General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

How many times have you been pulled over in the Max?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 08:05 PM
Play with my balls

How many times have you been pulled over in the Max?

How many times?
What generation do you have?
Any Cosmetic Mods?
Any Performance Mods that would be considered noise pollution?
What was the charge?

Once for me.
5.5 Gen
not yet, tint in the morning.
Cattman Catback, that's it.
Speeding, but he was nice enough to let me go, and his shift was ending soon on a Sunday afternoon. Thanked him, promised to slow down and went on my way.

Just wanted to get an idea of what type of attention you attract, and is it from making yourself very noticable by your driving habits, or is it from the asthetic mods on your car?

Maybe a few Law Enforcement Officers will be able to chime in. I'd like to hear what they have to say they look for.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:09 PM
VIP Maxima

just once. ran a stop sign and got $121 shoved up my a$$

Old 01-28-2005, 08:11 PM

-zero
-turd gen
-nada
-Nope
-No charge

I've only had people with gray hairs give me compliments on the car.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:12 PM

In the couple months I've had my car, I haven't gotten pulled over. Yes, I speed. My car is dark green, no exhaust mods or intake so my car is quiet. I think it's all about being smart. Even if you speed, by driving and reacting to police skillfully, attention can be shifted quite easily...
Old 01-28-2005, 08:16 PM

5 times - never ticketed
91 burgundy se
stock appearance -foglights -dual tip stock muffler, now have 2in dia magnaflow with a normal looking tip, not big and crome and ricey

cheap autozone y-pipe, has better flow than stock because it doesnt route the rear manifold forward and around a tight bend like stock, no cat, pretty loud intake

no charge
Old 01-28-2005, 08:27 PM
Play with my balls

Originally Posted by ScreamingVE
-zero
-turd gen
-nada
-Nope
-No charge

I've only had people with gray hairs give me compliments on the car.

This might be the safest way to go.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

7 times in 7.5 years. (none in the past 4 years)

1 speeding ticket 100+ 1997 no mods
1 speeding ticket 49 in 35 1998 no mods
1 missing front plate ticket 1999 no mods
1 speeding ticket 95 in 70 1999 no mods
1 speeding 50 in 25 won in court 2001 lowered, wheels, intake
2 speeding warning 2000, 2001 lowered, wheels, intake
all in my 97 max.

yeah i was pretty lame before for speeding, luckily i didn't hurt anyone.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:52 PM

I haven't been pulled over yet (knock on wood). My Maxima is starting to look fairly conspicuous (lowered on 19" rims, etc), so I guess it is just a matter of time before I'll get nailed (not to mention the fact that I do drive a little fast sometimes)
Old 01-28-2005, 08:53 PM

15 to 20 times
4th gen
Other than a drop, carbon fiber hood, dual exhaust and gunmetal sawblades... nope no real cosmetic mods
Exhaust is pretty loud...
I've been pulled over for everything from speeding (got clocked doing 120 on the Belt Parkway once) about 4 times, tint about a dozen times (I have 5% all around except the front passengers side windows, they are 10%) and about another 3 or 4 times for running red lights...

Originally Posted by Deckdout2
Maybe a few Law Enforcement Officers will be able to chime in. I'd like to hear what they have to say they look for.
Okay where should I start?

First off, aggressive driving... thats probably the biggest tell tale... it doesnt matter what type of car you drive. Ghetto rigged cars like beat up Civics with very loud exhausts that yell please look at me are another. Other than that its common sense.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Ant96GLE
Wow, I've had my max for 2 years.. I've been pulled over about 15 to 20 times... I just got pulled over last night.
I thought you were 5.ohnoes!?

How many times?
What generation do you have?
4DSC
Any Cosmetic Mods?
nope
Any Performance Mods that would be considered noise pollution?
Intake and full exhaust
What was the charge?
Old 01-28-2005, 08:55 PM

3 in 6 months... all TICKETED by my CHP.
really bad spill for me at the time... wasnt thinking
stupid mistakes on my part which i wont discuss unless your a background investigator.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:56 PM

I have 2002, tint, lowered, intake, y-pipe, greddy cat-back, rims, bodykit, clear corners, aftermarket stereo, tv, and a ps2. Knock on wood, I have yet to be pulled over... I hope I don't regret making this post! lol.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:04 PM
wat

4 times. One for speeding (60 in a 50, state trooper was nice to me, so I give him credit for being respectful other than being a d!ck like most cops around here concerning my age), twice for "no front plate" (never costed me anything, fix it ticket), then once for speeding/misc (never got me on the radar, was a mile back, noticed me going by cars fast, he just laughed and said slow down).
Old 01-28-2005, 10:24 PM
† ErV †

all on speeding.

3 actual tickets.

1 on record.

me > your local pd.

Old 01-28-2005, 10:31 PM
2060lbs and falling...

