General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Sprint/Koni with Stillen Aero Kit too low?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2001, 02:31 PM

would people scrape if they had this setup going over speedbumps?
would people scrape if they had a Eibach/Koni setup?

which setup is more comfortable?
which setup handles better?
what would the Maxima handle like if it had Koni's with factory springs?

jus wonderin
Old 03-26-2001, 06:27 PM
Ramius83

Well, to answer your question, I will say that you will come close to scrapping it, but I do not think you will. I have seen many many low-riders around here that are by far lower than any Max I have seen with a body-kit and they do not scrap. As for the different setups, I am going to invest into the Koni/H&R setup because it lowers the car and gives you pretty good performance, but it also offers the "closest to stock" ride out of any other setup. Some of the other setups (ie. Eibach/Tokico) are a little on the harsh side; you will feel "almost" every bump on a major highway with some setups. But the Koni/H&R setup should do just fine for "softness" in the ride. But do a search for "Springs" and see what somes up, this topic is ALWAYS talked about.

Old 03-26-2001, 06:34 PM

You will scrape. When I had my Intrax, I scraped, now with the ground controls, it scrapes more. The problem is that maximas have long overhangs. If you ever look at a BMW, the nose ends right in front of the front tires, so you can drop them really low and not scrape. On a Maxima, the front end sticks out so far that it scrapes more, it's an angle thing. Same with the rear, I scrape my exhaust tip sometimes.
Old 03-26-2001, 06:41 PM

Originally posted by Shadow
You will scrape. When I had my Intrax, I scraped, now with the ground controls, it scrapes more. The problem is that maximas have long overhangs. If you ever look at a BMW, the nose ends right in front of the front tires, so you can drop them really low and not scrape. On a Maxima, the front end sticks out so far that it scrapes more, it's an angle thing. Same with the rear, I scrape my exhaust tip sometimes.
OUCH! hate the sound of cars scraping
Old 03-26-2001, 07:05 PM

Kinda makes me rethink about putting that Stillen Lip on. I'm planning to slam the ever living F outta my car (gen 2 cattman coilovers :-)). That stillen lip might be trouble. Anybody interested in a brand new, non painted stillen lip?
Old 03-26-2001, 07:14 PM

How much for the lip? I'm hoping to put a custom front end on my car over the summer, but for now, my lip is cracked and I want a temporary replacement. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2001, 08:07 AM

Uh How much for the Lip?

Just wondering cuz I want one too
Old 03-27-2001, 09:14 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: Uh How much for the Lip?

You just have to be aware of where you are driving. My friends have 330's that are way lower than my car is they rarely scrape. You just need to be careful. You can't drive without paying attention like you may have done in the past.
Old 03-27-2001, 10:19 AM

I will probably put it up on ebay for auction, but anyway if you didnt notice, a Maxima has really long overhangs. The front and rear of our cars stick out really long! So thats why those civics and BMWs and other cars with very stubby overhangs in the front and rear can get away with slamming the ever living F outta their cars. I think somebody mentioned this already on either this thread or another thread.. its all about angles (read stuff about SUV/trucks when offroading and alot has to do with angles)
Old 03-27-2001, 11:02 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

You'd be surprised how many people bottom out on their stock setup.