General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Video of a 12.9 sec domestic vs Jime

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Man, you putting a hurtin' on that Ellis Juan. You outreacted him by .2 and out 60'd him by .4. It's amazing how much distance .6 seconds is in the first 60'. Your car is definitely hauling some booty. That Ellis Juan must have some serious mods to be pulling 12.7s@114mph+ with a terribly sad 2.2+ 60'. At my track, the only LS1 guys I know that pull anything over 108mph are either cammed/heads or nitrous.

Dave
Old 04-25-2004, 02:45 PM
LithiuMax

Wow.. that was a ridiculous launch. Makes me want to get slicks and some nitrous... hmm...

Old 04-25-2004, 03:16 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Wow, SICK launch. Too bad im to scared something will break with slicks...

-eric
Old 04-25-2004, 04:45 PM
Dyno plot says I have the most area under the Administrator curve

OMG I love it!!

Congrats Jime! I know you'll get an 11 second pass soon enough.
Old 04-25-2004, 04:54 PM
Blu
the tits

super freaks . hmmmm this is kind of making me want to break out the nitrous again. Since our all motor times are a tenth off, this shows me what I could have ran without a dying tranny that took 4 secs to shift

Awesome stuff Jim!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 05:48 PM
SLOW

It was probably a cammed LS1
Old 04-25-2004, 06:05 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Jime's on route to become the fastest maxima known to the .org.

-eric
Old 04-25-2004, 07:25 PM
Cheesing away...

Holy cow, congrats Jime. I think everyone wants to see that 12.1 vid.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
It was probably a cammed LS1
and at least a full exhaust
Old 04-25-2004, 08:13 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Good work!!!
Old 04-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Horra!!

very impressive Jim. awesome runs.
Old 04-25-2004, 08:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Wow, I freaked when I saw that launch. I had to play it again. Saying to myself, "That is a maxima, right?" That looked intense I can only imagine how it mustve felt to be in the drivers seat with a launch like that.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:22 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally Posted by max88q
Wow, I freaked when I saw that launch. I had to play it again. Saying to myself, "That is a maxima, right?" That looked intense I can only imagine how it mustve felt to be in the drivers seat with a launch like that.
That's why nitrous is so effective in drag racing. Jime understands that it doesn't take a lot mods to go super quick. With a 100-shot, he is making about an addtional 80whp, but the nitrous adds about 150wtq all across the whole rpm band. With the super short slicks and about 350-370wtq, his torque is insane for a Maxima. It's torque to weight ratio from 0-80mph is far better than the LS1 he ran.

Dave
Old 04-26-2004, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dave B
That's why nitrous is so effective in drag racing. Jime understands that it doesn't take a lot mods to go super quick. With a 100-shot, he is making about an addtional 80whp, but the nitrous adds about 150wtq all across the whole rpm band. With the super short slicks and about 350-370wtq, his torque is insane for a Maxima. It's torque to weight ratio from 0-80mph is far better than the LS1 he ran.

Dave
My one and only Dyno (the 2k2 will probably never see one) with my 95 running a 100 shot gave me exactly 101 WHP and 165 TQ, so the nitrous is very effective.

btw NX guarantees their HP to the wheels within 2% or higher than their rating. That means that if you are running a 50 HP shot they guarantee at least 49 HP to the wheels.
Old 04-26-2004, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Dave B
Man, you putting a hurtin' on that Ellis Juan. You outreacted him by .2 and out 60'd him by .4. It's amazing how much distance .6 seconds is in the first 60'. Your car is definitely hauling some booty. That Ellis Juan must have some serious mods to be pulling 12.7s@114mph+ with a terribly sad 2.2+ 60'. At my track, the only LS1 guys I know that pull anything over 108mph are either cammed/heads or nitrous.

Dave
The guys at your track cant drive. A properly setup h/c package will put down 400+ rwhp. If you cannot get into the 12s with 400 rwhp, quit racing.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by dmontzmax
VERY NICE Jime!

There must be nitrous in the air where you live, cause your cars are always fast.

lovely kill. i have you right on my desktop so when anybody doubts BAM!! video right in there face. i hope to run as good when i hit the track, but i dont know that take off was wicked. i knew your car was fast but to actually see it wow! you tore a new a--hole into that car.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:20 AM
OT n00bs FTMFCSL

Absolutely stunning Jim!

The VQ35 is truly a remarkable engine, even more so when modded
Old 04-26-2004, 11:46 AM

Good times Jime.

I dont mean to rain on your parade but was the 12.9 sec domestic running NOS?
How about the rest of the camaros and stangs you beat that day? Were they running NOS?
Old 04-26-2004, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by VQvroom
I dont mean to rain on your parade but was the 12.9 sec domestic running NOS?
How about the rest of the camaros and stangs you beat that day? Were they running NOS?
Why would you ask these questions?

You ever heard the phrase, "Run what you brung?"

