General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

My comments on the Kansas City Meet...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 06:24 PM
RussMaxManiac

Wish it was big like the Liberty meet! But heck, at least I got to meet some new faces and a few old ones again.

Basically the drive from San Antonio, Texas was uneventful, and was a long 12 hrs (normally 15 hrs) 800mile drive one way. It was defintely fun when we hit the Kansas City Turnpike, and toll road. Was something like 100-200 miles long, and hardly any traffic, we cruised at over 100 mph all the way down it, no cops. Saved us alot of time there, but the gas was going down quicker . Anyways, the passport 8500 did not fail us once. Defintely do not regret buying that radar. Once we got there, finnally found the hotel (not so great instructions from the owner of the meet), we unloaded the car, walked in and signed up. The person that was supose to sign everyone up for the meet was not there, and the hotel hasn't seen anyone to sign up them yet. Very confused. We were there at 6pm, he was supose to be setup early afternoon. Well we go up and unpack and rest for a while, come down, to go eat somewhere, he was still not there. Looked up his # in my packet, called, he said he would be there later that evening. Well he showed, but did not sign anyone up till the following evening basically. Okay, this was the 1st sign of the meet going south. We found lots of good restraunts down the road, unlike the packet instructions. Came back, DaveB, JustinMC, Brian, David and a few others showed up that night to meet us. We all had some drinks, (one Long Island IceTea) took me down since the bar guy put way more than enough alcohol in it. LOL. Anyways, I got to ride in Dave's car, and let him drive mine to feel the differences that night. Dave's car is extremly fast, and I still find it hard to believe I beat him (later in the post). We compared the intake manifolds with a flashlight.. lol, but could only see so much, but basically it will be a hard job to do for just a few hp. Anyways, after that, it was a done night. Next morning raised up early, got our stuff and went down for our free complimentary breakfast we were supose to have. Hotel does not have this, another booboo on Louis part. So we went and located some restraunts, and washed the car at a car wash a few miles down the road, waxed it again, and ready for the tech, which really wasn't a tech, just hanging out. But basically not gonna go into full detail now, Friday night, got rained out the 1/4 drag by bad storms, some hail, and a tornado 20 miles east of us, (trust me I was scared). Saturday morning, had to clean car again, and go to the car show. Dynoed the car, and ate BBQ. Had a great day. Also ran DaveB, beat him twice off the line, he got me twice on the highway on a 2-3rd gear pull about 1/2 a car or so. Sunday, autox rained, decided not to go, so I just drove home.

The Event wasn't organized well, and Louis was way over worked for just a one man operation.

I will say that I did just get a phone call, a good long talk with Louis, and he explained all the situation from financial, to the issues, he talked to most of his members including the z club guys, and he was sorry and was completely upset about all that happened. He was sorry he wasn't there since he had to rent a uhaul that he had booked and they didn't have one, so he had to find one, get it, get the tables, which took more time out of his day. The BBQ had 110 people that registered, er payed for, and he signed up for 150, he had to pay for the other 40 people $15 per person that did not show, er pay for. So more money out of his pocket. There is alot mroe too it.

I feel sorry for the guy, and really don't care anymore for my $30 bucks. David (GLE MAN) though I will make a comment to you on this, that bothered me at the meet. You need to hush your mouth with the smart comments you were making about a certain maxima owner, Louis, the shop, etc. You kept making comments about there cars, rude ones, the shop owner you got ****ed off (this is why guys he came out *****ing at people getting out of line when the black Z pulled in), because David kept harrasing the shop owner to get his max dynoed when he needed to get the rwd group done then he will do the other 2 fwd cars done. Also, David, I saw you grabbing the stuff out of Louis's hand when he was raffling it off from behind him, and you ****ed him off right there, people had to pull you back. That was really rude of you. I think you need to at least appologize to Louis about that.

Everyone please be calm and no more complaining about the shop for now. Louis within the next day or so will post a complete explanation on exactly what happened, his concerns, and apologies.

Anyways, I said my .02 the meet was great otherwise to meet everyone.

