General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

ROAD RAGE SUV against my MAXIMA

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 07:49 PM
RussMaxManiac

Okay, people are just getting crazier and crazier. It's gonna drive me nuts really soon. This pathfinder that I was falling decided he wanted to be a ******* and i wanted to go around him. We are going down a 4 lane rd, 2 lanes each side, as soon as I decide to pass him he takes up both lanes, and stays there. I am like what the hell, so I am trying to get around him and at that time I am basically tail gaiting the ****er. Well I justed he had no brake lights whne he slamemd on his brakes on me. Lucky I had better brakes than stock, and was able to back off. We turn right onto another road, he hops into the middle lane, These lanes are bigger, so I might be able to get around, there was a opening and I tried for it, he swurved over into that lane. Okay, this is getting on my nerves. I waited back till we got to the freeway, we went across and turned left onto the access road. I was in the left lane, he went into the right. I was like hell yea opening. I layed into it full throttle 1st gear, and wasn't gonna take a chance so I powershifted 2nd, well as soon as I hit 2nd gear, and pulled hard past him, Last 2nd I saw in my right side door windows I saw HIM SWURVE HARD into my lane, ALMOST hit me, I look in my rear view mirror, he must have been inches from my rear bumper and he was way over in my lane loosing control, the PATHFINDER was leaning BADLY, nad sliding, he swurved back into his lane, and continued on and turned in later down that lane I saw in my mirror. I was like, HOLY ****, that guy really wanted to hit me.

Oh my god, thank god for the massive Torque of the VQ in 1st and 2nd gear....

Maxy made it home safe, and me a bit shooken up.

Okay enough talk...just thought I let u know.

Old 05-16-2001, 07:54 PM

People suck. PLUS...I have much love for other newer nissan drivers. I'm very forgiving. Its like a brotherhood. Were you tailing him during regular driving? Something must have provoked him.

Mike S.
Old 05-16-2001, 07:58 PM

You should have slowed down, Russ. That cheap "Japan made" paint and those rounded 5th gens spell disaster for a paint job..

=)
Old 05-16-2001, 08:03 PM

yo thats wack!
though he may not be a maxima brother, he is part of the nissan family, but had no right to do that even if u did tail him a bit... that is just plain stupid and retarded... sum guy in a bimmer did that to me today as well.. he was driving under the speed limit, so i try to get him to move by following pretty close, there was like 2 car lengths between him and a car and he just brakes pretty hard, not slamming it, luckily i slam on nmy brakes and avoid the crash.. i am like WTF IS THAT! i finally pass him and its sum old 50 year old doin that ****... whats goin on, if u cant handle drivin at least the spead limit, then DONT DRIVE! plain and simple! but ya, glad to hear the power of the max got u out of that situation, but what the pathfinder did was stupid stupid supid.. shame on him!
glad to hear u ok
:angeel:
Old 05-16-2001, 08:07 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by Maximamike
You should have slowed down, Russ. That cheap "Japan made" paint and those rounded 5th gens spell disaster for a paint job..

=)
ROTFLMAO!

Old 05-16-2001, 08:08 PM
RussMaxManiac

No, I have no idea, he was driving 20 mph and I came up behind him, and had to wait for traffic to clear, so when it did I tried to go around him and thats when it started. 20 mph in a 45.

Originally posted by Mike S.
People suck. PLUS...I have much love for other newer nissan drivers. I'm very forgiving. Its like a brotherhood. Were you tailing him during regular driving? Something must have provoked him.

Mike S.

Old 05-16-2001, 08:18 PM

Mike S.

How new do you have to be to have much love from you? I have a 92?
Old 05-16-2001, 09:35 PM

He probably saw your "Britney Spears" bumper sticker and thought you were a punk, hehe.....

Don
Old 05-16-2001, 09:39 PM

family? Does that mean Chverolet Corvette and Camero couldn't race?

Do Saleen Mustang race with Stouch Mustang?
Old 05-16-2001, 09:44 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

SUV's Hate Max'es day?

I had a Ford Explorer try something similier today. I was getting on the freeway, coming home from happy hour It was a two lane onramp. The Explorer tried to jump ahead of me. I wasn't having any of that, so I let my baby do her thing, and as I was quickly passing the POS, he tried to swerve and hit me!!! I waved at the guy goodbye, gave him a universal friendly gesture, and kept on going home. Some people.
Old 05-16-2001, 09:52 PM

Originally posted by Dirksmoothe

How new do you have to be to have much love from you? I have a 92?

I guess I mean if I see a guy in an 88 POS Stanza cut me off, I'll give him a piece of my mind and of the VG However, If a guy in a newer model makes a mistake I'm more forgiving. Please don't over analize this boys....its just me. However i did show a 5th gen auto today that my vg with mods can move nicely.

Mike S.
Old 05-16-2001, 11:26 PM
My other car is a Hybrid

... analize ...

