General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Appeal your speeding ticket: GREAT INFO on radar and how to win!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2001, 04:29 PM

Check out this link, its a million pages about how radar works and how to contest your speeding ticket due to laws of physics, etc. Really good, espeilly for all of you who keep getting nailed =)

http://jesbeard.com/29a.htm
Old 04-02-2001, 04:35 PM

also

also,http://jesbeard.com/29ab.htm
this guys website is pretty cool....
Old 04-02-2001, 08:51 PM

These links might have helped me a year and a half ago. ahhhh I got a ticket for doing 93 in a 75 in a POS slow 97 Taurus.
Old 04-02-2001, 09:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: also

Originally posted by Nick Robinson
also,http://jesbeard.com/29ab.htm
this guys website is pretty cool....

lol u posted the link twice

the best thing to do is hire a lawyer!!

/aac
Old 04-02-2001, 10:07 PM

you guys wanna know how to REALLY get out of a speeding ticket.....it's worked for me 4 out of 4 times.
Just ask for a jury trial....you are guarenteed by the US constitution to get one at NO CHARGE to you....and when you ask for one, most of the time, the traffic judge will just say...let's make a deal. Come on....who is going to give a jury trial to a speeder.
Old 04-03-2001, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
you guys wanna know how to REALLY get out of a speeding ticket.....it's worked for me 4 out of 4 times.
Just ask for a jury trial....you are guarenteed by the US constitution to get one at NO CHARGE to you....and when you ask for one, most of the time, the traffic judge will just say...let's make a deal. Come on....who is going to give a jury trial to a speeder.
Can you please explain a little more about this. do you still have to pay for court costs? is that all you do is just ask for a jury trial, and the ticket will get dropped.
thanks
Old 04-03-2001, 09:48 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
It must vary from state to state. The constitution guarantees a jury trial in criminal matters. Speeding is a civil matter unless it's aggravated. I doubt most states entitle speeders to jury trials if their speeding is not criminal.

/aac
Old 04-03-2001, 11:53 AM
OG

Good stuff Nick. My wife just got a speeding ticket today for going 60 in a 45. I read the info you provided and I just might be able to help her get out of it. Not to mention save my insurance from skyrocketing...
Old 04-03-2001, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by matt calder

Can you please explain a little more about this. do you still have to pay for court costs? is that all you do is just ask for a jury trial, and the ticket will get dropped.
thanks
It takes a little while to explain, but the basic just of it all is that you use a loophole in the law (jury trial for all "criminals" and yes speeding is considered a criminal offense in MOST states, you need to find out if it is in your state b4 you go and try something like this), and you shouldn't have to pay anything. I'm not saying the next ticket you get you try this. I've been studying law on the side for a long time now. You need to know EXACTLY what you're getting yourself into. You need to know what to say, what not to say, and how to say it. It would take much too much time to explain on this forum...and make my fingers hurt....if you are really interested, drop me an e-mail, and I see what I can do about explaining it all.
Old 04-03-2001, 03:41 PM

does anyone know of a link to information about beating a moving violation. I live in los angeles and received a ticket for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign!! If anyone can direct me I would appreciate it!
Old 04-03-2001, 05:32 PM

Re: Re: also

Originally posted by acitrano

lol u posted the link twice

the best thing to do is hire a lawyer!!

/aac

Those are 2 different links!