General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

stealth radar k40

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 11:34 AM

I managed to find a radar thats more expensive than the V1.

go to www.k40.com

1000 bucks installed.

Looks factory and the LEDs fit into your dash meanwhile the actually sensors sit in the front and back of your car. the radar is custom to your car and depends on the make and model. The pics in the actual brochure are a lot better than the ones in the website. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw this one out at ya guys and see what ya'll thought.
Old 05-22-2001, 02:13 PM

Garbage!!! Old School Garbage... n/m

Originally posted by NISMO808
I managed to find a radar thats more expensive than the V1.

go to www.k40.com

1000 bucks installed.

Looks factory and the LEDs fit into your dash meanwhile the actually sensors sit in the front and back of your car. the radar is custom to your car and depends on the make and model. The pics in the actual brochure are a lot better than the ones in the website. Anyhow, just thought I'd throw this one out at ya guys and see what ya'll thought.
Old 05-22-2001, 02:30 PM

For real? This place platinum auto salon in laurel sells and installs it. A friend of mine was thinking of putting it in his is300. That's how I found out about it.

Why is it garbage?
Old 05-22-2001, 03:22 PM

They pay for any tickets within the first year it is installed. I have installed at least a hundred k-40 products in many cars and never have had one complaint. The laser diffuser i have on my car has saved me three times, and best of all it is all stealth.
Old 05-22-2001, 03:42 PM

How about this--->>

Find any magazine or website other that K40 that compares it vs other radar detectors..

As far as the laser diffuser goes as them if the police target anyplace other than the license plate what will happen.

The make good antenaes though..

Originally posted by NISMO808
For real? This place platinum auto salon in laurel sells and installs it. A friend of mine was thinking of putting it in his is300. That's how I found out about it.

Why is it garbage?
Old 05-22-2001, 03:52 PM

Well, mine is not mounted on the licence plate and it still works fine. I have read several reviews in the past, and I only speak from experience about the quality of their products.
Old 05-23-2001, 05:24 AM

Your what isn't mounted on the license-->>

plate?? IIRC, the laser diffuser is on the license plate.

I agree that you can speak from experience but is your experience compared to other detectors or just your personal use of that detector only?? Just curious.

Originally posted by The_auryn
Well, mine is not mounted on the licence plate and it still works fine. I have read several reviews in the past, and I only speak from experience about the quality of their products.
Old 05-23-2001, 10:07 AM

All diffusers come in a licence plate bracket, and can be remover from that bracket for a cleaner install. I removed mine from the bracket. As far as other brands, I have installed them all. All of the major brands work well, they all do false to a degree. I recommend any of the major brands to NISMO808.
Old 05-23-2001, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the input. Right now i'm running a V1 and i'm pretty happy with it. It has saved me on two occassions thus far. I think in combo with the v1 and knowledge of where and when to speed I will be all set.

I sent the post to my friend who was thinking about the k40 and he hasn't formulated any oppinions yet.

I think both of you made some valid points but I think adam is right about the reviews cause up until a few days ago I didn't even know that the k40 existed. That could mean either two things, it's the worlds best kept secret, or its subpar to the major brands and not worth mentioning by the reviewers.

The laser diffuser does look neat though but seems sorta easy to jack. Sad to say but there are a lot of lil theiving punks in MD these days.
Old 05-23-2001, 02:28 PM

Ohhh I didn't know that!!!

Seriously though will it stop laser detection if it's pointed at something else.... (different topic)I've even heard that some radar detectors if not all cannot pick up laser unless it's hitting the detector itself.... ie if your being hit on your license plate the beam is so narrow that your radar detector wont see it... After all it is laser light not incandescent light..

Originally posted by The_auryn
All diffusers come in a licence plate bracket, and can be remover from that bracket for a cleaner install. I removed mine from the bracket. As far as other brands, I have installed them all. All of the major brands work well, they all do false to a degree. I recommend any of the major brands to NISMO808.
Old 05-23-2001, 03:34 PM

$1000 for YOU

listen, if I gave you a $1000, would you stop speeding? if the answer is yes, then you already got the 1k, just don't get one

besides, I've researched the detectors, and V1 seems to be the best one, or just don't speed too much
Old 05-23-2001, 04:43 PM

Re: $1000 for YOU

LOL You need to do some more research...LOL..

Originally posted by Vinipux
listen, if I gave you a $1000, would you stop speeding? if the answer is yes, then you already got the 1k, just don't get one

besides, I've researched the detectors, and V1 seems to be the best one, or just don't speed too much
Old 05-25-2001, 01:46 PM
Fullyloaded

Ok here's a place that tested all your favorites.

http://radartest.com/

Old 05-25-2001, 03:30 PM

For laser, they usually need to hit a flat metal spot. That is why the front license plate is so good for them. If they hit paint or an odd surface, it will bounce off. Therefore you must only worry about the license plate.