General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Takin out a 200SX

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 12:31 AM

I know, I know, its not a Stang but I take what I can get.
I was cruisin along, headed to the bowling alley to meet my friends when out of nowhere this car with blue blinkers is right on my ***. I think 'ricer...I wonder if hes going to want to race." Well, he passes me and I get right behind him. Were on Millard Ave, right next to a cop shop. But we get past where he turns onto the next street. Its rolling turn where you dont have to stop or slow down to turn. Well then he gets on it. Im in 4th at the time an figure Ill catch him. But getting anxious at 2500rpms, I finally downshift. He was slowing pulling away until then. Within a few seconds I was right on his butt, doing about 100 now, ready to pass him when we catch up to a slow car and I dont get the chance to pass him. We get to the next light and I expect him to take off, but he didnt. He drove about 30mph, the limit like 45. The car next to him was going that slow as well. Were cruising at about 35 when he cuts across 2lanes and onto the ramp to get on the interstate.

Hmm...200SX didnt want to play anymore.

He had exhaust done. Couldnt really tell if he had anything else. I think it was the SE or SE-R 200SX. It had a spoiler. But I dont really know those cars too well.
Old 05-22-2001, 06:52 AM
ejj
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Jeff91SE
I know, I know, its not a Stang but I take what I can get.
I was cruisin along, headed to the bowling alley to meet my friends when out of nowhere this car with blue blinkers is right on my ***. I think 'ricer...I wonder if hes going to want to race." Well, he passes me and I get right behind him. Were on Millard Ave, right next to a cop shop. But we get past where he turns onto the next street. Its rolling turn where you dont have to stop or slow down to turn. Well then he gets on it. Im in 4th at the time an figure Ill catch him. But getting anxious at 2500rpms, I finally downshift. He was slowing pulling away until then. Within a few seconds I was right on his butt, doing about 100 now, ready to pass him when we catch up to a slow car and I dont get the chance to pass him. We get to the next light and I expect him to take off, but he didnt. He drove about 30mph, the limit like 45. The car next to him was going that slow as well. Were cruising at about 35 when he cuts across 2lanes and onto the ramp to get on the interstate.

Hmm...200SX didnt want to play anymore.

He had exhaust done. Couldnt really tell if he had anything else. I think it was the SE or SE-R 200SX. It had a spoiler. But I dont really know those cars too well.
My brother has a 95 200sx SE, and they really aren't a challenge for any max.

However, IIRC the SE-R has the same engine from the Sentra SE-R, and those can be quite quick. I don't know how you can tell them apart other than the badges.