General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Lifetime allignment?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 04:05 PM
Ford Only.

Lifetime allignment?

anyone know of the company that offers a lifetime allignment? I was thinking it was Sears or something like that. I am sick of paying for an alligment 3x per year, I just want my car to be kept in spec so my tires wear nicely.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:17 PM

Merchant tire does 3 or 5 year ones if that helps
Old 07-25-2004, 04:18 PM
Ford Only.

Do you know if they have a website? I have never heard of them. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Firestone does. It's like $140 or 150 per car. You save $20 if you purchase it for 2 cars
Old 07-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Ford Only.

Do you have to buy your tires from them?
Old 07-25-2004, 04:39 PM
THT
Throbbing member

Nope. I have the Firestone lifetime alignment and I haven't bought my last three sets of tires from them.

~THT
Old 07-25-2004, 04:43 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Firestone. (I work there).

$139.99 for a lifetime alignment. I usually sell them for $120 though. It looks good on our #'s to sell lifetime's. You can also transfer it to another car for $25. It's a great way to go. Anytime you get any front end work, new tires, or suspension changed you need an alignment.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:44 PM
Ford Only.

That is good stuff, cause I like to shop and get good prices on good tires, usually big name outfits cant make the deals I can.

How much did you pay?

How many times have you had them allign it?

Do you usually leave with your wheels straight as can be?

I swear my place never can get the wheel straight as an arrow for me. I just paid $85 for all my tires to be balanced and the four wheel allignment on my 3rd gen (they cost more to do than 4th gens, cause of the IRS) and the thing still sways to the right.
Old 07-25-2004, 04:47 PM
Ford Only.

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD

$139.99 for a lifetime alignment. I usually sell them for $120 though. It looks good on our #'s to sell lifetime's. You can also transfer it to another car for $25. It's a great way to go. Anytime you get any front end work, new tires, or suspension changed you need an alignment.
Great, thanks for the info Mike.

Here is a question...say you have a control arm bushing bad, or some suspension problem that jacked your allignment up. You take it in and they tell you, then you get it fixed, do you pay for the allignment again? I have wondered how you guys can make money not charging for allignment. Especially with people like me that take their car in once every 1-2 months for allignment, and that is both cars.

BTW: Big O charges me $60 and only offer a 6 month or 6,000 mile warranty. I drive 3,000+ miles in one month.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:02 PM

I would bet that most people don't take it in NEARLY as much as you do (and I would and will once I get around to getting one )
Old 07-25-2004, 05:13 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I go to firestone for the lifetime allignment. It was nice when I had coilovers... everytime i changed the height i would take it there. Probably didnt have to every time, but I made good use out of it. Would recommend it since you will more than likely get at least 2 more alignments for the rest of the time you own the car.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:14 PM

Question...

Are there any limitations? I told my pops about this and he said it was too good to be true.

thanks

Andy
Old 07-25-2004, 06:22 PM

Dude, you just made my day. I was thinking that I was gonna have to dish out another 140 for the lifetime on the new car
Old 07-25-2004, 07:34 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

do they care if it's aftermarket suspension?
Old 07-25-2004, 07:41 PM

I have aftermarket and they haven't really mentioned/complained about it. I've taken it to a different store down by my school and they didn't mention it at all.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:01 PM
THT
Throbbing member

Careful though, some rims prevent proper alignment. I went in with my SSRs on and was told they couldn't do it because they didn't have the right attachment. Any validity to this, Mike?

~THT
Old 07-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Ford Only.

one more thing, can you use the lifetime allignment at any Firestone?
Old 07-25-2004, 08:27 PM
THT
Throbbing member

Yes. I've had my car aligned at two different ones at no charge.

~THT
Old 07-25-2004, 08:33 PM

There is no catch to it. Getting an alignment every month is overkill, there is really no need. but we would do it if you asked. Are they giving you guys copies of the alignment specs afterwards?

Dmontzmax-

There is no catch to this. Even if you had a control arm replaced at another shop or did it yourself, we will still align the car for free.