Do you feel nitrous is not a good way to beat very fast cars?
Old 04-26-2004, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by deezo
Why would you ask these questions?

You ever heard the phrase, "Run what you brung?"

Do you feel nitrous is not a good way to beat very fast cars?

you hit the nail right on the head....

ever hear the phrase "all bottle no throttle?"
Old 04-26-2004, 12:17 PM

you hit the nail right on the head....

ever hear the phrase "all bottle no throttle?"
So I guess his car really isn't running 12.1 in the 1/4 then.

I mean really, does it change anything? Some cars run turbo, some cars run SC's. Even some cars run NA. Does this mean if a NA car races a turbo car in the 1/4, the times are not real or something?
Old 04-26-2004, 01:15 PM

I mean really, does it change anything? Some cars run turbo, some cars run SC's. Even some cars run NA. Does this mean if a NA car races a turbo car in the 1/4, the times are not real or something?

I never said i didnt believe him or doubt his times.
I just asked if the other cars were running NOS.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:15 PM

Nitrous isn't there all the time. You cannot run out of the boost that a turbo/sc provides. A Turbo/SC car that dynos 300 rwhp, can duplicate that pretty much anytime, anywhere, for extended periods of time. A car running 300 rwhp with nitrous does so until the juice runs out.

Good times though Also, remember that for every one maxima that runs in the 12s, there are probably 20X's more domestics running 12s or better.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:30 PM
Blu
the tits

I never said i didnt believe him or doubt his times.
I just asked if the other cars were running NOS.
I doubt they were, but neither was Jim
Old 04-26-2004, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by MAX2000JP
Nitrous isn't there all the time. You cannot run out of the boost that a turbo/sc provides. A Turbo/SC car that dynos 300 rwhp, can duplicate that pretty much anytime, anywhere, for extended periods of time. A car running 300 rwhp with nitrous does so until the juice runs out.
I know that but my point is if you're running the 1/4 with Nitrous, does the elapse time not count because you're running against a car that is making/ or not making (NA) boost all of the time?
Old 04-26-2004, 01:42 PM

I know that but my point is if you're running the 1/4 with Nitrous, does the elapse time not count because you're running against a car that is making/ or not making (NA) boost all of the time?
A time counts as long as the measurement is consistent, so yes. Eventually, nitrous runs out, and that time won't be duplicated. Nitrous is a cheap and very simple way of running fast, but IMO it's a band aid.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by blubyu2k2
I doubt they were, but neither was Jim

HUH?
are we talking about the same thing?
Old 04-26-2004, 01:58 PM

the time counts, but the respect that goes with the time doesnt.

i hope i made my point clear enough without being harsh.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Z driver

the time counts, but the respect that goes with the time doesnt.

i hope i made my point clear enough without being harsh.
Respect and time go hand in hand. You CAN NOT have one with out the other. It does not matter what power adders you use to get there the time is done and the respect for that time is earned.

Who cares if the car is on nitrous and it eventually runs out? When you goto the track you make 10-15passes tops. He has enough nitrous to make all those runs with nitrous so the nitrous does not run out. The car is not raced or even driven hard on the street so repeating that performance is not only ilegal but undesired so that is not a valid arguement.

V8 guys say that turbo's are cheating, as well that we use them to emulate a larger motor (which is true, how else can you make 500hp on a 4 or 6 cylinder?) but we don't consider it to be because in the end the motor makes the power. Nitrous is exactly the same and in no way different, it makes the power the car does the time, period end of story.

If you say it's not there all the time, then you have obviously never owned a turbo car because you can not hit a turbo car all the time either or it will blow up. EGT become a real problem in a turbo car so it limits the amount of time and how oftin you can really hit it. If money is not a problem and you have enough bottles then nitrous is there just as much as turbo is. I have had both, and a few of each so I can speak from personal experience, which you can not.

Not only do you not have a turbo car, you don't have a nitrous car never mind a time slip anywhere remotely close to 12.1. This in and of its self makes your opinion pretty well worthless. Thats sort of like having a 4 year old tell you that your car isn't cool.

Fact: The car does 12.1 when ever Jime wants it to.
Fact: The time is repeatable over and over
Fact: It will do it as many times as he wants it to becase he has enough nitrous

"I hope i made my point clear enough without being harsh."

Old 04-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Sports Button FTW

wow, wow, and wow. I bet he thought u was gonna get sh!tted on, especially when he saw a female in a 4 door sedan . Thats amazing!

And its still boggles me how much of a gap less than a second difference makes. Off the line, u danced on his self-esteem.
Old 04-26-2004, 02:59 PM
VQ Wizard

HUH?
are we talking about the same thing?
Yeah Jime is pretty adamant about never putting NOS on his cars.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by DSMJim
Respect and time go hand in hand. You CAN NOT have one with out the other. It does not matter what power adders you use to get there the time is done and the respect for that time is earned.

