General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

A little help please

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2001 | 01:42 AM

I just came across some money and I need some help spending it. I think my clutch is going. The car seems slow in first or almost anytime that I punch it. It's almost like the tires are spinning but their not? What brands are out there, and which one is the best. My car has 67K already on it (had 48k 4 months ago) so I think it is time for some new spark plugs, but which ones. I am also planning on getting a supercharger in a few months so is there anything else I should invest in before doing so.

I appreciate any help!

Rich
Old 03-09-2001 | 05:13 PM

Go with the stock NGK Platinums (also called "Laser Platinums"). I think they are PFR-5K or some number like that. There has been no proof that other plugs work better, so why fix something that ain't broken.

Old 03-09-2001 | 05:20 PM
I'm needing a caw

If you are going supercharged in the future, you had better upgrade your clutch. Centerforce and ACT are two makers that come to mind right now. Stillen carries at least one or both. If you feeling frisky, you can either get your stock flywheel lightened(about 3 lbs less) or buy the Stillen Aluminum flywheel(11 lbs total)(about 5lbs lighter than a lighted stock one). If you stay w/ the oem clutch, I think the supercharger will overwhelm it pretty fast.