Seven in the past 2.5 years. I feel we certainly have the advantage of being in these cars. Cops really don't suspect people to be doing bad things in these. Its even more rediculous with my buddy(M44droptop). He has a Bimmer and has a very similar driving style yet he has never been pulled over. My car used to be more ricey but now its becoming a stealthy cop magnet. Still has loud exhaust but it terminates in the middle of the b-pipe so the eye magnet factor is minimalized besides the rims. No more hyper whites or Gaytezza's for me either. I feel those are the largest magnet besides hanging a weed plant out the window or tossing out beer bottles.

Speeding excess. 136MPH in a 55 zone. Cop wrote it down like I was doing 88. I had my temps.

Failure to yeild on left turn. That was an expensive one but got me some nice front end paint. LOL.

Suspuscious look during homecoming. Warning.

Driving without lights. Also during homecoming. Warning.

Opperating over center line. Totally stupid. Fought and won.

Too fast for conditions. It was totally dry and at least 60 degrees. I was unaware those were "conditions." I'm currently fighting that one.

Operating while suspended. Fighting that one too.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:34 AM

In the 2 years I had my Maxima, ive been pulled over 25 times.

Ticketed for tints: x4 (my last tints ticket was 1/24/04 costed me $54+ $2 convenience fee)
Ticketed for speeding: x1 (83 in a 55)
Ticketed for careless driving x1
Ticketed for cellphone x1
Ticketed for littering x1
Ticketed for other non point things x3426732167
Pulled over (for whatever) and let go x12 (estimate)
Arrested x1

1997 SE 4th gen. Rosewood.
w. Tints, DC clears, red/clears, low drop . . no performance mods whatsoever.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:53 AM

I used to get pulled over all the time when my friend first became a cop. Other than that, Never.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:34 AM

3 times in 3 years for speeding in my 02. 2 warnings and 1 ticket. No mods other than window tint.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:40 AM

Got caught in a speed trap 75<65 on I-57 through middle of illinois going 110 but managed to slam on the breaks and get 'er down to 91 before the piggies nabbed me. Faught the ticket in court, judge droppped the charges and slapped me a 150$ fine. If i was going any faster then 92.5 i would have been towed and impounded with a reclesss driving and speeding ticket.
Old 01-29-2005, 05:50 AM
Kevlo for President

1 Time in a brand new Mazda6s with paper tag.
State trooper pulled me over and gave me a BS ticket that said I was going 87 in a 70. He said a helicopter coaught me.

Maxima - zero.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:20 AM

i get pulled over about 10 times a year and that as many times i drive my car a year.

my car is all stock!
Old 01-29-2005, 06:21 AM

i once had a cop do a broken u-turn to stop me cause he saw me coming the opposite dirrection!
Old 01-29-2005, 06:40 AM
SLOW

5 times
4th gen
Just lowering, tint and wheels.
Exhaust but they don't give tickets for mods here.
Tint the first time, removed that. Then 3 times for an expired tag within a WEEK. Tag expired end of january, got pulled over 3 times because of it before I was able to get to the Secretary of State to get a new one. First one I got a ticket, $110 second guy the next day let me go, 3rd guy gave me another ticket, $110. First one I could understand, but the second ticket I thought was just excessive. I explained to him I was working 8-5 at the time, and the secretary of state is open 8-5, thus there's no way in the 4 days since I got the ticket I could have gotten a new tag. I even showed him the ticket that I had just recieved 5 days earlier! The other time was for "excessive screeching of tires" in Dupage Co, Illinois. Was in a line of maxs at a stoplight (we were coming back or going to the track). We all got on it and unfortunately my tires squeal louder than everyone elses, and I got nabbed. He threatened me with drag racing. I advised him I can't be drag racing if there is no one next to me to race (which there wasn't). So I got a $75 tire squealing ticket. Lame.
Old 01-29-2005, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
5 times
4th gen
Tint the first time, removed that. Then 3 times for an expired tag within a WEEK. Tag expired end of january, got pulled over 3 times because of it before I was able to get to the Secretary of State to get a new one. First one I got a ticket, $110 second guy the next day let me go, 3rd guy gave me another ticket, $110. First one I could understand, but the second ticket I thought was just excessive. I explained to him I was working 8-5 at the time, and the secretary of state is open 8-5, thus there's no way in the 4 days since I got the ticket I could have gotten a new tag. I even showed him the ticket that I had just recieved 5 days earlier! The other time was for "excessive screeching of tires" in Dupage Co, Illinois. Was in a line of maxs at a stoplight (we were coming back or going to the track). We all got on it and unfortunately my tires squeal louder than everyone elses, and I got nabbed. He threatened me with drag racing. I advised him I can't be drag racing if there is no one next to me to race (which there wasn't). So I got a $75 tire squealing ticket. Lame.
I like how you "advised" him that he was wrong...very funny. I'm surprized that didn't make him even more mad.
OT like a ****: 98MikeXimaSE, that sig is very funny, but also very cruel...
Old 01-29-2005, 07:08 AM

Only one time for me.
5th Gen
H&R springs, 18's, stillen kit, 35%
Pulled for the tints w/ 3 other business appropriate dress on our way to golf.
Maybe my y-pipe/ injen, but thats only loud @ WOT, but that's it.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:01 AM

Twice for me
4th Gen
Gen. 2 Altezzas, Gunmetal stock 5-spokes, clear corners
stock exhaust then
first time 41 in a 25, late for work at 11pm, let me go with a warning
second time 72 in 55, county mounty let me go because i was "a very honest young man." it didnt hurt that my girlfriend was in the pass. seat showing some cleavage.

