General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

T.V's and DVD's

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2001, 02:00 PM

O.k here's why im posting this I have two kids 5 and 1 and they live a good hour away from me so I was thinking of goin with two LCD's and a DVD player....the one screen would be right at radio level and the other maybe hanging from the passenger visor (not sure tho) where they can view with ease....Im just curious on how much a setup like this will cost....any input would be appreciated......
Old 04-20-2001, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Traditionally it would cost you over $2000

if you follow what CKNY has done.. you can make it under $700 and thats with a computer

private message him.. he might help you hook something up sweet

Originally posted by RICOiz704
O.k here's why im posting this I have two kids 5 and 1 and they live a good hour away from me so I was thinking of goin with two LCD's and a DVD player....the one screen would be right at radio level and the other maybe hanging from the passenger visor (not sure tho) where they can view with ease....Im just curious on how much a setup like this will cost....any input would be appreciated......
Old 04-20-2001, 09:59 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by RICOiz704
Depends how involved with this you want to get. If you are somewhat creative and handy and can do the work yourself, you can find a good 5.6" lcd on ebay for a little over $200 and a 4" extra one for $99. That's a little over $300. Forget a "mobile dvd player" that sheet's a rip off, just get a $30 inverter and a cheapo $99 dvd player from your local circuit city or whatever. Now you're at let's say $450 after all's saud and done. This is of course if you want to do the work yourself. I highly recommend you do. It's not that hard, plenty of people would be happy to help you, i'd be more than willing to help you every step of the way... because if you take it anywhere to have it professionally done forget it, you're looking at over $1k.

Good Luck,
Old 04-20-2001, 10:06 PM

Originally posted by SprintMax
Traditionally it would cost you over $2000

if you follow what CKNY has done.. you can make it under $700 and thats with a computer

private message him.. he might help you hook something up sweet

Or if you follow what I've done, you can make it under $7000 ...

Old 04-23-2001, 06:41 AM

I just wanted to thank everyone for their response and I wanted to state that I never really done anything extensive as far as electrical work to my vehicle but this seems like a task that I might take on...Im looking to do this mid to end of June....I guess If I can run a studio build up from scratch I guess I could due this install also....but when the time nears I'll definitely look you all up...by the way CKNY I added u to my buddylist so I might be i.m'n u in a month or so....thanks and good lookin out

ONE
Old 04-23-2001, 06:53 AM

FINALLY! A BUDDY!!! haha no seriously, just holler if you need anything.
Old 04-23-2001, 07:15 AM
Disco Biscuit

For DVD, instead of buying an indash Player, get a PLaystation 2. It's got built DVD player, its $299 and you can also play games. Kill 2 birds with one stone. www.partsexpress.com has a 5" screen with headrest housing and headphone jacks for $299. Nat a bad deal at all.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...=205-550&Did=7
Old 04-24-2001, 05:33 AM

Originally posted by Whitemax
For DVD, instead of buying an indash Player, get a PLaystation 2. It's got built DVD player, its $299 and you can also play games. Kill 2 birds with one stone. www.partsexpress.com has a 5" screen with headrest housing and headphone jacks for $299. Nat a bad deal at all.
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshow...=205-550&Did=7
You can find plenty of mobile authority 5.6" lcd's for $200-$225 on ebay.

I agree with the ps2 idea though...
Old 04-24-2001, 05:43 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Damn..

I have like 3 rolls of undeveloped pics from Maxima meets, I have many shots of "Jose" Max, with 2 TVs in the headrests, flip out mirror thingy, I think he has playstation too..... I don't know how much he spent on all of it though, but I suppose it was professionally done, it's frekin' dope...

450$, not too bad.. My car doesn't deserve TVs.. Once I get my 4th gen (if I ever) I'll pimp it out with TVs fa sho! CKNY, I'll be contacting you in the next 6 months
Old 04-24-2001, 08:27 PM

can't wait to hear from you nyce BTW - tv's are soooooo pimp haha. you'll love it. =) I can't wait for the next big max meet... if my car is in decent shape I'll show up.