General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My proposal to Chebosto --->

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2000, 06:09 PM

As many of you might know, our fellow member Cheston worked very hard to get UPRD to tune the ECU for Maximas, and the result is a stunning 30hp gain at the wheels on Clayton dyno. Unfortunately, not many people showed the interstes. Cheston was not too happy about that fact, so I suggested maybe a solid 30FWHP again on an independent dynojet will give people the confidence to purchase. For some reason my opinion seemed to **** him off, even though I was merely make a suggestion and I was not the only one ask for a dynojet either.

I feel no need for pissing contest or flame or anything. Therefore here is my proposal to you, Cheston, let's see if the 30FWHP gain on the in-house Clayton machine will be as valid on a dynojet as well:
I'll get a 95-96 Maxima here in NY, the owner will get a spare chip from junkyeard or wherever and sent to UPRD for reprograming. Once we get it back, we will put his car on a dynojet, get 3 runs and take the average, then put the UPRD chip in, and get 3 runs on the same dynojet and take the average, if the chipped average shows a 30FWHP gain, I will pay back the owner for all his cost and give you $450 toward the purchase of your chip once it's available. If it doesn't add 30hp to the wheels, you reimburse the owner for all his cost, and you put $450 to my Papal account.
Fair??? You and me both have something to gain or loss, and the volunteer gets free chipping with a spare ECU to sell.

That should be a real way to see how much you yourself believe it really adds 30FWHP, shall we?

Old 10-04-2000, 06:26 PM
Vic

i'll volunteer *raises hands* =)

but shouldn't we give it a little standard deviation from the 30hp woodear? how about +/- 5 from it?
Vic
Old 10-04-2000, 06:29 PM

Let me throw this in.........

I don't understand how people act on this board somethimes(this is not really a flame). All I hear is **** moan **** moan....no perf parts. NOW....we get parts....and there suddenly is no interest. For christ sakes people this ecu is CHEAPER than I would have to pay for the JWT unit for my 93. Now we get a mod and everybody says great....but I dunno about the clayton dyno. B.S. !!!!

Anyway....just like everyone always says "how come fstb are not standard on my car...blah blah blah". THEN....nissan starts putting them on their cars and people pipe in "oh...I hope thats not a cheap way a streghting the frame". Well...ofcourse it is you moron! Take a stiff BMW...add a brace...make it stiffer. PERIOD. They added the bar to the altima in the 2000 model year refresh. THEY WOULDN'T HAVE PLAYED WITH THE FRAME DURING A REFRESH ANYWAY. Why not just make it stronger. Sorry...just had to vent

Mike S.
Old 10-04-2000, 06:37 PM

My response to you Woodear

Chris, I sent you a response to your earlier challenge in the UPRD thread.

I said if you're willing to pay for a dyno session, I'll gladly take it to an "independent" DynoJet shop and have it done.

Now I'm not interested in your condescending "bets" to try to "prove" how open minded your approach is. Frankly I think your remarks reflect greatly on your negative and demeaning tone.

If you're so interested in objective results, then pitch in and stop making such childish antagonistic gestures towards Cheston or anybody else. But if you're not willing to do something as constructive as what Cheston, I, and others like us have been doing, then I suggest you stop your heckling while there are still a few people left that respect your opinions on this board.

Anyway, I made you an offer to send me the $75 via PayPal to help defray the mounting costs that I and Cheston and others like us endure to bring such new mods to this community, and the best you're able to do in return is post crap like that. I think that speaks volumes.

As far as I'm concerned, you'd do this board a favor by just staying out of it.

--Nabil
Old 10-04-2000, 06:42 PM

Let the games begin..
Old 10-04-2000, 06:47 PM

Re: Let me throw this in.........

Originally posted by Mike S.
I don't understand how people act on this board somethimes(this is not really a flame). All I hear is **** moan **** moan....no perf parts. NOW....we get parts....and there suddenly is no interest. For christ sakes people this ecu is CHEAPER than I would have to pay for the JWT unit for my 93. Now we get a mod and everybody says great....but I dunno about the clayton dyno. B.S. !!!!
I'd just like to say that no one here has to buy one of these damn things. Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of this "you guys have to buy one and support us" attitude. Yes, I appreciate the work on getting new performance parts, but what do you want from us? If you don't want the risk of not having people buy them, then don't do it. There's no guarantees.