Originally Posted by Broaner
Too fast for conditions. It was totally dry and at least 60 degrees. I was unaware those were "conditions." I'm currently fighting that one.
i watched u get pulled for that one. if u need any assistance let me know
Old 01-29-2005, 08:23 AM

I only got 1 in my Max. 76 in a 55. Coming back from the Cowboys Giants game earlier this month on 95 just back in CT and it turned to 55 and I didn't even notice. Trooper pulls out follows me (no lights on) then pulls me over and says why did you make me chase you. I was pissed. But I have been pulled over in my dads Lincoln LS for 85 in a 65. My Jeep 3 times. Speeding, Once because they wanted to measure my tires because they thought they were too wide, and once because they thought it was too high off the ground. And 3 times in my first truck for speeding running a red light and too loud of an exhaust... Every ticket I fought. And the only one I didn't get completely off of was my first speeding ticket. And the one on the way back from the game is still going on.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:35 AM
THT
Throbbing member

Twice (escaped the third) in my 4th gen.

Mods: DCCC, Nokya Stage II Arctic White headlights w/ 9007 conversion, lowered on H&Rs, 20% tint all around, full exhaust capped with a GReddy SP2 (loud and aggressive), SSR GT1 rims

The first time was in IL. I got caught doing 87 in a 65 by a state trooper. The second time, I took a 270 degree turn waaaaay too fast (was playing with my suspension and new rubber). Cop pulls me over and I explain to him my brakes went out so I had to use the e-brake to stop. "Look officer, my CEL is on. It came on when I entered the turn and that's when I lost my brakes." He let me go.

~THT
Old 01-29-2005, 08:40 AM
Minister of Silly Walks

Several times. But none of them have been due to the way my car looks or sounds.
Old 01-29-2005, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
5 times
4th gen
You don't have the mail option where you live? I can renew my tags by mail if I feel like paying an extra dollar for postage. I live close to the tag office so I do it in person.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:03 AM

Pulled over 4 times 2 tickets for speeding
4th Gen
Bumper clears fog lights red/clears
cat-back exhaust and my system
i got the 2 tickets in the same week $104 for both tickets for 10 over
Old 01-29-2005, 09:53 AM
U wanna try me young boy?

My 96se has stock appearance (just clear corners and orgy stickers in the rear quarterlights)

Mods are MEVI, Budget Y, K&N filter, FTSB, new h/u on stock speakers, clear corners and leatherseats.com seats. Nothing major, just tweaking the bits that needed help.

Never been pulled over in the max.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:04 AM

4th Gen
3 times (Once speeding,Once headlight out, once tail lights out (fuse))
Gen1:Tezzies,CC,
Missed court date for speeding Slapped with $500 but got away with making a public service short film to cover the bill. (gotta fininsh it up)
Old 01-29-2005, 11:28 AM

4th gen
Only cosmetic mod is 35% tint, no loud performance mods.

Pulled over once. No ticket, and he never exactly said why he pulled me, so I'm not sure. He did look at the front of the car before he walked away though, so maybe he thought I didn't have a front plate..
Old 01-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Play with my balls

looks like excessive speeding has alot to do with people being pulled here. the cosmetic mods doesn't seem like it's causing too much trouble. maybe a little here or there.

i thought my times pulled was high, but a few of you here i can see has surpassed me by a long shot.

thanks for all the responses, keep them coming.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:35 AM
brotherhood of tq

i've been pulled a few times( i think 5-7 times)
4th gen
some mods
1 for doing 10 over the limit on the parkways which was a trap ticket
and some times for tint
i also got a few warnings
Old 01-29-2005, 11:43 AM

None (so far, *knock on wood*)
4th Gen
Lowered, clear corners, gen 2 altezzas, hids, rear tint, .org sticker , thats about it.
No performance mods
Charge= $0
Old 01-29-2005, 12:04 PM
6yrs old=36,500 miles :)

Once, I was getting my then 8 month pregnant wife home because she was having some false contractions. The cop didn't even care and wrote me a $125 ticket. I was doing 43 in a 35mph zone. ***hole!!!!!
Old 01-29-2005, 01:14 PM

I haven't been pulled over yet...I try not to give them a reason.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by harmbone2k2
Once, I was getting my then 8 month pregnant wife home because she was having some false contractions. The cop didn't even care and wrote me a $125 ticket. I was doing 43 in a 35mph zone. ***hole!!!!!
thats messed up, did you try and fight it in court?

Quick Reply: How many times have you been pulled over in the Max?