General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Max no more?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 05:51 PM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Max no more?

I may be leaving the realm of Max entusiasts. Just got into a collision for the first time in my life with 6 great years with my baby and it was horrid, for me at least. The green Civic that I hit only had traces of the shady paint job I got on my Skyline front end, yet my baby is crippled now. I now see the evil in going cheap and getting a fiberglass bumper. It was a 2-5 mph collision yet my Skyline front end is crushed in, Trenz grille is distorted, and I cannot completely close my hood, yet his Civic only has scratches. I shed some tears for my baby that morning, but, the Lord has His ways, 6 great years with her, then less than 6 months after I get the Skyline front end, Wham! Its no more, guess its His way of telling me it was crap. I wanted to fight the guys insurers but my insurers bowed down and said they would pay for it since I hit him, makes me want to go out and slam on my breaks to get hit, ahhh, the world we live in. Well, hopefully my baby stays up till December, she is fine until I hit 60-70, then she shakes more than usuall, other than that she is fine. Well, December I am off to Iraq, barly any bills and the pay is all tax free so hopefully I find a nice 05 Altima SE-R when I get back. If not, I will be back here with an 02-03 SE Max. Either way, its been great and I hope to continue hearing from you all, even though most of you dont know me, I will be cruisin ether the Max.org or Altima.org forums. Only thing im wondering about now is my CAI, it is about to rain here so I am about to rearange it, but, with my hood cocked open i think it will take in water as well. Ahh, the drama, but, life will go on. Its been great all, thanks! See ya next year hopefully.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Sorry to hear about your car, but one accident in 6 years is a very good record. I hope you enjoy your Altima as much as you did the Maxima, and I'm glad you see the light in urethane bumpers now!
-Cyrus
Old 08-29-2004, 05:01 PM

good luck in Iraq... (just got back myself in march) you stationed at Ft. sam?? you must be a med-****... hehe j/p. sorry to hear about your max. once again good luck!