General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

audio installers please help me

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2001, 06:35 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Please please please read my thread in audio:

http://216.122.219.59/forums/showthr...threadid=27792

before I go on a rampage here, this is bad...

/aac
Old 03-14-2001, 07:19 AM

the gods

What must I do? Must I do a dance to the dashboard gods? What is needed? A sacrifice of some sort?

/aac
Old 03-14-2001, 08:34 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: the gods

Originally posted by acitrano
What must I do? Must I do a dance to the dashboard gods? What is needed? A sacrifice of some sort?

/aac
well basically you want the front plece to match the dash..
i've seen vinyl overlay in wood trim/color. it's not REAL wood but it looks like it. basically wrap it around that piece and it should* match the upper piece. if not you can also get vinyl sheets that match your interior color (the biege color) you can put that around it. it won't peel like the paint you see there. good luck.
Old 03-14-2001, 09:49 AM

Re: Re: the gods

Originally posted by DanNY

well basically you want the front plece to match the dash..
i've seen vinyl overlay in wood trim/color. it's not REAL wood but it looks like it. basically wrap it around that piece and it should* match the upper piece. if not you can also get vinyl sheets that match your interior color (the biege color) you can put that around it. it won't peel like the paint you see there. good luck.

Where do I get this stuff? Who can do it in New England? I don't think I'm returning to either shop.

/aac
Old 03-14-2001, 05:09 PM

www.selectproducts.com has a lot of installation materials; it's also where some shops get their stuff.
Old 03-14-2001, 08:07 PM

During my 6 years of college I worked as a manager of a high end car audio store. I basically started out in the install bay and progressed onward. The correct way to fix your problem would be to order a matching dash panel from a Maxima that has the non bose/non upgraded stereo. This piece should work. It has the same color scheme as the rest of your dash. My neighbor has a 2000 I30t and it will work. It is apparant that the installers were trying to perform custom work, but for some reason it does not look it. The dash in the maxima's that do not have the upgraded stereo have a removable pocket that will accomodate all of your equipment. And yes it can be installed flush behind the the panel with very little modification, I did this on my 4th gen and the dash is very similar to that of the 5th gen when used with the new fascia.
Old 03-15-2001, 07:45 AM

Originally posted by edadams
During my 6 years of college I worked as a manager of a high end car audio store. I basically started out in the install bay and progressed onward. The correct way to fix your problem would be to order a matching dash panel from a Maxima that has the non bose/non upgraded stereo. This piece should work. It has the same color scheme as the rest of your dash. My neighbor has a 2000 I30t and it will work. It is apparant that the installers were trying to perform custom work, but for some reason it does not look it. The dash in the maxima's that do not have the upgraded stereo have a removable pocket that will accomodate all of your equipment. And yes it can be installed flush behind the the panel with very little modification, I did this on my 4th gen and the dash is very similar to that of the 5th gen when used with the new fascia.

Are you sure this piece will work on my i30? I think the dashes are a little different between the 5th gen Max and the 2k i30.

Where can I get this piece? I've looked online and no one seems to have it.

Thanks,
/aac