General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

anyone tried to install leather covers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 08:40 AM

hey all:

there is this group deal going on for leather seat covers. they replace the cloth on the seats, door trim, headrest, etc. i looked over the instructions, but i am still unsure whether it is as simple as they show. does anyone have experience in doing this type of upholstering? or has anyone done it? i'm afraid i would get halfway through and not be able to do right, then i'd be stuck with one yellow sponge seat.....

also, if any of you have dealt with leatherseats.com (the ones doing the group deal) -- how is the leather, and fit/finish, etc.

also, any suggestions to the color scheme to go with? i have a sterling mist 99 se, with the charcoal cloth interior, tintied windows.... i remember back in the old maxima days, there was a black car, with beige interior, it looked really distinctive, the contrast between the beige panels and the black interior...

thanks all,

dfwmax
Old 03-29-2001, 01:03 PM

About halfway down this tread is a detailed description on the install. If you have any questions, e-mail me.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....074#post192074
Old 03-29-2001, 01:41 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

How much would it cost to have it professionally install?
Old 03-29-2001, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
How much would it cost to have it professionally install?
No idea, it never entered my mind. I would rather have the satisfaction of doing it myself plus I know it will be done right.
Old 03-29-2001, 02:47 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

True, I guess it's time for me to buy a hog ring plier. More tools in the tool box =).

Originally posted by sinewave

No idea, it never entered my mind. I would rather have the satisfaction of doing it myself plus I know it will be done right.
Old 03-30-2001, 02:49 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Kit install

If you get a kit and need help I could help.I have an upholstery shop in DFW Leather Trim Limited. For me to do all of it would cost $250 but if you did most of the work and got stuck I would be able to help and it would not cost much $30hr labor is what id charge. Only hard part I forsee is get door inserts to lay and look right. But Ive done about 100 max installs so its not a problem

Originally posted by DFWmax
hey all:

there is this group deal going on for leather seat covers. they replace the cloth on the seats, door trim, headrest, etc. i looked over the instructions, but i am still unsure whether it is as simple as they show. does anyone have experience in doing this type of upholstering? or has anyone done it? i'm afraid i would get halfway through and not be able to do right, then i'd be stuck with one yellow sponge seat.....

also, if any of you have dealt with leatherseats.com (the ones doing the group deal) -- how is the leather, and fit/finish, etc.

also, any suggestions to the color scheme to go with? i have a sterling mist 99 se, with the charcoal cloth interior, tintied windows.... i remember back in the old maxima days, there was a black car, with beige interior, it looked really distinctive, the contrast between the beige panels and the black interior...

thanks all,

dfwmax
Old 03-30-2001, 02:54 PM

hey madridproject:

thanks for the offer. i am still thinking about getting the leather. if i run into problems, i'll look you up. where is your store? i live in fort worth and work in dallas, it looks like you are in arlington...

dfwmax
Old 03-30-2001, 03:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

It off 820 & i-20 where ftworth and arlington meet. Sun Valley exit (817)572-4545

Originally posted by DFWmax
hey madridproject:

thanks for the offer. i am still thinking about getting the leather. if i run into problems, i'll look you up. where is your store? i live in fort worth and work in dallas, it looks like you are in arlington...

dfwmax