General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

'91 Max SE Vs Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 07:19 PM

Coming home from work...I see this semi-riced out civic turning in front of me. My eyes get big. I wait for my turn to go and by the time I get going, they are no where to be see. I get to the next major intersection, when look who is it, the black Civic. I look over. 17" or 18" rims, new muffler, not a coffee can, but definately not stock. I glance inside, indiglo gauges. Behind the rims I see painted calipers and drums. I roll back a little to check the badging, stripped badges with red 'H' on the back. I pull up again and ask the driver and passenger 'Si?'
'No no. Just an EX. That a V6?'
'Yep'
'(laughs) Okay nevermind, goodbye.'
'0h, cmon'

WE both wait for the light. I have the light timed out right and i start to left off clutch and mash gas pedal...turn arrow. Damn! I let off and press the brake right as we turn green. He gets a decent launch compared to my crap launch. He stays with me till about 4K rpms in first when i put a nose lead on him. Shift into 2nd, more of the same. By third gear he at least 3 car lengths behind. Mid way through 3rd he flashes his brights in defeat. I slow down to talk to him. He finally catches up and I look over and say 'at least yours looks better' they got a kick out of that.

This Civic wasnt too riced out. It looked good. The rims werent heavy chrome rims...some kind of racing rims. Exhaust was all I could see that was modified. It was also a 5speed.
Old 04-28-2001, 12:32 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Civic SI doesn't have drums in the back. It has disc brakes all around.

ZuM

Originally posted by Jeff91SE
Coming home from work...I see this semi-riced out civic turning in front of me. My eyes get big. I wait for my turn to go and by the time I get going, they are no where to be see. I get to the next major intersection, when look who is it, the black Civic. I look over. 17" or 18" rims, new muffler, not a coffee can, but definately not stock. I glance inside, indiglo gauges. Behind the rims I see painted calipers and drums. I roll back a little to check the badging, stripped badges with red 'H' on the back. I pull up again and ask the driver and passenger 'Si?'
'No no. Just an EX. That a V6?'
'Yep'
'(laughs) Okay nevermind, goodbye.'
'0h, cmon'

WE both wait for the light. I have the light timed out right and i start to left off clutch and mash gas pedal...turn arrow. Damn! I let off and press the brake right as we turn green. He gets a decent launch compared to my crap launch. He stays with me till about 4K rpms in first when i put a nose lead on him. Shift into 2nd, more of the same. By third gear he at least 3 car lengths behind. Mid way through 3rd he flashes his brights in defeat. I slow down to talk to him. He finally catches up and I look over and say 'at least yours looks better' they got a kick out of that.

This Civic wasnt too riced out. It looked good. The rims werent heavy chrome rims...some kind of racing rims. Exhaust was all I could see that was modified. It was also a 5speed.