Who cares if the car is on nitrous and it eventually runs out? When you goto the track you make 10-15passes tops. He has enough nitrous to make all those runs with nitrous so the nitrous does not run out. The car is not raced or even driven hard on the street so repeating that performance is not only ilegal but undesired so that is not a valid arguement.

V8 guys say that turbo's are cheating, as well that we use them to emulate a larger motor (which is true, how else can you make 500hp on a 4 or 6 cylinder?) but we don't consider it to be because in the end the motor makes the power. Nitrous is exactly the same and in no way different, it makes the power the car does the time, period end of story.

If you say it's not there all the time, then you have obviously never owned a turbo car because you can not hit a turbo car all the time either or it will blow up. EGT become a real problem in a turbo car so it limits the amount of time and how oftin you can really hit it. If money is not a problem and you have enough bottles then nitrous is there just as much as turbo is. I have had both, and a few of each so I can speak from personal experience, which you can not.

Not only do you not have a turbo car, you don't have a nitrous car never mind a time slip anywhere remotely close to 12.1. This in and of its self makes your opinion pretty well worthless. Thats sort of like having a 4 year old tell you that your car isn't cool.

Fact: The car does 12.1 when ever Jime wants it to.
Fact: The time is repeatable over and over
Fact: It will do it as many times as he wants it to becase he has enough nitrous

"I hope i made my point clear enough without being harsh."

so what ur saying is the other cars didnt run NOS?
Old 04-26-2004, 03:05 PM
VQ Wizard

I have no idea what the other cars had but I promise you Jime isn't using NOS.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:11 PM
Z driver

It's time trials, he was not racing anybody (he did go faster than a Firebird in the other lane) but that is totally irrelevant. It doesn't matter if it is a Jet in the lane beside him.

He used a power adder and did a fast time that’s all were talking about here. The fact that it's besides what is generally known as a muscle car makes it fun to watch (Family Sedan vs. Real Sports/Muscle Car) but still irrelevant. Who cares if the other car was running spray or not.

He did 12.1 with spray. The other car is a V8 and RWD and on slicks, he pulled 114mph which means he has HP. The video shows that he pulled a faster car out of the hole and beat it. 114mph is faster than 111mph and was impressive to watch a maxima do that, and funny to see what is known as a fast car be slow with a bad driver. The Firebird owner gave us respect as a lot of other guys who were running much faster. That time is impressive with that car no matter how you get it there.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by SR20DEN
I have no idea what the other cars had but I promise you Jime isn't using NOS.

I dont know Jime, i dont care to make this a personal attack on anyone.

The maxima in the video in this thread running 12.6 was running NOS.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Blu
the tits

more than likely, but as I said before Jime doesn't run "NOS" either
Old 04-26-2004, 03:16 PM
VQ Wizard

I bet you $10,000 that Jime, who ran 12.1, was NOT running NOS.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Z driver

Buddy were all here laughing at you because your saying he's running NOS. Well he is running NX not NOS. He is running Nitrous but that is not what your saying.

That is why people are responding like that are. Calling nitrous NOS is something that people who don't know what they are talking about do which is why your getting the responses you are. It's mostly in fun..

Oh and the Maxima in that video ran 12.37 not 12.6 you may want to get a thicker prescription.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:21 PM

It's time trials, he was not racing anybody (he did go faster than a Firebird in the other lane) but that is totally irrelevant. It doesn't matter if it is a Jet in the lane beside him.

He used a power adder and did a fast time that’s all were talking about here. The fact that it's besides what is generally known as a mussel car makes it fun to watch (Family Sedan vs. Real Sports/Mussel Car) but still irrelevant. Who cares if the other car was running spray or not.

He did 12.1 with spray. The other car is a V8 and RWD and on slicks, he pulled 114mph which means he has HP. The video shows that he pulled a faster car out of the hole and beat it. 114mph is faster than 111mph and was impressive to watch a maxima do that, and funny to see what is known as a fast car be slow with a bad driver. The Firebird owner gave us respect as a lot of other guys who were running much faster. That time is impressive with that car no matter how you get it there.
I guess i was refering the ppl in this thread saying nice "kill". Or maybe the thread title stressing the 12.9 domestic? If the other car wasnt relevant why was it mentioned in the thread title? Either way my question has been answered.

Sorry if i offended you.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:25 PM
VQ Wizard

Buddy were all here laughing at you because your saying he's running NOS. Well he is running NX not NOS. He is running Nitrous but that is not what your saying.

That is why people are responding like that are. Calling nitrous NOS is something that people who don't know what they are talking about do which is why your getting the responses you are. It's mostly in fun..

Oh and the Maxima in that video ran 12.37 not 12.6 you may want to get a thicker prescription.
Aww man... this was getting funnier each post. Why'd you clue him in?

Oh wait.... he still has no clue. I shall carry on.

Quick Reply: Video of a 12.9 sec domestic vs Jime