How we make money on this? For one, many people forget they have it or just don't use it. Two, it gets people to come back for their other car needs. Why go get front end work done esle where when the alignment is free with us. Why make two trips?

Any time we can get a car in the shop is a chance to make money. We don't lie, at least not at my store. There is too many real problems with cars to make stuff up. If we can get your car in the shop and look it over, most likely there something needs to be done, whether it's just a tranny flush, tires, something...

In the long run, more people will say yes to repairs, which will make us more money than we loose to pay the tech 1hr to do an alignment.

It's all about getting people to come back. Now the type of people that are here on the org are not the people we make money off of. It's those who don't have the time or the know how to work on their car.

And like I said before, it looks good for our store to sell as many lifetime's as possible.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:48 PM
Ford Only.

There is no catch to it. Getting an alignment every month is overkill, there is really no need. but we would do it if you asked. Are they giving you guys copies of the alignment specs afterwards?

Dmontzmax-

There is no catch to this. Even if you had a control arm replaced at another shop or did it yourself, we will still align the car for free.

How we make money on this? For one, many people forget they have it or just don't use it. Two, it gets people to come back for their other car needs. Why go get front end work done esle where when the alignment is free with us. Why make two trips?

Any time we can get a car in the shop is a chance to make money. We don't lie, at least not at my store. There is too many real problems with cars to make stuff up. If we can get your car in the shop and look it over, most likely there something needs to be done, whether it's just a tranny flush, tires, something...

In the long run, more people will say yes to repairs, which will make us more money than we loose to pay the tech 1hr to do an alignment.

It's all about getting people to come back. Now the type of people that are here on the org are not the people we make money off of. It's those who don't have the time or the know how to work on their car.

And like I said before, it looks good for our store to sell as many lifetime's as possible.

dang, too bad you didnt live in SoCal, I would make you my tire guy for all my vehicles and trailers you would get all my biz.

I think Firestone might be getting my business VERY soon, unless the owner at Big O wants to do the same thing with me, which I doubt.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:33 PM
The Definitive AE Master

discount tire also offers lifetime alignment.

I believe its about $120 and you can get it every 3000 miles
Old 07-25-2004, 09:49 PM
Ford Only.

Originally Posted by Larrio
discount tire also offers lifetime alignment.

I believe its about $120 and you can get it every 3000 miles
really? hmmm...decisions...decisions.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by THT
Careful though, some rims prevent proper alignment. I went in with my SSRs on and was told they couldn't do it because they didn't have the right attachment. Any validity to this, Mike?

~THT
Some. We can't do anything larger than 19's really, it streches the equipment and can scratch the rim. Some times we don't like to do expensive rims at all because we don't want to buy new ones if we scratch them. It's kind of a sticky situation. We want the business, but mounting 19" tires and rims is a PITA.
Old 07-25-2004, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by dmontzmax
one more thing, can you use the lifetime allignment at any Firestone?

Yes, 2200 locations
Old 07-25-2004, 10:30 PM
Custom User Title

I swear my place never can get the wheel straight as an arrow for me. I just paid $85 for all my tires to be balanced and the four wheel allignment on my 3rd gen (they cost more to do than 4th gens, cause of the IRS) and the thing still sways to the right.
I know how you feel bro, Everywhere I have taken my car to, they cannot get it right.. It kind of bothers me because I have no idea if my tires are wearing prematurely, or not. If feels that they are because my car also sways to the right slightly, and I have to keep nudging it back to the left to stay on the road..

