunch of digital photos so will be finding a place to put them so you guys can drool. I found 2 GTRs- one was really decked out with Recaros, Momo wheel, aftermarket wheels and all sorts of gauges. The shop said it was over 400 hp. They have a number of types of Skylines- for instance a GT-S with a smaller engine and I think a single turbo. One of the ladies I'm working with's brother has one and I'll be going out with him hopefully next weekend.

So make your special requests now!! I'm going to get a couple of video tapes (will have to get them converted). And I'm going to check to see if GTR badges are available.

For you guys who know me from the Atlanta meet, the weather today was about like Hotlanta. I've had one overcast day here- the rest have been bright sun, blue skys, darker blue ocean. I am living in Freemantle about a block from some of the basins used in the Americas Cup races; Perth is just up the river- gorgeous views all along the Swan River.

More to come- I can be emailed at geezrtom@global.net.au
Old 03-03-2001, 06:11 AM

Nice to hear about those Skylines. I know you haven't been over there a long time, but... how are those Aussie women treating you? I want a detailed report by tomorrow at 22:00 local time! :-)
Old 03-03-2001, 06:20 AM

I am evaluating as I go!

The common thread is tight tanktops with spaghetti straps, tight skirts that start about an inch or two below the navel. This attire lends itself to discrete shoulder tattos and navel piercing. Bodies tend to be a little long in the torso but fairly thin so the legs look good too. Waling behind a group is awesome! I'm trying to figure out to get some pictures. Oh, and there are a lot of tanktops with v-necks.... and cleavage. A little cashier at the grocery store- probably 16- had glitter on her cleavage.

More to come!

GEEzerTom
Old 03-03-2001, 06:27 AM

Re: I am evaluating as I go!

Originally posted by GEEzerTom
The common thread is tight tanktops with spaghetti straps, tight skirts that start about an inch or two below the navel. This attire lends itself to discrete shoulder tattos and navel piercing. Bodies tend to be a little long in the torso but fairly thin so the legs look good too. Waling behind a group is awesome! I'm trying to figure out to get some pictures. Oh, and there are a lot of tanktops with v-necks.... and cleavage. A little cashier at the grocery store- probably 16- had glitter on her cleavage.

More to come!

GEEzerTom
Keep us informed, but be careful about taking those girl pictures. You don't want any jealous boyfriends to show you what a "real knoif" looks like! Enjoy.
Old 03-03-2001, 10:56 AM

"Oh, I see you've played knifey spoony before.." *said in Australian accent*