General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

some REAL bad news

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2001, 10:37 AM

I am selling my maxima.Why you ask? To tell you the truth Im not really sure. No specific reason just a bunch of little things. Im tired of having to work every day to pay for it at the end of the month. Im tired of my mom always complaining about the payments. Im tired of the paint chips. Id have to say the biggest reason is the that I am buying a bike this summer and I need the extra cash. It really hurts to get rid of it already but I think its something that has to be done.
Old 05-09-2001, 10:41 AM

Originally posted by 00 black max
I am selling my maxima.Why you ask? To tell you the truth Im not really sure. No specific reason just a bunch of little things. Im tired of having to work every day to pay for it at the end of the month. Im tired of my mom always complaining about the payments. Im tired of the paint chips. Id have to say the biggest reason is the that I am buying a bike this summer and I need the extra cash. It really hurts to get rid of it already but I think its something that has to be done.
That blows, Dude. i just got mine and I love it so I know it's got to be eating you up. Will you be selling any of your mods or sellig the car outright?
Old 05-09-2001, 10:45 AM

19000 negotiable
Old 05-09-2001, 11:05 AM

its a 2k man what are u lookin to spend jeez
Old 05-09-2001, 11:18 AM

Originally posted by yo_its_ok
Jay, wht2kmax was selling his car below your price, and its auto, and worked

Well I am in the process of getting a front hit Sterling Mist Auto SE in NC.
why would you want to get a front end damage car, aren't you afraid of engine damage?
Old 05-09-2001, 11:45 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

hmm for some reason i see him as someone who works on cars for a living. he knows what to do.

Originally posted by gtr_rider

why would you want to get a front end damage car, aren't you afraid of engine damage?
Old 05-09-2001, 11:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Jay, wht2kmax was selling his car below your price, and its auto, and worked

Well I am in the process of getting a front hit Sterling Mist Auto SE in NC.
I am going to buy a repairable for the winter Hogan check out these links,

www.astramotorcars.com
www.mohawkmotors.com {my favorate}
www.fenderbenderautosales.com

BTW if you look in auto hunters there are tons of crazy deals on cars with minimal damage.

00Blackmax, $19,000 sounds like a fair to me, good luck with your bike and all.
Old 05-09-2001, 11:46 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Not if your throwing the engine away
Old 05-09-2001, 01:32 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Be careful with the bike, man. Out of my 6 friends who owned bikes, 6 of them had wrecks. Yep, 100% of them dumped thier bikes at one time or another. 3 of the wrecks were pretty severe. One friend hit a dog at 50mph, flipped over the front and busted some bones, got road rash, and got bit. Yes, the damn dog bit him!!!! The other friend got ran off the road by an old lady. He was going about 35mph when he dumped the bike and got some pretty severe road rash. The other friend was showing off going up a street by our apartment doing about 70mph. He lost control at the crest of the hill, drove thru a yard, flipped over the front of the bike, slid in the grass, narrowly missing a concrete wall and sidewalk, all the while the bike is tumbling behind him and finally hits a tree that he narrowly missed. He got a scratched finger out of the whole deal, but he totaled a bike that wasn't his, and he tore up some guys yard pretty extensively.

The problem with bikes, overall, is that people in cars pay little attention to you. Chances are if you wreck, it's not your fault, which is great, but chances are you'll be scared for life or possibly dead.

Insurance on a bike is insane, especially on a sportbike. I forgot to mention that 2 of my buddies motorcycles got stolen. Also none of them have bikes anymore.

I love bikes and have riden many (GSXRs, CBRs, Vulcans, Magnas), but you've got to have some type of deathwish to own one. I'm surprised your mom is for you getting a bike. 80% of 1st year bike riders dump their bike within the first 6 months. Remember that. I hate to be so grim, but I'm just sharing my experience.

I'd just sell the Maxima and get a fast car. For $15000, you could be sporting a sweet 300ZXTT or how about a quick AWD Diamond Star? I'm considering selling my wife's Altima and buying a 90-93 5.0 Mustang notchback. I'm really craving a V8 again.

Dave
Old 05-10-2001, 12:46 AM

Gotta agree on the motorcycle thing. A good friend of mine who is a good rider has been in a couple spills, the most significant one because some driver pulled out of a coverage garage without looking carefully enough (people don't watch for motorcycles).

He went over the front, over the top of the car and slid pretty far down the street until he slid and wedged under a parked car. Road rash wasn't too bad, he was wearing all leather, but he had some pretty bad bruises. Could have easily been worse.
Old 05-10-2001, 08:16 AM

gtr_rider, its a project car. Crazy experimentation, looks excellent on a computer, no idea how it will be on the actual car, so wanna keep the investment to get started minimal. Repair of the car like e max said, I do it all. Ethan, thanx for the links to the sites. Maybe I'm too involved with fixing cars, but yo its ok...
Nick, hehe throw away a perfectly good VQ ?
Crazy.
DaveB, its a fact, every motorcyclist will drop their bike once in their lives. Just make sure its not when going at a high speed, or start praying you make it. I dropped my bike and it hurt like crazy. I thought about all the crazy things that could happen. Then one of my riding buddies bit the dust due to a stupid guy who was too ignorant to look where he was pulling out of.
Jesse, you know how it goes with ignorant people out there.

Jay, just becareful out there. The speed is addicting, but its a high price to pay if you don't have 100% total control.

-Peace
You're gonna do the Motorex Maxima/Skyline conversion, aren't you?
Old 05-10-2001, 02:33 PM

Originally posted by Dave B

The problem with bikes, overall, is that people in cars pay little attention to you. Chances are if you wreck, it's not your fault, which is great, but chances are you'll be scared for life or possibly dead.

The real problem with bikes is that you can go faster than hell in a heartbeat. They will make your Maxima seem like you are standing still. I stopped riding my Honda Nighthawk about 7 years ago because it was too easy to get into trouble and had a few very close calls. And that bike is considered a slug compared to the new rockets out there. Be careful. There is nothing like the feel of pull from a standing stop of a ricerocket. If you like speed, you will be driving around with a smile on your face and a bulge in your pants. Good luck.

Dave