BTW: Anyone have the TRUE alignment specs for the 4th gen? I took my car to Tires Plus, and the printout said the specs for both sides were the same, which I know is totally wrong!
Old 07-25-2004, 11:12 PM

You can also transfer it to another car for $25.
that makes me extremely happy now
Old 07-26-2004, 12:43 AM

do any of you guys know if theres any firestone in miami?
Old 07-26-2004, 12:59 AM

http://www.bridgestonetire.com/storelocator/index.asp
Old 07-26-2004, 03:03 AM

This lifetime alignment thing could come in handy for when I have to slalom deer at 70 mph and my car starts pulling into on coming traffic the rest of the drive home.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by ImStockBaby
I know how you feel bro, Everywhere I have taken my car to, they cannot get it right.. It kind of bothers me because I have no idea if my tires are wearing prematurely, or not. If feels that they are because my car also sways to the right slightly, and I have to keep nudging it back to the left to stay on the road..

BTW: Anyone have the TRUE alignment specs for the 4th gen? I took my car to Tires Plus, and the printout said the specs for both sides were the same, which I know is totally wrong!
Why would they be different?
Old 07-26-2004, 04:52 AM
Kevlo for President

The Firestone in my town told me they don't offer lifetime alighnment anymore, if I bought the lifetime alignment from another towns firestone, would my Firestone still do it?
Old 07-26-2004, 08:06 AM

How can i sign up or pay for the life time alignment?

I'm very interested since i'm about to drop my baby.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by kevlo911
The Firestone in my town told me they don't offer lifetime alighnment anymore, if I bought the lifetime alignment from another towns firestone, would my Firestone still do it?

Make sure these are company stores. There are some independent ones out there. if it's a "Bob's Firestone" then it's not a company store. Any company store should honor it. I will inquire within to findout if some regions differ, but they really shouldn't.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by MaximaPolak
How can i sign up or pay for the life time alignment?

I'm very interested since i'm about to drop my baby.

Just drop by your local Firestone and ask.

You should also get a certificate so that you have proof of your purchase when going to another store. The stores are not linked to each other as far as customer history
Old 07-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Custom User Title

Why would they be different?
Because roads arent perfectly flat right? I dont know, I maybe wrong here, but if each side had the same specs, wouldn't that make the car pull to one side or the other?
Old 07-26-2004, 12:52 PM

anyone know of the company that offers a lifetime allignment? I was thinking it was Sears or something like that. I am sick of paying for an alligment 3x per year, I just want my car to be kept in spec so my tires wear nicely.

Firestone has it..they also mean lifetime. My buddy has it and he hit a curb bent his rim. He took it to firestone and they fixed the rim and the alignment for free.

They also charged him $800 for tuneup, inspection and alignment. So im not really recommending them, just letting you know who has the lifetime alignment.
Old 07-26-2004, 02:41 PM

Another company that does a year alignment is brake check. I think that they do alignments for about 49.99 and year for 99.99
Old 07-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Da Roller Coaster!

I've had a lifetime alignment with Firestone for over 3 years now. I've been through 3 sets of tires and 3 sets of rims. There were never any questions asked about it. In fact, I just had to give my name and number and they looked me up at any of the service centers. I've taken my car to 2 different service centers for alignment checks.

Oh I've also gottan Eibach springs and KYB shocks and struts while having the lifetime alignment. I put those on and took it over to Firestone. They aligned it with no questions asked. In fact, they were unable to align it properly due to the Eibach springs. They offered to install longer bolts to make adjustments necessary to get it in alignment for free!

I would highly suggest Firestone for a lifetime alignment.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:27 PM

I have to get into this, between swapping suspensions and all the potholes here in the city they drive my suspension to hell. This doesnt sound like too bad of a deal.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by VQvroom
Firestone has it..they also mean lifetime. My buddy has it and he hit a curb bent his rim. He took it to firestone and they fixed the rim and the alignment for free.

They also charged him $800 for tuneup, inspection and alignment. So im not really recommending them, just letting you know who has the lifetime alignment.

I will be the first to say that Firestone is not the cheapest place to get work done. We charge $78 hr labor, it's hard to find a place that charges more than that. What you do get is a really good warrenty that will be honored anywhere in the country. We have almost double the locations of our nearest competitor. We also have the best training progam compared to any other aftermarket service center. We pay our techs to get ASE certified.

Quick Reply: Lifetime allignment?