General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Feeling my Max's pain :bawling:

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 10:54 AM

Feeling my Max's pain :bawling:

after driving for 7 years without any accident, my max was hit today... a 17 yr did not slow down or stop for me and i was turning onto the road she did said to the officer that she saw me pulling in... so mid way onto the street she hit me... and this is the result....

before....

After....

This happen on my Trip to Northa Carolina... and according to the officer it's my fault even though she hit me and said she saw me pulling in... How stupid is that....

Will my insurance cover me even if its found to be my fault?
Old 04-16-2004, 11:08 AM
maxima no more

sucks that the max got hit, but what you are saying is that you were pulling out in front of her? if so then yes its your fault and you insurance will only cover you if you have collision since it was your fault.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:09 AM
Kevlo for President

Insurance will cover you and raise your $

Good thing your okay.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:13 PM
DoGGy

omg that sucks. some serious damage. girls always playin with their a$$ when they driving. either putting make up on, talking on cell phone, playing with eyebrows, fixing their hair, puttin nail polish on or some bs !!

im sure she was doing somethin and didnt see you !

Old 04-16-2004, 12:18 PM

Was she hot? that could have been a reason he blamed you.......cops usually take the older persons side of the story. WTF is wrong with that cop. He musta got something something form her.....

***** should die.....but pay before that....
Old 04-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Kevlo for President

BTW, take off your front license plate more foten to wash under it when you get your new front bumper.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Getting back to his roots

If you are pulling into traffic from a stop sign or yield then the person already in the lane has the right of way until you are all the way in the lane. So, if she saw you turning into the lane she is not obligated to let you in just because you started turning; it's merely a courtesy. Sorry to break it to you.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Sin

You are entirely at fault and your insurance will show it. When you are making a right turn onto a roadway, the person going straight has the right of way. They are in no way obligated to stop. Hell, they are in their right of way to accelerate.

I bet if you were the person going straight and someone was making a right turn in front of you, that you'd feel the same way.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:28 PM
2060lbs and falling...

Sux man. Sorry. Hit the wheel?(Doesn't look like it) If so you got some major damage. If not I'd guess $2-3.5K. Doesn't look like the frame was bent much if any. Look at it on the positive side. You can get rid of that ugly liscense bracket, if your willing to risk it. Be sure not to let the body shop put it on cause it will scratch the paint and leave two holes. I adamately told my body shop I didn't want or need a front liscense. They did it anyway, "Its the law." Also you could do some nice stuff like CF hood, fenders, CF lip(if yours is destroyed). Find a body shop that will work with you and you won't have to pay much for all that. An OEM hood is $2?? + paint = CF hood. OEM fenders are nearly same price as Phase 2 or similar product.

Did you have your steering wheel custom wrapped or is it just a cover? If wrapped, how much?
Old 04-16-2004, 11:38 PM

Ouch, sorry to hear that. I hate stopping at a 4 way stop sign, it's kind of confusing who has the right of way. Well, look at this way, lesson learned so next time, try to know who has the right of way.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:05 PM

Did you have your steering wheel custom wrapped or is it just a cover? If wrapped, how much?[/QUOTE]

I had it custom wrapped by a shop call Indy's Auto Sport, it was $44 they did a great job on it, i have two tone Black and White...

I might go and get a CF hood and those Redlinemax fenders... but im not sure how much my Insurance gonna give me... they haven't called yet...

Thanks for the comment..
Old 04-19-2004, 10:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
Ouch, sorry to hear that. I hate stopping at a 4 way stop sign, it's kind of confusing who has the right of way. Well, look at this way, lesson learned so next time, try to know who has the right of way.
Back to driving school. If all direction of people get to a 4 way stop at the same time (most of the time this doesn't happen). The person on the right side of you has the right of way to go first. If they hestiate, be a man and go.

Anyways, that sux for you. Looks like you will have drive around that bend up max for a while until you get it to pimp status again.