Mike S.
You meant ANALYZE, right? Just playing!
Old 05-17-2001, 06:51 AM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
No, I have no idea, he was driving 20 mph and I came up behind him, and had to wait for traffic to clear, so when it did I tried to go around him and thats when it started. 20 mph in a 45.
Whether or not you started something, the guy was obviously phucked in the head. Either way, it was pretty dumb to continue screwing around with him. You're lucky that he didn't crash into you, or possibly kill someone else on the road in the process. My point is, antagonizing morons only causes more trouble.

Don't get me wrong... I've been in a couple identical situations, and I went for the pass instead of backing off. I think it has something to do witht he VQ
Old 05-17-2001, 07:04 AM

road rage

don't feel too bad. I had a similar inicident a few months back on a narrow road here in NY with a QX4. Some old dude deicided to cut me off and flick his cigarette butt at me (missed). But he served left and right trying to prevent me from getting around him. Some dumb lumb nutt--and I wished I had a gun so I could have just shot him.
actually a gun shot is too clean...something like an arrow would have been nice--that bastard!!
don't feel too bad, happens to the best of us...especuially with the nutty SUV drivers who think they either
1. own the road
2. can run over anything
3 or think that they are both and are indestructible.

Old 05-17-2001, 08:36 AM

Next time get the plate number and call the cops
if u have a cell phone u can guide the police right to him.
Road rage is serious. People die because of these idiots.
Old 05-17-2001, 10:39 AM

PEOPLE IN SUV'S ****ING SUCK

I hope I didn't offend anyone but it's so true, this just happened to me yesterday, I was driving my friend to the airport, logan in boston, and it was fairly trafficy, and we went to the central parking area, there were two lanes which split, one lane to the parking and one left to a hotel , well, some car made a mistake and stayed in a hotel line and then saw the mistake and tried to switch into a parking lane, but because of a little backup, nobody could go through to the hotel because that cars *** was blocking the road, so ****ing people started honking their horns, which is normal, I can understand that, but some guy in a ****ing SUV literally came half way out of the window and started yelling, "GET THE **** OUT OF THE WAY OR I'M GOING TO COME DOWN AND BEAT THE **** OUT OF YOU" or something like that, I mean, give me a break, a person made a mistake, so for 20 ****ing seconds SUV's idiots yell their lungs out?

stupid

I was going to open my window and yell at the people who were honking, but then I would've been like the suv idiot, so I didn't
Old 05-17-2001, 11:30 AM

I guess I mean if I see a guy in an 88 POS Stanza cut me off, I'll give him a piece of my mind and of the VG However, If a guy in a newer model makes a mistake I'm more forgiving. Please don't over analize this boys....its just me. However i did show a 5th gen auto today that my vg with mods can move nicely.

Mike S.
Reminds me of those pyschology studies that show that goodlooking people get away with more than ugly people. In this case it's cars.
Old 05-17-2001, 12:03 PM

Stupid people on the road are just not worth the aggravation and energy...Try to stay away...But I know how hard that is...I usually get pi**ed off at stupid drivers too...

They're just jealous of our nice cars!
Old 05-17-2001, 12:41 PM

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
Okay, people are just getting crazier and crazier. It's gonna drive me nuts really soon. This pathfinder that I was falling decided he wanted to be a ******* and i wanted to go around him. We are going down a 4 lane rd, 2 lanes each side, as soon as I decide to pass him he takes up both lanes, and stays there. I am like what the hell, so I am trying to get around him and at that time I am basically tail gaiting the ****er. Well I justed he had no brake lights whne he slamemd on his brakes on me. Lucky I had better brakes than stock, and was able to back off. We turn right onto another road, he hops into the middle lane, These lanes are bigger, so I might be able to get around, there was a opening and I tried for it, he swurved over into that lane. Okay, this is getting on my nerves. I waited back till we got to the freeway, we went across and turned left onto the access road. I was in the left lane, he went into the right. I was like hell yea opening. I layed into it full throttle 1st gear, and wasn't gonna take a chance so I powershifted 2nd, well as soon as I hit 2nd gear, and pulled hard past him, Last 2nd I saw in my right side door windows I saw HIM SWURVE HARD into my lane, ALMOST hit me, I look in my rear view mirror, he must have been inches from my rear bumper and he was way over in my lane loosing control, the PATHFINDER was leaning BADLY, nad sliding, he swurved back into his lane, and continued on and turned in later down that lane I saw in my mirror. I was like, HOLY ****, that guy really wanted to hit me.

Oh my god, thank god for the massive Torque of the VQ in 1st and 2nd gear....

Maxy made it home safe, and me a bit shooken up.

Okay enough talk...just thought I let u know.