Now, I don't know cheston, but I would tend to trust him. But the numbers do sound a little too good. Tie in the fact that we have no idea how this will work on my car with more emissions controls, I'd have to find an older ECU to swap in, and I never got an answer to my question about the return policy, and you can probably see why myself, and probably many others here, are not exactly jumping in line. And I suspect many others, like myself, don't really want to be one of the first group to try this. I'd rather see someone run with it for a few months and then make up my mind.

So the upshot is, it's nice to see parts on the market, but I seriously hope that Cheston didn't tell them there'd be a huge market or anything... I'd love to have the option of an ECU, but I don't think I'm ready to buy right now, especially with winter coming up, though I'd probably be interesting come spring. And please don't get offended, I appreciate the effort, I just don't like having a guilt trip laid on me to try and get me to buy something.
Old 10-04-2000, 07:08 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

Hey Chris--

It seems to me that you're one of those people that always has to play some kind of game where you have to be the center of attention. You like to be the one who always has to showoff. Well, lemme tell you something, i don't play your childish games.

Look, you said you wanted an "independant" dyno test, cool. Just give Nabil the cash, and he'll go out and do it. He's got his baseline dyno from May, and we'll compare his new readings to that. I will not stoop low enough to please you in what you call "a challenge."

Oooohh.. big deal, you can throw $800 around nothing. That doesn't mean anything to me. You're missing the whole point here man, i'm tryin' to get an ECU for our Maximas (not yours, cuz you dont have one). IF you can't see the clayton dynos that were posted by nabil has solid proof of good gains, then fine, disreguard them.

This group deal shouldn't have to suffer because one lone sour apple, who doesn't even own a Maxima anymore, likes to brag and moan. I'll give you, and the rest of the BBS the new dyno results when i get them.

i think in the mean time, you need to take some ritalin and just clam down.

Woa juedin nee whay ho wha nee shou da wha.
Old 10-04-2000, 07:18 PM

Deathwish......

Yea I guess I came off being a little too pushy. Yea, I can understand that 400 is alot to come up with. I guess that sometimes there are like 400 posts saying We need this that and everything. Then these guys work hard after JWT ****ing us around and now nobody steps up.

Oh well.

Mike S.
Old 10-04-2000, 07:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Hey Chris--

Originally posted by Chebosto
It seems to me that you're one of those people that always has to play some kind of game where you have to be the center of attention. You like to be the one who always has to showoff. Well, lemme tell you something, i don't play your childish games.
cheston.. u missing one detail.. woodear had a maxima.. key word had.. so ur pretty much wasting bandwith replying to him.. unless ur making a ecu for a gs400 its not gonna matter to him what ur ecu does for a maxima..
Old 10-04-2000, 07:20 PM

Re: My response to you Woodear

1) Initially I was only making a suggestion that maybe an independent dynojet test will get him some buyers.

2) I was n't the only one made such an suggestion, Shing did too.

3) Cheston said fine you want dynojet I will do dynojet no biggie, everything was cool until then.

4) Somehow He all of sudden came back with a pissed off post, called my name with words like **** and **** all over in it. Again I remind you that I was NOT the only one asked for dyno.

5) So fine, let's put the money where our mouths are like he wanted to.

6) Why do I need to pay for your dyno??? I think I gained 50hp from my exhaust on the M roadster, you will have to take my words for it unless you pay for my dyno to show I didn't???

7) People will get on dynojet, don't you worry. The volunteer who takes upon the bet offer will have 6 runs on dynoject, on the expense of the loser in this bet, either me or Cheston. I think that's the fair way, loser pays.

8) It's really simple, if you don't believe it really added 30hp then we should be on the same side. If you do believe it adds 30hp, then take upon my bet and make some money.

