General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

need some advice guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2004, 01:46 PM

need some advice guys

hey guys i need some advice on a situation for my gf...basically some lady w/ a station wagon backed into her Honda accord and did some decent damage (i havent seen it yet)...apparently her rear passenger door doesnt even open anymore and stuff....
good news is that nobody was in the car and so every one is ok; and my gf got all the information (drivers license, insurance...) from the lady
however, the lady doesnt want to go through insurance, and she wants to just pay my gf for all the damage

what would you guys do? i know many have been through stuff like this so i'd appreciate any suggestions
thanks fellas
Old 04-16-2004, 02:27 PM
I love lamp.

Quite honestly, she's trying to get out of a rate hike. I say contact insurance anyway, it's just easier for the insurance company to go through the hassle, rather than you and your g/f. Was there a police report filed? From the sounds of the damage, there should be. Either way good luck with that.

S
Old 04-16-2004, 05:47 PM

no there was no police report filed....thanks for the suggestion,
Old 04-16-2004, 06:49 PM
I love lamp.

Probably should file a report. That way she can't turn around and say nothing ever happen, what are you talking about..yada yada yada. Either way, best of luck with that.

S
Old 04-18-2004, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by MaxedOut2g
hey guys i need some advice on a situation for my gf...basically some lady w/ a station wagon backed into her Honda accord and did some decent damage (i havent seen it yet)...apparently her rear passenger door doesnt even open anymore and stuff....
good news is that nobody was in the car and so every one is ok; and my gf got all the information (drivers license, insurance...) from the lady
however, the lady doesnt want to go through insurance, and she wants to just pay my gf for all the damage

what would you guys do? i know many have been through stuff like this so i'd appreciate any suggestions
thanks fellas
She might say that she wants to pay her until she sees the bill. After that, all bets are off if there was no police report and the insurance company was not informed shortly after the accident. It's probably going to be her word against your girl's word in the end. Good luck.
Old 04-18-2004, 05:54 AM
Member who somehow became The President of The SE-L Club

Get an estimate at a shop of YOUR CHOICE for the repair of her car. If she'll pay cash just take her money and have the car fixed. If she gives you any grief about the price then file the police report and go through her insurance company. It will take longer to settle everthing and get the car repaired via insurance so hopefully she just pays for the damages, thats your easiest way out.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:53 AM
Ramius83

I agree with njmaxseltd. Immediately tomorrow, go and get 2-3 estimates at some GOOD local repair shops. Take the three estimates to the lady and let her see the bills. More than likely, it will still be cheaper for her in the long run to just let the insurance cover it (also depending on who her insurance is and her past record).

Old 04-18-2004, 11:28 AM

it might be kinda late to file the police report, and that gives her the option to lie about what happened, since cops were not called onto the scene of the accident. I would just get a few estimates from GOOD shops, and then go from there. many people would rather pay a few grand outright for the damage, because not only will they have a $500-$1,000 deductable, but they also will have insurance increase which end up being much more over time than the just paying for the damage.

i wouldnt bother filing a report, because that might **** her off, and then its kinda her word against your g/f's. just take her money and fix it, or if you want to be a jerk, have the estimate high balled so you have some pocket money.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:03 PM

thanks guys...i'll relay the ideas to her....appreciate it
Old 04-18-2004, 10:09 PM

If it was on the street-call the cops-the other party can always say you rearended me or some other BS story. Tought to say in a parking lot-I dont think they show up for that. Personally, I'd contact the Insurance company-being nice is one thing, but you don't want the other party to not pay up.