Hehe nissan on nissan violence what is the world comeing to :-)
Old 05-17-2001, 02:01 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You know what really gets me is when your in a hurry in the fast lane (on the highway) and there is someone in front of you going slow. You come up on them slowly and they brake check you. I mean WTF? I believe the fast lane is called the fast lane for a reason and then the person is going to have the ordasity to brake check you. Get the f*ck over is all I have to say. Happens to me all the time. What's the deal? If I was driving an old $hitter and there wasn't the rear-end collision your fault rule, some people would get rammed! If someone intentionally slams on the brakes in front of you for no other reason than to have you run into the back of them, that should be there fault. Man that makes me mad. Some people.
Old 05-17-2001, 02:55 PM

What I hate when is when some *** insists on tailgating you because you keep a safe distance behind the car in front of you. Like you're going 90mph but staying a good three seconds behind the person in front, and some *** is tailgating you to speed up.

I mean, what's the point? As long as you keep up with the car in front of you, you're not going any faster. The only thing moving closer would serve to do is increase the chance of a collision.

Now if there's no vehicles in front of the guy in front of you and he's in the fast lane, I can understand putting a little pressure on him to speed up or change lanes.
Old 05-18-2001, 12:07 AM

Originally posted by MAXINXS
You know what really gets me is when your in a hurry in the fast lane (on the highway) and there is someone in front of you going slow. You come up on them slowly and they brake check you. I mean WTF? I believe the fast lane is called the fast lane for a reason and then the person is going to have the ordasity to brake check you. Get the f*ck over is all I have to say. Happens to me all the time. What's the deal? If I was driving an old $hitter and there wasn't the rear-end collision your fault rule, some people would get rammed! If someone intentionally slams on the brakes in front of you for no other reason than to have you run into the back of them, that should be there fault. Man that makes me mad. Some people.
Funny you guys should mention it, this is the one thing that annoys me most on the highway. I don't know if it is the same in other states, but New Jersey in an effort to remedy this has put up signs all over the highways that say "Keep right, left lane passing only." That is technically how highways are supposed to be navigated, especially ones with only two lanes. How hard is this to understand? I guess it would be ok to stay in the left if you are always going faster than people on the right/slow lane, but if you see someone in the rearview that is obviously going faster than you are then why why WHY can't these people just get the f*ck out of the way??? ESPECIALLY when they insist on going 10 miles under the speed limit. Sorry but New Jersey just has way too many of these Sunday drivers all the time. I smile upon people courteous enough to kindly signal to the right and MOVE when they see me coming.
Old 05-18-2001, 06:15 AM

Jersey isn't the worst

Originally posted by jerzeeMax

...but New Jersey in an effort to remedy this has put up signs all over the highways that say "Keep right, left lane passing only...
Cops will pull you over for driving in the left hand lane in NJ unless you are passing someone.

The worst state for driving slow in the left lane is by far Florida. Too many old farts in their caddies just putting along in the left hand lane. Next to not using a turn signal, it has to be my biggest pet peeve on the road. Whenever I pass someone on the right, I just look at them to see if their head is really up their a$$, or if they've finally gotten their long awaited plexyglass bellybutton in the mail yet.
Old 05-19-2001, 04:00 AM

Re: Jersey isn't the worst

Originally posted by Frezny

Cops will pull you over for driving in the left hand lane in NJ unless you are passing someone.

The worst state for driving slow in the left lane is by far Florida. Too many old farts in their caddies just putting along in the left hand lane. Next to not using a turn signal, it has to be my biggest pet peeve on the road. Whenever I pass someone on the right, I just look at them to see if their head is really up their a$$, or if they've finally gotten their long awaited plexyglass bellybutton in the mail yet.
EXACTLY... You know what I'm talking about. People who just stay in the left not passing should get pulled over. And people like that force you to pass on the right which you could ALSO get pulled over for, and get madd points on your license. Damn troublemakers.
Old 05-19-2001, 05:10 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: road rage

Originally posted by humaras
...especuially with the nutty SUV drivers who think they either
1. own the road
2. can run over anything
3 or think that they are both and are indestructible.

I agree totally. SUV's have spouted a new class of schits who think they now drive tanks and think they can stomp on all other cars.

After seeing first hand intentional collisions perpetrated by road raged drivers, I think you are best to avoid confrontation.
Old 05-19-2001, 06:39 PM

downright scary

intentionally induced accidents--that is above and beyond insane...ppl risking their lives over an ego thing.
that is scary.
downright scary.

Originally posted by Mishmosh

I agree totally. SUV's have spouted a new class of schits who think they now drive tanks and think they can stomp on all other cars.

After seeing first hand intentional collisions perpetrated by road raged drivers, I think you are best to avoid confrontation.
Old 05-21-2001, 06:55 AM

i would have killed the guy in the pathfinder.....
once in front of him just stop in the middle of the road get out of the car and fight the guy...
you could have got all your stress out by beating his ***....
yes, i am a little crazy
Old 05-21-2001, 12:13 PM

Pathfinders are SLow Compared to a maxima.. My gf has a 97 pathfinder and no way can she compete with my 4th gen maxima. ITs good that your safe..