Old 06-04-2001, 08:30 PM

In my defense

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
I feel sorry for the guy, and really don't care anymore for my $30 bucks. David (GLE MAN) though I will make a comment to you on this, that bothered me at the meet. You need to hush your mouth with the smart comments you were making about a certain maxima owner, Louis, the shop, etc. You kept making comments about there cars, rude ones, the shop owner you got ****ed off (this is why guys he came out *****ing at people getting out of line when the black Z pulled in), because David kept harrasing the shop owner to get his max dynoed when he needed to get the rwd group done then he will do the other 2 fwd cars done. Also, David, I saw you grabbing the stuff out of Louis's hand when he was raffling it off from behind him, and you ****ed him off right there, people had to pull you back. That was really rude of you. I think you need to at least appologize to Louis about that.
If anyone took offense to my comments, I sincerely apologize, the vast majority were made in jest, though I most certainly meant some of them.

Again, I don't see any problem with getting my car dyno'd when I paid to have it done! For some reason or another, my name had been left off the list, so I figured, no biggie, it happens. I spoke to Louis about it and he promised to get my name on the list so I could get my car dyno'd and be done with the deal, but he didn't do it. It took me over 3 hours to get my name on the list, so that rather than simply getting my car done with the other FWD cars there, I ended up being forced to wait until the end and it screwed everything up.

As for grabbing stuff out of Louis' hand when he was raffling it off, that's total BS too. Yes, I was standing there and teasing him, and yes, I was ****ed that I got some stupid frigging poster when people that didn't paid got prizes actually worth having, but I NEVER, EVER grabbed anything out of his hand. I called Louis tonight and left him a message apologizing for anything I did wrong, and I truly mean it. If I did something wrong, I take full responsibility for it.
Old 06-04-2001, 08:37 PM
RussMaxManiac

Re: In my defense

David, I saw you grab the calendar should I saw almost out of his hands and he jerked it back. So I know that happened. I was right across from both of you. Anyways, just a few things I saw, that I didn't like and wanted to confront you about. Try to keep comments to yourself okay?

Originally posted by guido_sst

If anyone took offense to my comments, I sincerely apologize, the vast majority were made in jest, though I most certainly meant some of them.

Again, I don't see any problem with getting my car dyno'd when I paid to have it done! For some reason or another, my name had been left off the list, so I figured, no biggie, it happens. I spoke to Louis about it and he promised to get my name on the list so I could get my car dyno'd and be done with the deal, but he didn't do it. It took me over 3 hours to get my name on the list, so that rather than simply getting my car done with the other FWD cars there, I ended up being forced to wait until the end and it screwed everything up.

As for grabbing stuff out of Louis' hand when he was raffling it off, that's total BS too. Yes, I was standing there and teasing him, and yes, I was ****ed that I got some stupid frigging poster when people that didn't paid got prizes actually worth having, but I NEVER, EVER grabbed anything out of his hand. I called Louis tonight and left him a message apologizing for anything I did wrong, and I truly mean it. If I did something wrong, I take full responsibility for it.

Old 06-04-2001, 08:48 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Well it's good to hear that Louis is appoligizing for what happened and admitting some fault. I spoke to one particular sponser I know personally (will remain unnamed) that actually was questioning where their donation actually went after seeing what was going on at the meet and the fact that he was nowhere to be found. Louis has explained himself and I've got no further questions.

I could care less if he hates Maximas, but it doesn't give him the right to treat people like crap. He didn't do anything to me personally, but what he did to you guys and others really upset me. He made Justin drive out to the hotel to pick up a packet that he didn't leave after we told him to leave it. He pretty much told Russ to shove it when he asked where the track rental money went. Louis then decided to keep the Nissan groups further seperated by having a "special" party for the 240 guys. Then as the final blow, he made David Lee beg to run his car on the dyno even though he paid and was left off the dyno lineup sheet with Louis acting as if he was doing David a favor or something. That's the stuff that really ticked me off.

Dave
Old 06-04-2001, 09:29 PM

Re: Re: In my defense

Originally posted by RussMaxManiac
David, I saw you grab the calendar should I saw almost out of his hands and he jerked it back. So I know that happened. I was right across from both of you. Anyways, just a few things I saw, that I didn't like and wanted to confront you about. Try to keep comments to yourself okay?
I twisted the calendar my direction so I could see what the pictures were on the back, I did not attempt to grab it from him.

As for my comments, the 240SX guys were talking trash all weekend and I shrugged it off, if they can't take some back then it's their own damn problem.
Old 06-05-2001, 07:47 AM
Midwest240sx

Glad it is coming to an end...

I would just like to say now that everything is settled down I know that some things didn't go as planned and I apologize for that, but with this being the first year you can't expect it to run like clockwork and it was far from that I realize.