Old 10-04-2000, 07:32 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

you still don't get it do you? I'm not going to play your lame game chris.

i don't have to prove anything. Nabil and I already did, with the clayton. it's YOU that has a problem with the readout.

besides, the dynojet will read HIGHER anyway due to the "no load" characteristics of the Dynojet vs Clayton.
aiya. tamada. i'm just wasting my time with you anyway...

Old 10-04-2000, 07:35 PM

Re: Hey Chris--

>>> It seems to me that you're one of those people that always has to play some kind of game where you have to be the center of attention.

Hmm, nope.
You were absolutely the center of attention for setting up the dealer. Then you again became the center of attention by posting publicly how pissed off you are cuz people ain't buying.

>>> You like to be the one who always has to showoff. Well, lemme tell you something, i don't play your childish games.

I really have nothing to show off.
It's quite simple, you claim it gains 30FWHP on Clayton, and you claim Clayton is just as accurate as Dynojet. So I suggest to find out if you are right, why is it a game???

>>> Look, you said you wanted an "independant" dyno test, cool. Just give Nabil the cash, and he'll go out and do it.

Suppose I pay for his dyno, and he doesn't gain 30FWHP. What's up? What do I gain?

>>> I will not stoop low enough to please you in what you call "a challenge."

Sure, but you are lowly enuff to come back and call my name with cursing words in it just because I suggest a dynojet run even though I was not the only one suggested so.

>>> Oooohh.. big deal, you can throw $800 around nothing.

Ok, so you can't throw $800. But you can go around and claiming a 30FWHP gain but refuse to prove it???

>>> That doesn't mean anything to me. You're missing the whole point here man, i'm tryin' to get an ECU for our Maximas (not yours, cuz you dont have one).

To be honest?
Listen man, I said it's mighty nice of you to pull a deal together. I said I think people appreciated that. However I do think the gain you claim is a lil high, *AND* I am NOT the only one thinking so. I was not the only one suggested a dyno run either! I dunno why you came back pissed off just to call *my* name *only*. I only posted a challenge to you because you called my name, and I hate to turn this into a non-sense pissing contest, that's why I say we just shut the hell up and put the money where our mouths are.

>>> IF you can't see the clayton dynos that were posted by nabil has solid proof of good gains, then fine, disreguard them.

No, I did see. I believe it gained. But the question is whether it translate to 30FWHP on a dynojet as well.

>>> This group deal shouldn't have to suffer because one lone sour apple, who doesn't even own a Maxima anymore, likes to brag and moan. I'll give you, and the rest of the BBS the new dyno results when i get them.

Don't trip.
It's not because of me that people ain't interested in your dealer. I suggested dyno AFTER you *****ed about only 2 showed interests. So don't talk outta your a$$.

>>> i think in the mean time, you need to take some ritalin and just clam down.

Hmm, I wasn't the one came onto BBS and called someone's name and posted stuff with "$hit" allover in it.

>>> Woa juedin nee whay ho wha nee shou da wha.

Sorry, say it in English, no clue what you are saying.
Old 10-04-2000, 07:37 PM

Re: Re: Hey Chris--

Originally posted by Phil96SE
cheston.. u missing one detail.. woodear had a maxima.. key word had.. so ur pretty much wasting bandwith replying to him.. unless ur making a ecu for a gs400 its not gonna matter to him what ur ecu does for a maxima.. [/I][/QUOTE]

Nah, of course it matters.
If his ECU gains 30FWHP like he claimed, my wallet is gonna be $1000 lighter. So it matters
Old 10-04-2000, 07:39 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Re: Hey Chris--

Originally posted by WoodEar
Nah, of course it matters.
If his ECU gains 30FWHP like he claimed, my wallet is gonna be $1000 lighter. So it matters [/I]
rotflmao.. oh in that case.. the ecu sucks hahah pssttt chris send me 10% hahahahahaha
Old 10-05-2000, 05:26 AM

Clayton vs Dynojet...

Aren't these two dynhos a bit different? I thought I remembered reading(in SCC, I think) that the figures would be higher on one vs the other(can't remember which) because the test methods are slightly different.

