General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Weak!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 11:34 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Even with the cai and y-pipe, I still think my car isn't fast enough. Having an auto doesn't help either. Although, even if I have a 5spd., I doubt it would make a big difference. Today, when I was heading home from school, I got to play with this truck. He was behind me as we approach an on-ramp. When we got to the top to merge in, he cut across the median to get into the other lane. About a second later, I punch it too and cut in front of him. I slam on the gas and went WOT. He was right on my tail. I soon pulled away from him, but I was disappointed that I didn't pulled away front him quickly. The truck was a Ford F150, not sure if it's a V8 model. Anyway, this got me thinking. I need more power! Looking back at the mods that I put on this car, I should have just save up and buy a supercharger instead. Having my heavy 18s and sub box in the trunk doesn't help too. Those two items slow me down enough I think. I think I should just save up for a supercharger. I don't think I'll go nitrous though. Although it's cheaper than the supercharger, there are a few factors about it I don't like. With the supercharger, the power is always there. I don't have to arm the system like the nitrous, worry about bottle temperature and pressure, having to get refills, etc. I guess I'm just venting here about the lack of power. Do any of you feel the same way? Wish that your Maxima has more power? Even with mods such as a cai and y-pipe, I think my Maxima is still slow. Maybe, I'm asking too much? I'm not saying like all I want is power. If that's the truth, I would probably got a V8 Mustang or Camaro. I normally like my Maxima very much, but sometimes I just wish that it had a bit more power. Maybe having a stock supercharger option such as the GTP would be really nice. Again, any of you sometimes feel this way too? My agenda now is to get an Apexi WS exhaust, Don's VB mod, and mabye an ECU(not sure if it's worth it though). After that, no more add ons until I have enough money to get the supercharger. Sorry, just feeling a bit down today.
Old 04-26-2001, 01:13 PM

I know how you fell, i have had some trucks/vans stay with me till i start hitting high rpm band and hitting high speeds. We are stuck with autos so there is one reason. This will give you a good reason to get more mods. hehe. I just like to spray and go. I also have sold majority of my stereo do drop some weight. My rims dont help either. Want them? hehe. I am into the drag racing scene now.
Old 04-26-2001, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Old 04-26-2001, 01:32 PM

You know you will be doin the same thign Sprnt. hehe.