General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How many times have you been pulled over in the Max?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Hooooooonda.....

^I can vouch for the "excessive" noise, his **** is loud.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:07 PM

How many times? 2
What generation do you have? 2004 SE
Any Cosmetic Mods? Grille, g35 spoiler
Any Performance Mods that would be considered noise pollution? Y-pipe
What was the charge? 1st - Speeding: 95-55. 2 weeks after getting max. Was following and undercover cop from NY-NJ at high speeds. Got reduced to 64/55 paid 80$ fine.
2nd - Speeding: 65/40. Went to court got dismissed. Honestly was not speeding.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by DAVE Sz
^I can vouch for the "excessive" noise, his **** is loud.
Thank you sir
Old 02-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Bigger than Jesus

3 times
5.5 gen
Rims, 20%tint, 00 SE tails, DDE's
Ypipe, catback
1st and 2nd time was for a tinted rear license plate cover. Got off with warnings. 3rd time was for driving with fog lights on, turn signal blinks to white, and illegal tint. Got nailed with a $237 ticket for the tint. Just warnings on the other two.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by SE01
Before I was a LEO I got pulled over once when I was 16. Now I do the pulling over.

If two cars are speeding, one is a car with tinted windows, loud fart muffler, and whatever else, the other is a minivan, you tell me what you think is going to get pulled.

Kids with aftermarket muffers always ask, "Why do cops always target us." Take a wild guess. If a LEO can hear your car inside his car, that is not a good thing. It is not only annoying, it is illegal. This not only goes for imports, but all cars.

Tinted windows are also a target. We don't know why your windows are tinted or what you have behind them. Usually if it is late at night and cop sees a car drive by with tinted windows, your going to get pulled over, questions, and possibly stuck with a fine, espically if you have a loud muffler. In CT, it is a $136 fine for illegally tinted windows.

If your car is loud, it is a target. If an officer cannot see the driver inside your car, you are a target. If you are speeding, you are a target and the rest is common sense.

Thanks for the insight.....hopefully my newly 15% tinted windows won't cause me that much trouble. I have to say though, the reason behind my tint is to secure my sheit. Theves are my biggest pet peeve, and I work to hard for what I have, but I do see your point.

p
Old 02-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Way out West

How many times? Zero
What generation do you have? Third
Any Cosmetic Mods? Gunmetal Wheels, fake HID bulbs, blue (hyperwhite) corner lights
Any Performance Mods that would be considered noise pollution? Intake, Stereo
What was the charge? None yet.

Luckily I know about 1/2 the cops in my town. I have the only red Maxima probably within 75 miles, so they know it's me. I drive a little fast, but usually only in spots where I know that cops can't hide. I am sure I will get nailed for something, eventually. I do always go slow in school zones and such. Once I had a kid of my own, I slow down around town. I have been waiting for a cop I don't know to ticket me for the blue corner bulbs, but the stock ones don't look right with the fake HID headlights.

I was caught going 100+ in a 55 driving my first Max (VE 5-speed) but luckily I knew the state cop that pulled me over and I told him I was late for work. I thought he was going to give me a ticket anyway, but he just laughed and told me to slow down.

I have been pulled over at least a dozen times in my life, but only have one ticket on my record -- a BS photo radar ticket going 36 in a 25 zone. The judge dropped the ticket down to $30 because 20 or so drivers came into court to contest the location of the van. He said something like, "technically, you all were in the wrong, but I think the officer was going out of his way to catch you."
Old 02-02-2005, 01:19 AM

I got pulled over 4 times with in three hours but no tickets.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:57 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
Thanks for the insight.....hopefully my newly 15% tinted windows won't cause me that much trouble. I have to say though, the reason behind my tint is to secure my sheit. Theves are my biggest pet peeve, and I work to hard for what I have, but I do see your point.

p
That is the reason why most people tint thier windows. Still, officers still see dark windows as sort of a "threat" because you can't see who's in the front if they are darker than 20%.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:17 PM
99 SE-L

I got pulled over once in my old 99SEL pearl white 20% tint all the way around and Dc clears wiht bright A$$ bulbs.I got pulled over for 55 in a 25 i was shaking in the car when cop took my license and regist becuase iam 16 and my isnurance would of skyrocketed even more, but cop was nice said im giving you a warning you can kill someone one of these days i said sorry and went on.

Old 02-10-2005, 02:28 PM

Close calls, but as yet zero, primarily because I don't put myself in harm's way much; always try to make sure that there is at least one other person going faster than you. If you can hold back in a pack then you're not the first one seen, and you're not likely to get nabbed.

The best way to get pulled over is drive as if there are no cops. I am on the highway a lot (70 limit) and am consistently surprised at the number of people who'll cruise at 85-90 by themselves, seemingly oblivious to the fact that if they pass a state trooper they will get nailed. Troopers can typically get only one car, so in a pack of several the front car is likely to be the lucky one. Also, troopers hide in particular spots, like at the end of tree lines, underneath overpasses, etc.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:54 PM

I finally got pulled over for last week..

Yeah yeah yeah, I bet all of you are saying HAHAHA he got pulled over for his front window tint...

WELL NO!!!!!!!!!! I DIDNT!!!!! LOL I got an expired tag, he didnt even notice the windows.. O_O
Old 02-10-2005, 03:03 PM

my old 3rd gen, ( first car) first week i had it, a cop pulled me over to tell me to put my paper plate in my back window cause it looked like it was going to rain? yea, sure.
i got a warning for tints, twice. now my gf has it and she never had a cop stop her for tints, i guess they like to pick on guys more than ladies.
i got my 4th gen, a couple months alter, they caught me speeding, 7 miles over the speed limit. i hate lake county indiana.