General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

got hit tonite....TWICE(long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2000, 10:18 PM
Turtle turtle... Moderator

not a good day for the Max. got hit twice today, both times not my fault either. Stupid *** drivers! **** me off
Was going to get gas before school, this big ol Buick RoadMaster was in front of me, all of a sudden it stopped in the middle of the street right after the gas station. I started to pull into the gas station and the dude started to reverse in, he was bout to hit my front left side and i started hooking and i even yelled at him. WAAAABAMMMM!!! heard this loud crunch noise. I was thinking dammm its bad its bad. But when i got out it wasnt TOO bad. Front left fender, door, bent sway bar, maybe bent lower control arm. They already admitted guilt but i wanted to get a witness in case they change their story. They kept saying its ok juss have a Mechanic check it out, no big deal. I said im a mechanic and all of a sudden they got scared. Anyways. sucks...

2nd incident...
was in Oakland signaling left to pull into a shop. Friend in INtegra was following me. Stupid lady in a Mazada wasnt paying attention and smashed right into friend's Integra and he ran into me. Messed up the rear bumper a bit but friend's Integra was all fuked. Quater panels, cracked body kit, hood latch, hood, headlights and others are smashed. The lady was really scared and couldnt speak English. But she was chinese so spoke to her in Chinese. All of us got a lil bit of whiplash and my friend in Integra(passenger) hurt his knees cause it hit the dashboard from the impact.....thats all for now, im pissed
Maybe i can get a full kit and new paint job now...heeh
Later
Old 09-26-2000, 12:21 AM

That sucks man

Hopefully the insurance makes up for it...

does your <fill in body part> hurt? :>

Tho, thats kinda scummy, depends how they treated you. I know the ppl that hit my lil bro were drunk as hell.. id sue like a mf. :>
Old 09-26-2000, 12:50 AM

i bet u thinkin' ta ma de.. hehe. sheesh man. i hope everything is ok. what may feel like a minor whiplash now could be somethin' big in the future. man.. sux.. i think what your friend's knee hit is called the knee crusher. that metal beam that your knee is "suppose" to get crushed by (someone told me and i was like yeh rite) but the explainations was so you dont' get electricuted by all the electricals under there. i believe it.. man.. sou still gonna make it to the meet? seems like a ji bah yeah for alotta ppl.
Old 09-26-2000, 01:05 AM

All i wanna do is take care of all this. I have 2 court cases to deal with, and then now these 2 accidents. Then i still got school everyday when im off school i gotta work and listen to Angry Explorer owners yell at me. How fun
i may dump the Max another one or another car. i duno

yea im still gonna go to the meet, prolly with extra damages showing.
Old 09-26-2000, 01:08 AM

dump the max?? or another? i dont' get what you mean.is the car still drivable tho? since the control arm is bent. man... sheesh.
Old 09-26-2000, 04:28 AM
Permanent Maxima.org Resident

I feel for ya TMax.. n/m

Old 09-26-2000, 09:11 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Aiya! Tamada!

two times, eh? uhohs. .well you know how the saying goes in chinese: Bad luck comes in twos..

hopefully ur turbo wasn't damaged, eh?

heh. :P

about the integra.. *ouch* i knew there was a problem if ppl were sitting in the front, that dash board is made weird.. not enuf knee room... hopefully ur all ok.

*sniff sniff* i smell suit? do u?
Old 09-26-2000, 09:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Dang...I feel for you Matthel...I've been involved in 3 accidents with my car & none of them were my fault...One of them was a hit & run, too. All together, my insurance has shelled out over 20K in repair costs. I hope the info. I sent you is helpful. Drive safely man.
Old 09-26-2000, 09:38 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

Sorry to hear Matthel... stupid California drivers!
Old 09-26-2000, 09:47 AM

Naturally, this stuff happens a few days before a meet. Go figure.

Old 09-26-2000, 10:07 AM

That's bad Turbo. Hope everything works out for you....

Old 09-26-2000, 11:08 AM

heeh
thanks guys

the Lady in the Mazada wants to give cash for my damages and damages to friend's Integra. Friend said he would settle for 5k and i would settle for 1k. She said too much. dam, is my insurance gonna go up?? call them up and report 2 accidents...crap, dunno what to do...
Old 09-26-2000, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by Turbo95Max
heeh
thanks guys

the Lady in the Mazada wants to give cash for my damages and damages to friend's Integra. Friend said he would settle for 5k and i would settle for 1k. She said too much. dam, is my insurance gonna go up?? call them up and report 2 accidents...crap, dunno what to do...

The insurance shouldnt go up if it wasnt your fault, nothing you could do about it in either case. Just to make you feel better, a friend of mine had a 96 altima, he got nailed in the *** when waiting at a stop sign.. he went to her insurance, now he's driving a 99 acura 3.0 something? Few weeks later with the new car, he gets side swiped, not his fault again, goes to insurance.. now he might be getting a 2001 Acura 3.2 CL S-type or whatever, man those are nice cars. (He was in my max once and loved it though) My point is... Dont suffer for others mistakes, they f'd up your car, now make them pay for it.