General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

get your markers to blink 4th and 5th gen

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2000, 07:49 PM

Re: For the cornering lamps...if you have a 95/96

the corner rewire does not touch the cornering lights wireing at all ...

I for one have wired the fogs to come on independantly of anything else anyway... regardless of the cornering lights
Old 10-11-2000, 08:02 PM

Re: Thanks, I figured it out...

As it turns out, the blinking alternation while the lights are on is based on the potencial difference between the side marker and the turn signal.
When engaged (the turn signal), the side marker positive side meets the turn signal positive side making the bulb part of the (+) node at the same potential (basically the bulb becomes a wire) and consequently there is no light. When the turn signal turns off, the positive terminal becomes 0 and therefore there will be a potential difference between the side marker positive terminal and the positive terminal of the turn signal (now at 0V). This causes the side marker to turn on. There is however a current sinc into the positive terminal of the turn signal that may find a ground at the relay (remains to be confirmed), any how, it could not be floating.
The fogs need (+) to enable the relays to engage. This potential is always present at the side marker which alternates between (+)(+) as part of the same node and (+)(0) when the turn signal positive becomes 0.
Conclusion: it will work.

Originally posted by Hrdayz
You are incorrect. If performed correctly the fogs will function as before and this change will peform as represented. its quick and easy. Good luck
Old 10-12-2000, 08:43 AM

Re: Fog lights on with High beams

I have made the fog rewiring to turn on the fog lamps with the parking lights and remain on with the High beams on (as opposed to the original form that when the high beams went on the fogs will turn off). The fog rewiring requires to tap on the (+) of the side marker (bumper) to engage the relay controlling the fog lights.
Just a quick note - I believe that this is illegal in many or most states / provinces. The magic number of front lights you can have on, I believe, is four, and since your high beams are 2 + 2, having your fogs on at the same time makes this six.

The awful thing is that I can't find where I read this, so if someone can verify or correct me, it's appreciated...

Besides, why would you want to have your fog lights on at the same time as your high beams?

- Andrew
Old 10-12-2000, 09:02 AM

Thanks to Tony (1MAX2NV)

I've had this on my Max since the first DC Meet last year.
Old 10-12-2000, 09:34 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Re: Now show us to >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mine does that!!!

Originally posted by Tmeyers
Nice mod to the turn signal lights..Now someone show us
how to allow both turnsignal lights (front and side) to
come on with the parking lights......

Thx, Tmeyers-Colorado
Old 10-12-2000, 10:12 AM

Doug wants to take the credit for everything.

Old 10-12-2000, 10:23 AM

Re: Re: Doug wants to take the credit for everything.

Oops my mind ain't working right yet it's still early.

Originally posted by doug
I did say "I took YOUR info" to me thats giving credit back to the man.. TONY

Originally posted by DavidL7
Old 10-12-2000, 10:58 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Fog lights on with High beams

Originally posted by Alexander
I have made the fog rewiring to turn on the fog lamps with the parking lights and remain on with the High beams on (as opposed to the original form that when the high beams went on the fogs will turn off). The fog rewiring requires to tap on the (+) of the side marker (bumper) to engage the relay controlling the fog lights.
Just a quick note - I believe that this is illegal in many or most states / provinces. The magic number of front lights you can have on, I believe, is four, and since your high beams are 2 + 2, having your fogs on at the same time makes this six.

The awful thing is that I can't find where I read this, so if someone can verify or correct me, it's appreciated...

Besides, why would you want to have your fog lights on at the same time as your high beams?

- Andrew
Uhhh...I thought the maxima only had a single headlight with a dual wattage bulb. Therefore, even with the fog lights on, you would only have four lights on...(talking about fourth gen)
Old 10-26-2000, 08:37 AM

Re: Now show us to >>>>>>>>>>>>>

Originally posted by Tmeyers
Nice mod to the turn signal lights..Now someone show us
how to allow both turnsignal lights (front and side) to
come on with the parking lights......

Thx, Tmeyers-Colorado
Tmeyers, here's what you want.

http://maximanorth.homestead.com/fil..._mods_rwts.htm

I've not done it yet, but will soon.

Good Luck, and let us know how it goes!

Jack
Old 10-26-2000, 09:52 AM

i was in court for speeding

and this kid had a ticket for
"failure to dim lights"

if you use your highbeams when they are not needed, they can add this charge to anything else you did wrong .

i do believe it's a second offense.

they can't pull you over just for that ( like tints )
in NY anyway.. they gotta pull you over for speeding or something like that, THEN they can give you ticket on high beams or tint, or head light out or plate covers, etc. the minor $hit

Old 10-26-2000, 12:07 PM

Speeding ticket/brights/confusion

Originally posted by amixam69
and this kid had a ticket for
"failure to dim lights"

if you use your highbeams when they are not needed, they can add this charge to anything else you did wrong .

i do believe it's a second offense.

they can't pull you over just for that ( like tints )
in NY anyway.. they gotta pull you over for speeding or something like that, THEN they can give you ticket on high beams or tint, or head light out or plate covers, etc. the minor $hit
??? I was talkin' 'bout lighting up the dark signals, not driving with bright lights on? Did I miss something? I do not expect to be ticketed for this. (in fact, some ignorant cops MAY think that it's not right NOW being all dark in front with lights on)

I do know cops like to tack on stuff like seat belts, tint, lights, etc when stopping you for moving violations.

Jack
Old 10-26-2000, 12:43 PM

check this out.. tell me if it is not clear..

i did this on my 96 SE and on gr8bone's 2k

http://www.geocities.com/amixam69/nissan/markerblink/
Already did this...actually the front blinkers stay on all the time also for me and blink with the side when i signal...it lit the road up much better and looks pretty good...
Old 10-26-2000, 01:42 PM

Diff Max, diff outcome...

Originally posted by MaxedBandit
check this out.. tell me if it is not clear..

i did this on my 96 SE and on gr8bone's 2k

Already did this...actually the front blinkers stay on all the time also for me and blink with the side when i signal...it lit the road up much better and looks pretty good...
Really? I did it to a '96 GXE and no front light with park or headlights. Odd. I guess it works different on diff Maxes.

Jack