So yeah, a dynojet can be as accurate as a Clayton, but I don't think they'd show the same hp gain figure. But hey, if a BMW 5 series can make a 35hp gain with a JET ECU, why can't a Max get close to that?
Old 10-05-2000, 06:11 AM

arg

the thing for me is, i really cant afford to put that kinda cash into my max right now - im sure alot of ppl cant do that either.... cmon now im just a poor college kid right phoolio??? =) ECU sounds like a safe bet to get gains , how many gains - --- who knows ???? ----- chris just wants to find out - he's also helpin ppl make a decision when he did this cuz now assuming that it is 30hp or more than you have 2 dyno's that gave you the accurate #, i can understand where Nabil and Cheston get upset cuz they did the dyno and all of this other PITA time to get it done...... so if nabil wants to do another dyno why not let him do it , if he makes 30 + - hp then im sure chris wont mind paying, but if you dont make 30 + - hp then maybe Nabil should pay ----- thats just my half assed reasoning there though so do what ya like

" What sounds simple in theory is hard as a mother****er" example Getting a Fat lady to leave a buffet!!!!!

Old 10-05-2000, 07:52 AM

Re: arg

Originally posted by Stillnmax
the thing for me is, i really cant afford to put that kinda cash into my max right now - im sure alot of ppl cant do that either.... cmon now im just a poor college kid right phoolio??? =) ECU sounds like a safe bet to get gains , how many gains - --- who knows ???? ----- chris just wants to find out - he's also helpin ppl make a decision when he did this cuz now assuming that it is 30hp or more than you have 2 dyno's that gave you the accurate #, i can understand where Nabil and Cheston get upset cuz they did the dyno and all of this other PITA time to get it done...... so if nabil wants to do another dyno why not let him do it , if he makes 30 + - hp then im sure chris wont mind paying, but if you dont make 30 + - hp then maybe Nabil should pay ----- thats just my half assed reasoning there though so do what ya like

" What sounds simple in theory is hard as a mother****er" example Getting a Fat lady to leave a buffet!!!!!

I'm reposting this here in case any of you have missed it:

I've scanned the second UPRD Dyno chart. This one shows the my first baseline run vs my 2 UPRD ECU runs.

This shows even the greater differences that I've been talking about since the first chart did not have my 2nd UPRD ECU run on it.
Notice the delta of ~30hp difference between the red and the blue curves at around 4500 & 5000RPMs.

http://63.204.172.66/maxima/uprd%202.jpg

And below, I'm including the URL to the first chart, just for the heck of it.

http://63.204.172.66/maxima/uprd%201.jpg

--Nabil
Old 10-05-2000, 09:26 AM
The missing moderator

Re: Re: arg

Originally posted by Nabil
Originally posted by Stillnmax

I'm reposting this here in case any of you have missed it:

I've scanned the second UPRD Dyno chart. This one shows the my first baseline run vs my 2 UPRD ECU runs.

This shows even the greater differences that I've been talking about since the first chart did not have my 2nd UPRD ECU run on it.
Notice the delta of ~30hp difference between the red and the blue curves at around 4500 & 5000RPMs.

http://63.204.172.66/maxima/uprd%202.jpg

And below, I'm including the URL to the first chart, just for the heck of it.

http://63.204.172.66/maxima/uprd%201.jpg

--Nabil
It's interesting... the peak HP has been moved down in the RPM range...
Old 10-05-2000, 09:40 AM

i'm just wasting my time with you anyway...

[/I][/QUOTE]

More true words have never been written. Just take the high road and bow out of this one Cheston & Nabil. This can go no where constructive. We all see and know what's going on here - its happened a thousand times before. Nabil, you summed things up very articulately and very well in your post. You are dead on with every word, and everyone here on this board knows it. By continuing to reply, Cheston, we'll just end up with a thread that's 8 pages long and a bunch of refreshes from everybody following it - which is exactly what Jamie has asked us not to do. There's no need for anybody to accept any "bets" to determine whether or not you were using a rigged dyno. We all appreciate your work, accept that and let this thread die. Everybody. Please.