General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

StEALIN tried to beat me!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Sports Button FTW

StEALIN tried to beat me!

OMG, so blatant its not even funny anymore.

for a week i have been looking for a 90 degree hose that fits from blower to supercharger pipe cause mine is ripped. Iansw told me that it is around 40 dollars and i was happy to get it at that price. I called them up yesterday and dude quotes me 75 dollars + shipping. Im like "oh heck no". I do a heavy search through websites, good friends on the org and closest hardware/parts stores. No one has what i need, atleast not in two different sizes. So i man up, open my wallet and bend over to take the rapage stillen is about to give to me. To my disbelief, a new guy is working the night shift or something cause he asks me if i received a price on the part that i was asking for. I sneakily tell him no and that i've heard it was around 40 dollars.

He does a check and tells me the price is 43 dollars! We are talking 32 dollar difference on a VERY rare but small piece. I cant believe companies do this, well this is the first time it happened to me. They overcharge me purposely for what? Very unfair. Just a heads up to beware. Although they are called Stealin for a reason, there are some items that shouldnt be so pricey and i recommend calling on two different shifts to get a REAL price cause some people there are out to beat us for our hard earned minimal cash.

BTW, i dont know who i spoke to last but whoever you are if i ever hear from u again, thanks for your honesty and i hope you dont get in trouble for doing the right thing
Old 05-11-2004, 04:45 PM
wat

If you have a good relationship with a company, you'll always be treated better. New customers always get the regular price (or higher in that case). I know a part store nearby that i usually goto, and they love to see me go there cause i tend to drop alot of $$ there, welll a month ago I go in there for a crate of Castrol GTX, the guy gives me the company discount. Thats why I stick to one store, might aswell goto the place you'll get good service.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:10 PM
Sports Button FTW

Originally Posted by BlueC
If you have a good relationship with a company, you'll always be treated better. New customers always get the regular price (or higher in that case). I know a part store nearby that i usually goto, and they love to see me go there cause i tend to drop alot of $$ there, welll a month ago I go in there for a crate of Castrol GTX, the guy gives me the company discount. Thats why I stick to one store, might aswell goto the place you'll get good service.

i didnt realize that. I never told the first guy i was from the org. Never told second guy either but he must have assumed. Mods delete this. I can understand now why stillen could have done that.
Old 05-11-2004, 05:25 PM

well either that or they work on individual commissions