General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

IMPORT SCENE IN PUERTO RICO..read!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 03:19 PM

Wassup guys..im in puerto rico rite now...the import scene out here makes the one over there in nyc look like we playin with hot wheels..every one and their moms has their car hooked up here...mistubishis evoltions like crazy..a bunch of type -r's..spoon type r's..etc..AND...A TURBO ACCENT!!at 8 psi...tha **** was sick...a lot of rotory espcially in corollas...ill be going to a spot tomm whhhere they have the best cars racing..ill have it on tape and try to put it on the org..this sunday they have rotary vs.pistons competion.. 7.3 sec rotorary...sad thing..no Maximas...i saw 3 3grd gens..2 4th..and 1 5th....no SE's...all gxes...ight peace..
Old 05-24-2001, 03:37 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

What part??

my friend is from San Juan, he says you could see the crappiest looking car down there and it would most likely have 20's on it and/or be pulling a 12 sec. or less 1/4th mile...funny stuff!

Originally posted by JibaroMax
Wassup guys..im in puerto rico rite now...the import scene out here makes the one over there in nyc look like we playin with hot wheels..every one and their moms has their car hooked up here...mistubishis evoltions like crazy..a bunch of type -r's..spoon type r's..etc..AND...A TURBO ACCENT!!at 8 psi...tha **** was sick...a lot of rotory espcially in corollas...ill be going to a spot tomm whhhere they have the best cars racing..ill have it on tape and try to put it on the org..this sunday they have rotary vs.pistons competion.. 7.3 sec rotorary...sad thing..no Maximas...i saw 3 3grd gens..2 4th..and 1 5th....no SE's...all gxes...ight peace..
Old 05-24-2001, 04:03 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I was down there probably 2 months ago for a few days. I saw about 5 maxes (a few 3rd, one 4th, one 5th) total. While I was there, I saw soooo many Mitsu Mirage S coupes. It was amazing. Some of them were modded, but nothing too major. Mostly similar cars down there except since the country is a little poorer, they are often older cars. I was mainly in San Juan, but traveled around too.
Old 05-24-2001, 07:04 PM

haha yea i jus got back a few days ago from san juan... 134813498134 mirages there
overall it looks like mad ghetto cars with huge rims
Old 05-24-2001, 08:40 PM

Originally posted by jw82
haha yea i jus got back a few days ago from san juan... 134813498134 mirages there
overall it looks like mad ghetto cars with huge rims
best place to see races is in salinas(south of the island).
Old 05-24-2001, 08:55 PM
Disco Biscuit

When my wife and I went down for our honeymoon, ( and to visit all of her family) that was our big joke. In NYC if you're Puerto Rican, you have to own at some point a Monte Carlo( pref. in blue) in the island, you have to own a Mirage. Her dad, brother, and brother-in-law, have all owned Montes. She has 2 cousins in the island that own Mirages. They are everywhere..............
Old 05-25-2001, 09:59 AM

Competir (racing) en Puerto Rico

Yeah u be lucky not getting ran over on em streets of P.R. If it aint cars its those damn scooters. But yeah my fello P.R. cousins R very into rotary engines. As a matta of fact back in the day, I used to live up in Lawrence Mass. 97% of the population was Dominicans n Puerto Ricans which moved up from NYC n the islands n those catz where always hooking up em Toyota's n Mazda's like Krazie. Corollas, old RX-7, n those Supra/Celica hatchbacks from the 80's. Them cars was always looking like iish, but man they would freak'n burn ya off the line. Them catz would always look for new sports cars to roll up next to, n would F with the person in it untill they wanted to race em. Not noing that old piece of iish looking car had a beast of an engine underneath the hood, they would take em on. U guys know what happens next so I wont say no more.
But yeah Puerto Ricans know how to work on cars. Dont know what we do, but we do it right. Im P.R myself but unfortunately I live in Florida now. Of coures theirs lots of Puerto Ricans here, but not where I live. I still have some knowledge but aint exposed to my people as I used to be back in the day. Oh well life goes on... Happy Modding.