General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Remote Wire....how is Ur's wired?? If U have amps please read!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 08:13 PM

Does anyone have the remote wire they run to their amp(s) spliced with other wires? Like the power antenna, or neon lights, or any accessory.

I disconnected the power antenna wire, which the original installer of my CD player had wired to the remote wire, hence it came up when the CD player was turned on, now it never moves. This is ok, but I need a bit better reception when using the radio, so I was wondering a few things:

1. Where should I wire the power antenna so it raises only when the radio is turned on, not the CD player.

2. Is it safe to splice it in with the remote wire I have running directly to my amps,(it would be in the raised position regardless of if I am using the am/fm or the CD player), and is it safe for the amps to have it spliced this way.

3. Please explain briefly how yours is wired, if possible.
Any ideas welcome.

I ask these questions mainly for the purpose of not hurting my amps, but also in the interest of #1. above.

Thanks fellas, and ladies as well since I hear your making a name.
Old 03-22-2001, 09:37 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

Most remote wires from aftermarket radios can power both the remote turn on for amps and power antennae triggers...

You could leave it the way it was and put a switch in between the remote wire and the power antennae wire so you can control the antennae when you want it up (such as when you play the radio). That is how I had it in my other car before... Or you can buy a Sony which has separate amp and antennae wires already...
Old 03-22-2001, 10:18 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

You could switch it. Mine has a seperate wire for the antenna. But, to answer you question, my remote wire is spliced to turn on:
EQ
Fan
2 amps

So I think you could use it to switch your antenna, it doesnt actually power the ant...it just tells it when to go up.