For what it is worth, I don't hate Maximas and before I bought my 89 240sx I was actually in the process of buying a Maxima if that tells you anything, if I snapped at anybody or was rude in anyway it was merely because my stress level had me maxed out to the point of nearly having a stroke right there at the car show.. haha... of course some things didn't help and David Lee was for sure one of them. I know that I dropped the ball on not having your name on there but you really pushed the issue way too hard after I told you a dozen times that you were going to dyno when the other FWD at the end dynoed but that obviously wasn't good enough.. and yes Russ is right you DID grab it out of my hand and it beyond ****ed me off.. I don't know how your perception was on the event but it is deluded from what everyone else standing around saw. I am not trying to start any fights over this, but merely trying to get the story straight.

I am really glad that you all could make it out and I hope you all at least had a little bit of fun.

I know some people are talking about a special "240 only" party that I had on Saturday night which is also false, on Saturday night I was in the lounge with the guys from Auto Imaging, it was Friday night that I was upset with the way the drags and everything turned out so I went out and got a couple of cases of beer, grabbed everyone that was in the lobby/parking lot and we went up to my complimentary rooms to hang out and have a beer, if they were all 240sx owners it was merely just because they were the ones hanging out, I wasn't trying to make it a secluded thing or anything of that sort at all.

I am sorry for any downfalls that were caused because of any neglect or disorganization on my part and I can assure you that I am taking measures that they don't happen again and if you would Dave B I would like to enlist your help as a representative from the Maxima guys to help me organize next years event so that we can make it bigger and better so everone can enjoy it more, especially since you are a local it would be beneficial to everyone that we have a more diverse team and more heads together on this.

I know some people are talking about not associating themselves with this event any further and so on and so forth which is fine but I think it really has potential and so do lots of other people, if we can just get it more organized we can pull off a really nice setup I think... Let me know what you think about that Dave B?

I enjoyed meeting all of you and apologize if anyone had a bad time and didn't think it was worth your drive or whatever, I do hope you give it another chance next year though!

Old 06-05-2001, 08:40 AM

"The Ladies Man" have one thing to say to his 4 door sport sedan famiglia, "why don't cha common down to Maxus @ DC, you are always welcomed by your brethrens and we will have a blast and be treated like family(famiglia in Italian).
Old 06-05-2001, 08:51 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: Glad it is coming to an end...

Originally posted by Midwest240sx
I would just like to say now that everything is settled down I know that some things didn't go as planned and I apologize for that, but with this being the first year you can't expect it to run like clockwork and it was far from that I realize.

For what it is worth, I don't hate Maximas and before I bought my 89 240sx I was actually in the process of buying a Maxima if that tells you anything, if I snapped at anybody or was rude in anyway it was merely because my stress level had me maxed out to the point of nearly having a stroke right there at the car show.. haha... of course some things didn't help and David Lee was for sure one of them. I know that I dropped the ball on not having your name on there but you really pushed the issue way too hard after I told you a dozen times that you were going to dyno when the other FWD at the end dynoed but that obviously wasn't good enough.. and yes Russ is right you DID grab it out of my hand and it beyond ****ed me off.. I don't know how your perception was on the event but it is deluded from what everyone else standing around saw. I am not trying to start any fights over this, but merely trying to get the story straight.

I am really glad that you all could make it out and I hope you all at least had a little bit of fun.

I know some people are talking about a special "240 only" party that I had on Saturday night which is also false, on Saturday night I was in the lounge with the guys from Auto Imaging, it was Friday night that I was upset with the way the drags and everything turned out so I went out and got a couple of cases of beer, grabbed everyone that was in the lobby/parking lot and we went up to my complimentary rooms to hang out and have a beer, if they were all 240sx owners it was merely just because they were the ones hanging out, I wasn't trying to make it a secluded thing or anything of that sort at all.

I am sorry for any downfalls that were caused because of any neglect or disorganization on my part and I can assure you that I am taking measures that they don't happen again and if you would Dave B I would like to enlist your help as a representative from the Maxima guys to help me organize next years event so that we can make it bigger and better so everone can enjoy it more, especially since you are a local it would be beneficial to everyone that we have a more diverse team and more heads together on this.

I know some people are talking about not associating themselves with this event any further and so on and so forth which is fine but I think it really has potential and so do lots of other people, if we can just get it more organized we can pull off a really nice setup I think... Let me know what you think about that Dave B?

I enjoyed meeting all of you and apologize if anyone had a bad time and didn't think it was worth your drive or whatever, I do hope you give it another chance next year though!
And with the comments and response, we rest this topic.