General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ECU and UDP Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 09:40 AM

Just curious. But with an ECU modification using 93+ octaine is recommended for fuel consumption. But, will you gain better or worse gas milage with this application?? Also having a UDP, in conjuction with the ECU upgrade, will also allow your vehicle to gain more Lows to Mids, supposingly. But will this also allow you to gain more Highs???

Please post some feedback on this issue, because I'm intersted in getting the ECU upgraded.
And I need some recommondations on the best ECU programmers for 95 Maximas. I know of JWT. But there are others and who is the best and reliable one to trust. Thanks
Old 04-18-2001, 11:34 AM

I just got the G-Force ECU. Love it. Haven't noticed any change in gas mileage (supposed to use premium anyway). The timing is advanced (different mappings) from 3000-3500 rpm's and up. You definitly feel more power, but the best thing I felt about it was that the engine was much smoother, more like stock (I felt the engine got a lot 'rougher' after adding the CAI). It pulls much smoother throughout the entire range, and if not hammering it, the CAI doesn't make as much sound. Small difference through 2nd gear, but when you hit third, you really feel it, the power is right there, no hesitation. For more info on the G-Force ECU go to www.maximadriver.com there's plenty of info on it there.
As for the underdrive pulleys, should give you a little more on the bottom end (most noticable on 5spds), off the line. I think the biggest difference is the engine reving with more ease. Don't know too much more than that, I'm planning on putting one on after I'm done w/ my clutch (which I've been waiting on for the past few months ).