General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Alarms

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 09:31 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Alarms

Not sure if this is the right place to post it? .....

But I wanted to get opinions on alarms. Within the next two weeks or so I'll be picking up a 2002 Maxima and I live in Jersey City. I'd like any bit of confidence I can have that those headlights are not going to be removed and that no one is going to come close (or at least stay close) to the car to attempt to get them anyway. So I was looking into alarms. My main concerns with people screwing with the car will be in situations like when I go food shopping and the car is in the parking lot or I go to the movies, etc, etc. I won't be leaving it on the street at my place and I won't be leaving it in a commuter lot. If the car is left alone, I won't be all that far away (but probably not within eyesight or earshot) So I was looking at the Clifford Matrix and the Viper Responder... both with that cool remote that warns when your car is screwed with and when the alarm is going off along with a bunch of other stuff. Anyone have any personal experience with either alarm or know anyone with personal experience? I'm looking for whatever opinions anyone might have (or even a link to another thread considering the search is down

TIA!
Old 07-30-2004, 01:59 PM

I have the viper responder and to tell you the truth, the range of the pager isnt too great since buildings and walls ect will block the signal so if your alarm goes off and your not too close by or inside a large building, it wont page you. On the other hand, its perfect at home or if your parked on the street at someones house and it will alert you so you can come out running with a baseball bat