General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Eagle Talon Tsi

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2001, 03:34 PM

Been awhile since i posted.

Awhile back I posted how badly i got whooped by a 5spd Eagle Talon Tsi. Well lastnight i went to downtown Boise on the "cruise" and got lined up at a light with a Talon Tsi. I had 2 of the people that were with me when i got beat by the other one, and one of their little brothers, so there were 4 people in my car to his 2. I was revving alittle bit on him but he didn't look over or anything so i wasn't sure if he was going to race, when the light turned green i took off pretty hard but not all out. And looked over and he mashed it, so i mashed the gas and we shot off, He shifted into second and got a jump on me and we were neck and neck, i couldn't hear my engine and wasn't watching the rpm's and bounced the rev limiter ;( (i was shifting manually). I shifted and shot back up, we went up to about 65 or 70 when we shut down, by the time we both shut down, his nose was at my door. I just had to let out a scream, cause I KNEW i could beat a Talon Tsi. My 2 friends that were with me the first time i got beat congradulated me and i said i told them so. Cause i told them i could atleast hang with a Talon Tsi.

Later that night got lined up with a Acura Integra 5spd aswell. He knew it so he reved on me and i reved on him. Light turned green we both light our tires up pretty bad. He got off the line first and got a nice jump, my nose was at his door, then we shifted and i got up neck and neck, then he slammed on his brakes for a limo that parked in the street right infront of him, so we only got about a 500 ft. run. WOuld have been a good race, intresting to see if his VTEC would have pulled on me, most likely though.

Was fun night. I got my revenge !