General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Integra Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2001 | 12:11 PM

Does anyone know how fast an Integra Type-R is?? 0-60...1/4 mile you know all that good stuff....also anyone ever raced one?
Old 03-06-2001 | 12:18 PM
Administrator

14.6 1/4 mile stock, however unfortunately like all Honda Manual Transmission Vechiles such as the Type R, the Prelude and the S2000 it has to be revvved near Redline to acheive this performance.. what does this mean.. if the person you are racing is not redlining every gear and you are driving a max you will win.. which luckly in my case i have always succeded because they are usually young kids who are not aware of VTEC or don't choose to redline every gear..

not redlining every gear and shifting at 5000 rpm the Type R runs low to mid 15's
Old 03-06-2001 | 12:55 PM

hmmm... i redline every gear in the maxima =X
Old 03-06-2001 | 01:14 PM

I raced one a few months ago, it was a 2001 yellow

nice car. from a start he killed me, and from a 20 MHP roll he also killed me, Now I think that if we would have started at 30MPH I would have had a better chance b/c at 20 MPH in 1st my RPM's are high, and I have to shift to 2nd shortly, but at 30 I would be in 2nd and I would not have to shift so soon, but then again I may not be in my power band. But I do want to try a 30 MHP roll. They are quick cars, meant for racing.

I was also just learning to drive stick so that could be contributed to it, but then again they are fast and i think I still would have lost, I ran a 15.1 in the 1/4 mile, so with them running 14.6 will most likely win if they are a good driver. They guy I raced was.
Old 03-06-2001 | 09:54 PM
bmwhm5

Re: I raced one a few months ago, it was a 2001 yellow

i beat up one 'bout 2 months ago...it has exhause that i could see....maybe he is a bad driver?
anyway, here's another story with type-r...i was racing with 97 white type-r a week ago...he is my friend...we went a street about 4 a.m. i know there is just a few cops just couple times a month. and speed limit is 55mph...and has light...all straight about a mile...very good place to race....anyway, back to the story, we stopped at light...and we talked about who's gonna win....then we saw the green, and we took off at the same time... result? when i hit about 6000rpm in 1st gear, he's way to ahead of me even two or so car lengths, and 2nd gear, he pulled far so i barely see his car...3rd gear, we all know maxima's 3rd gear has some kick a$$ power...i put 3rd, i even could not find him where he was....i stopped at next light...he was smoking and waiting for me....means he made complete stop and get cigarette from his pocket and lighted.. means at least 15 sec.... i was very very surprising since he beat me up pretty bad....it is my second time that i cannot see the car raced with me, and finally see in front of the next light waiting for me...(first one was porsche 911 turbo...damn fast...never play with it or you will be toasted, i mean burn up). his mods was CAI, header, convertor, cat-back...i knew i was gonna lose by kinda 3 or so car lengths....so i asked him how the hell your car fast like that, and i pulled over his car to side, and opened hood with smiling.....i could saw the new ignition kit from MSD, and finally i saw the round thing right next to the engine, and his CAI has been gone....you got it? it is vortech supercharger....he knew there is no kit for him from vortech, and he just got for si, and made conversion to his car...(he is very good mechanic....) also he lowered his compression ratio from 11 something to almost 8.5 by replacing gaskit and JE piston and rods....and he got smaller pulley, 440cc fuel injector, and some big fuel pump...he said he is making about 13-14 boost....damn...that was the reason he beat me up so bad.... he didn't run 1/4 mile yet, since it is cold, no track to check, and i guess he is running about low to mid 12 or possibly flat 12.....(hope my guess is incorrect....)...anyway.... another story about being beaten up by type-r.....afraid of honda since then...especially type-r....
thnx for reading this long story guys...
Old 03-06-2001 | 11:02 PM

Good to know I wasn't the only one :p n/m

Old 03-07-2001 | 02:17 AM

integra

Type-R's are impressive, if you've ever driven one the best part about them is not their 1/4times, but their handling/cornering; talk about amazing. Luckily they're not too many type-r's (190hp) since they are pretty pricy, although you will see the gs-r's (170hp) all the time; not to mention a ton of fake type-r's.

An integra is a great second car to have along with a maxima in my opinion.

-Nate
Old 03-07-2001 | 09:44 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Got beat by a yellow one few months ago->

Rolling start from around 20mph. Max kicked down to second gear on the auto and I got a half car jump. I thought my car was badass and the race was over for the Type R. Max kicked into third gear and the Type R got a second wind. The Type R was now half a car ahead and kept on gaining. By the end of my 3rd gear auto, the Type R was two cars ahead. Had to shut down around 80mph. They will run low 15s and high 14s no problem.
Old 03-07-2001 | 09:37 PM
rll96se

Originally posted by SprintMax
14.6 1/4 mile stock, however unfortunately like all Honda Manual Transmission Vechiles such as the Type R, the Prelude and the S2000 it has to be revvved near Redline to acheive this performance.. what does this mean.. if the person you are racing is not redlining every gear and you are driving a max you will win.. which luckly in my case i have always succeded because they are usually young kids who are not aware of VTEC or don't choose to redline every gear..

not redlining every gear and shifting at 5000 rpm the Type R runs low to mid 15's
The Driver makes all the difference. I have driven vtecs and it takes serious revs for power. I have beaten an ITR before but I could only hear him shifting at about 4500 rpm. As he later passed me up, he looked pissed. But he had temporary tags which meant he probabley just got it but did not know how to drive it.
Old 03-07-2001 | 09:47 PM

My brothers friend has a Type-R the guy is nuts everytime he races he redlines and drives the sh** out of it he ran into a curb with it and cracked the rimms he tock the corner too fast and slid right into it. I have never seen anyone disrespect their car like he does. I wan't to race him in my 94 Max I think that I might have a chance since his trany is not working right. He shifted from 4th to 2nd coming off the highway and wrecked it, he had it fixed but it's not what it used to be.

Old 03-08-2001 | 02:54 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Moral of the story: don't race one unless you're heavily modified.

Mid 14's stock with a good driver = ouch for the Maxima...
Old 03-08-2001 | 08:03 PM

Have any of u experienced being in a car with an NOS system? What does it really feel like?