General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

For those who have neon lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2001, 11:16 PM

I have a question for anyone who has neon/black lights installed in their car.
I know someone here has those lights in the foot rests area of the car, but I can't remember the name! :P

What is the exact name of the lights? How much is a good price for them? Size and was the install difficult?

This question is perticularly for that one member here who has this installed, too bad I don't rememebr his nickname. I like the dark blue coloue it gives off, and I want to run it with a swich, so I can control if they are on, or off.

Thank you in advance
Old 04-30-2001, 07:17 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

You mean these?

Old 04-30-2001, 07:18 AM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

And this...

Old 04-30-2001, 08:50 AM

hmm

I wonder how sweet it would look to have black mats with "Maxima" written in white on them underneith the black light.
Old 04-30-2001, 12:05 PM

Re: And this...

Originally posted by Y2KevSE
Yep, that's what I am talking about!
Gimmi some more info on them. What kind of light, how much, size? installation? colour?

Thank you
Old 04-30-2001, 12:46 PM

i have neon blue ones. the brand is street glow, and one is 15" the other is 10", but mine arent hooked up to a switch so i cant help u there, sorry.
Old 04-30-2001, 03:10 PM

Originally posted by SkyMax Jr.
i have neon blue ones. the brand is street glow, and one is 15" the other is 10", but mine arent hooked up to a switch so i cant help u there, sorry.
Street Glow, hmmm, where did you get them, and how much were they? - if it's not a secret.

Are they NEON lights or BLACK lights? or is it all the same.

I have dark mats with White MAXIMA letters on them, that should glow in the dark

I love your lights setup, looks sweet, that's what I want.
It's not too bright or annoying, is it?
Old 04-30-2001, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by Riot^

Street Glow, hmmm, where did you get them, and how much were they? - if it's not a secret.

Are they NEON lights or BLACK lights? or is it all the same.

I have dark mats with White MAXIMA letters on them, that should glow in the dark

I love your lights setup, looks sweet, that's what I want.
It's not too bright or annoying, is it?
Thanks a lot man.
no its not annoying at all, punkdork also has the same setup, but his lights go on when u open the doors...i think, and his are red.

black lights are different than what i have, me and punkdork both have neons. heres a post that i explained this all in before:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ighlight=neons
Old 04-30-2001, 08:30 PM

Thanks a lot man.
no its not annoying at all, punkdork also has the same setup, but his lights go on when u open the doors...i think, and his are red.

black lights are different than what i have, me and punkdork both have neons. heres a post that i explained this all in before:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ighlight=neons
Thank you very much, I think this is my next mod!
Just one more thing, how bright are they? are they noticable from outside? or just pretty dim, so when you get into the car, they look sweet at night? I don't want them too bright!
Old 04-30-2001, 08:59 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey punkdork.

How'd you wire it so that your neons turn on when you open the door? Which wire you tap into?

punkdork also has the same setup, but his lights go on when u open the doors...i think, and his are red.
Old 04-30-2001, 09:03 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

I have black lights and black light sensitive floormats on both sides of the car. You can find black lights at http://www.autofreak.net

It doesn't matter which brand you get, just get the cheapest one. I bought mine from Hong Kong and they were VERY cheap, but black lights should usually cost you $30-$60 depending on how big they are. Installation was simple, clip on to the edge of the seat and hook them up to a cig lighter adapter.
Old 04-30-2001, 09:18 PM

What's the differemce between the Neon and Black Lights?
Old 04-30-2001, 09:40 PM
Rice Boy in Denial =)

What's the differemce between the Neon and Black Lights?
Neon just glows... black lights sensitive materials (i.e. glow-in-the-dark stuff) react and glow bright.
Old 05-01-2001, 05:55 AM

Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Neon just glows... black lights sensitive materials (i.e. glow-in-the-dark stuff) react and glow bright.
thats right kev.
so if u want the purplish color and want your eyes looking a cool green color, then go for the black light, otherwise if u like a different color, then go for a neon.

and as for the brightness, its perfect IMO. it looks amazing at night, but its not overly bright. the camera i took the pic with in my sig is really sensitive to light, so thats y it looks bright, and id also suggest going with 10" lights.
Old 05-01-2001, 11:46 AM

thats right kev.
so if u want the purplish color and want your eyes looking a cool green color, then go for the black light, otherwise if u like a different color, then go for a neon.

and as for the brightness, its perfect IMO. it looks amazing at night, but its not overly bright. the camera i took the pic with in my sig is really sensitive to light, so thats y it looks bright, and id also suggest going with 10" lights.
Can I get a BLACK light that shines Blueish or are they all purple?
I love how it is in your pic, but I am not sure if the camera just made it look blue, or if that's how it really is.
F&*K that looks sweeeeeeet!
Old 05-01-2001, 05:32 PM

Can I get a BLACK light that shines Blueish or are they all purple?
I love how it is in your pic, but I am not sure if the camera just made it look blue, or if that's how it really is.
hmm, well i always thought they were purple...but i dont know too much about black lights. maybe someone else could field your question

im pretty sure ull get more light from the neon rather than the black light, thats one reason i got the neons instead.
Old 05-01-2001, 07:34 PM

thanx

Thanx... I want NEONS, I love the blue colour!
Thanks for all the info man!