General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Help Got 2 tickets within 2 hours

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2001, 04:52 PM
Boosted?....

Hey guys,

I was on my way down to Va Beach and I was going like 90mph and it was a little foggy. It was 5 in the morning and I was at hanover rt 295. I got pulled over and got a ticket for going 90 in a 65. On the ticket it said that i was clocked by a m-radar. Should I go to court and ask to see when the radar was calibrated? Will I get off or will it be better if I plead guilty? Now on to the second ticket. I was almost at the oceanfront in va beach. I was on 264 and I saw another cop. I slowed down to like 74 when he clocked me. He pulled me over and I was like **** two in ****ing day. It was 6:30 am by now. The cop didn't write down how he clocked me and he messed up my race. He put white instead of asian. will that make a difference? I heard that if they mess up on the littlest things the tickets get thrown out. I have a clean record up until now. Please help. Thanks

Man Choi

P.S. Driving speed limit back to falls church was a *****....
Old 05-28-2001, 05:25 PM
Get Off My Lawn

The way I see it, If I'm guilty, I pay it. If I'm not, I fight it. I say pay them. No judge in his right mind is going to throw a ticket out because the officer marked the wrong ethnicity, sorry. But, if you're going to fight it, you may want to buy a new speed sensor and take it to court telling the judge it was broke and you were keeping up with the speed of traffic on the road or some BS. Showing him the piece, he may let you off, maybe. I did that though, after being clocked 45 in a 30 going down hill. It was right after I passed the reduced speed sign and I was slowing down. My speedo sensor WAS BROKE and I took it to court after fixing it and the judge just laughed at me and asked how old I was and told me I had been driving long enough to know the difference between 45 and 30. I had to pay the ticket.
Old 05-28-2001, 06:24 PM

hmmm

I wouldn't make such BROAD generalizations about what a judge will do. Back when I owned my 96Z24 in College, I got a ticket for 78 in a 65. I had removed all the badges from the car. It was about 11pm at night my car had the dual exhaust setup from RKSPORT. Ok..so why all the build up to the stupid story? The idiot wrote on the ticket that my car was a CAMARO Z28. I **** you not about it. Yes..he did have my registration AND my insurance card---two other chances to see it was a ****ty cavalier.

I went to court and proved that was not my car and that I was driving my 96 Z24....funny my plates on the Z24 matched the ones on his ticket, but not the car despcription. The judge laughed and said, "dismissed......" See ya...wouldn't wanna be....

SHUMAX
Old 05-28-2001, 07:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

We all drive fast most of the time but you have to chill sometimes. The fact the the first Trooper was out clocking people should have told you there could have been more. Always keep that in mind. I know even here in MA, most tickets are given between the hours of 11PM and 5AM. I got 2 speeding ticket within 2 weeks about 6 years ago in RI. I didn't have my radar. I must add the cops were jerks too. I did get my moneys worth in the tickets I paid out tho. Everytime I had to travel on RI highways, I would break there speeding laws. I am paid up now.

Don't go so fast in the future. Even if you had a radar it wouldn't have help you.
Old 05-28-2001, 07:10 PM

I was near Va Beach for the weekend ... Williamsburg. I did see police everywhere and tapped my brakes often. Sorry you were the martyr.
Old 05-28-2001, 07:23 PM

You did realise that this was Memorial Day weekend right? There were extra patrols EVERYWHERE.
Old 05-28-2001, 07:34 PM

Re: hmmm

Originally posted by shumax
I wouldn't make such BROAD generalizations about what a judge will do. Back when I owned my 96Z24 in College, I got a ticket for 78 in a 65. I had removed all the badges from the car. It was about 11pm at night my car had the dual exhaust setup from RKSPORT. Ok..so why all the build up to the stupid story? The idiot wrote on the ticket that my car was a CAMARO Z28. I **** you not about it. Yes..he did have my registration AND my insurance card---two other chances to see it was a ****ty cavalier.

I went to court and proved that was not my car and that I was driving my 96 Z24....funny my plates on the Z24 matched the ones on his ticket, but not the car despcription. The judge laughed and said, "dismissed......" See ya...wouldn't wanna be....

SHUMAX
Smart ***!

I am going to put BMW M5 on my plates

John
Old 05-28-2001, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by medicsonic
You did realise that this was Memorial Day weekend right? There were extra patrols EVERYWHERE.
Hehe...I know what you mean. In Illinois, I think there were over 1000 citations just for the memorial day weekend...I for one saw 5 cops pulled over 5 different cars, with 1 cop on an overpass with a radar gun, and another 2 cops on stadby down on the side of the road...

I consider myself lucky for getting home without feeding any dounuts to the po-pos
Old 05-28-2001, 09:26 PM

Originally posted by EteRnity059
Hey guys,

I was on my way down to Va Beach and I was going like 90mph and it was a little foggy. It was 5 in the morning and I was at hanover rt 295. I got pulled over and got a ticket for going 90 in a 65. On the ticket it said that i was clocked by a m-radar. Should I go to court and ask to see when the radar was calibrated? Will I get off or will it be better if I plead guilty? Now on to the second ticket. I was almost at the oceanfront in va beach. I was on 264 and I saw another cop. I slowed down to like 74 when he clocked me. He pulled me over and I was like **** two in ****ing day. It was 6:30 am by now. The cop didn't write down how he clocked me and he messed up my race. He put white instead of asian. will that make a difference? I heard that if they mess up on the littlest things the tickets get thrown out. I have a clean record up until now. Please help. Thanks

Man Choi

P.S. Driving speed limit back to falls church was a *****....
Bummer 4 u,
I challeged a ticket once....
The cop pulled over me and another car with one radar reading.I fought it the cop lied they charged me $350.00 in court fees...
Now I go in with a lawyer and get supervision and traffic school and a $110.00 fine but its not on my state recordfor what ever thats worth.
Old 05-28-2001, 11:05 PM

did you get reckless on the first one? if you did i wouldnt bother trying to challenge that one. on the other one i dont think it would hurt if you point out to the judge that you're asian and the tivket says white. whats the worst that would happen, you'll pay just what you would have if you didnt bring it up at all. it worth a shot.