General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Melted Harness : Stock watted bulbs???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2001, 10:26 PM

i run the eurolights ... they are 45/65 w
ive been using them for 8 months now and nothin was wrong till 2 days ago...

can someone plz tell me why this happened

and how would i fix this can i just buy a 9004 socket from what you guys call pepboys ...
Old 04-14-2001, 07:17 AM

try buying an APC Upgrade Harness that wouldn't happen again.
Old 04-14-2001, 09:56 AM

I've posted info about this a A LONG time ago ... and a couple of times too!

The EUROLITES are POOR Quality Bulbs ... Don't use KOREAN Bulbs PERIOD!!!

I keep Defending PIAA and RAYBRIG, WHY?? Cuz they will NEVER cause any damage ... Unless U're using OVERWATTAGE of course!

YES ... U pay MORE for them ... BUT ... if ya got a MELTED Harness or Damaged Wires ... its gonna cost EVEN MORE!

THIS APPLIES to "PHILIPS BLUE VISION" as well ... they are KOREAN Made as well!!! KOREAN/CHINA made bulbs = BAD

AS for a SOLUTION:

U can buy the OEM Harness Set off your Dealership for about $14.00 and Install it yourself ... DO NOT get the SERVICE to do it ... they will charge you $150 + !!! SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Or U can get the APC Harness and OVERWATT till the Cows come home!

Originally posted by tunedup
i run the eurolights ... they are 45/65 w
ive been using them for 8 months now and nothin was wrong till 2 days ago...

can someone plz tell me why this happened

and how would i fix this can i just buy a 9004 socket from what you guys call pepboys ...
Old 04-19-2001, 08:20 AM

Originally posted by Empz

I keep Defending PIAA and RAYBRIG, WHY?? Cuz they will NEVER cause any damage ... Unless U're using OVERWATTAGE of course!

YES ... U pay MORE for them ... BUT ... if ya got a MELTED Harness or Damaged Wires ... its gonna cost EVEN MORE!

THIS APPLIES to "PHILIPS BLUE VISION" as well ... they are KOREAN Made as well!!! KOREAN/CHINA made bulbs = BAD

What about Polarg? Are these reliable? I was all set to buy Eurolites and now I'm balking... I would rather spend a little more money on bulbs rather than a huge chunk on replacing the wiring harness. Polargs cost more, but I see more people post messages saying they use them as opposed to Eurolites.
Old 04-19-2001, 10:21 AM

First I had hiper industires 85w bulbs and needless to say that smoked my harnesses in a hurry. Then I replaced the harnesses and put in 55w eurolites and to my surprise a few weeks later they did the same thing. I replaced the harnesses again and now im using stock bulbs until I get the upgrade harness.
Old 04-19-2001, 12:12 PM

Polarg is good for the "Little" Accessory bulbs last forever!

Their Headlight and Fogligh Bulbs don't last too long ... about 3-4 months! Good color and WON'T Damage your Harness!

Originally posted by Gary95

What about Polarg? Are these reliable? I was all set to buy Eurolites and now I'm balking... I would rather spend a little more money on bulbs rather than a huge chunk on replacing the wiring harness. Polargs cost more, but I see more people post messages saying they use them as opposed to Eurolites.
Old 04-19-2001, 01:10 PM

Uh...no >>

Originally posted by Empz

THIS APPLIES to "PHILIPS BLUE VISION" as well ... they are KOREAN Made as well!!!
I'm afraid your wrong about the Bluevisions. If they were of poor quality, they wouldn't have been certified for use by the DOT and SAE. Same goes for the Sylvania CoolBlues.
Old 04-19-2001, 02:12 PM

Re: Uh...no >>

I have a set of 9004 in front of me (took them out of my Pathfinder and Put Piaa's in)

Yes they are DOT and SAE, but the Build Quality is still Poor. The set I had, a Part of the Lens Went WHITE from Inside (looks Burnt) in 1 week.

And YES I am VERY Careful with installing Bulbs, plus I wipe them with Rubbing Alcohol!

Originally posted by Albertt

I'm afraid your wrong about the Bluevisions. If they were of poor quality, they wouldn't have been certified for use by the DOT and SAE. Same goes for the Sylvania CoolBlues.