General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Just finished installing my washer lights...pics and movie>

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 06:25 PM

http://members.nbci.com/gr8bone/washerlights

The install was pretty simple and wiringwise I hooked the red wires to the red wire for my driving lights and the black wire to my turn signal wire that I used to rewire my turn signals.
As you see in the movie they stay on when my driving lights are on and they blink with the sidemarkers when I use my turn signals and I can have them completely off when I turn off my driving lights.

They're GR8! Thanks again MegaMax!

added...the movie that used to not work now works...thanks for letting me know I30 guy
Old 06-05-2001, 06:28 PM

Originally posted by Gr8bone

The install was pretty simple and wiringwise I hooked the red wires to the red wire for my driving lights and the black wire to my turn signal wire that I used to rewire my turn signals.
As you see in the movie they stay on when my driving lights are on and they blink with the sidemarkers when I use my turn signals and I can have them completely off when I turn off my driving lights.

kool.. but they barely visible.?
Old 06-05-2001, 06:30 PM

I like, the yellow that is. Good job. Hope the engine bay wiring looks good too.
Old 06-05-2001, 06:46 PM

how much does those kits cost?
Old 06-05-2001, 06:47 PM

fi dolla, if you won them at the NE meet.
Old 06-05-2001, 06:53 PM

Wonton, the digicam doesn't pick up much light at night they are very visible from a distance.

Medsonic, thanks...the engine bay needs some work hiding the wires..there's alot

costco, megamax has extended the deal to the forum...$17.50 + shipping...checkout his post in the NE forum for more info.

The sprayers are soooo much better than the stock ones. When I tried them out the first time it sprated water past my spoiler cuz it was aimed too high and this was with the engine off! I might even aim one way to the right or left to spray ppl that don't let me into their lane or ppl that tailgate too closely
Old 06-05-2001, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by medicsonic
fi dolla, if you won them at the NE meet.
i just got the new ones in today from japan. they are all clear and are made to look like the altezza lights and are very bright.
Old 06-05-2001, 06:57 PM

I guess you didn't see what I used to aim ILoveMyMax's then.
Old 06-05-2001, 11:45 PM

How would you go around in getting those clear ones?
Originally posted by 97GLES
i just got the new ones in today from japan. they are all clear and are made to look like the altezza lights and are very bright.
Old 06-06-2001, 06:09 AM

Originally posted by I30CeFiRo
How would you go around in getting those clear ones?
they look so good i got about 30pc. if you want a set e-mail me at FS820@WEBTV.NET i got white,blue,red and some yellow & green. they are all chrome with a clear lens just like the altezza but without the color lens. been waiting for over a month for them.
Old 06-06-2001, 06:40 AM
Maxima.org Sponsor and Donating Maxima.org Member

Installed mine and ILoveMyMax's at the meet. mine go to my corner lights and they look GOOD. i can't wait to post some pics of them. ILoveMyMax's go to his blinker and they look good too. I like having mine on all the time though. i'm gonna get a switch for them so i can turn them off when i see PoPO.
Old 06-06-2001, 07:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

nice, they look good
Old 06-06-2001, 09:31 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

movie

movie link is broken
Old 06-06-2001, 11:30 AM

Are these washer lights legal? I mean, will the donut patrol guys mess with you for it? I want to get them, but afriad I might get hassle for having them.
Old 06-06-2001, 01:06 PM

.twilight zone music. you have entered, the ricer zone. where altezzas and washer nozzle lights are cool.
Old 06-06-2001, 01:30 PM

Originally posted by SCCA Solo2
.twilight zone music. you have entered, the ricer zone. where altezzas and washer nozzle lights are cool.
Old 06-06-2001, 07:18 PM

Re: movie

Thanks...its fixed now...the .MOV was actually .mov so I put caps on them again sorry

check it out now! the movie is cool!

Originally posted by MaineI30
movie link is broken
Old 06-06-2001, 08:52 PM

Re: Re: movie

Thanks...its fixed now...the .MOV was actually .mov so I put caps on them again sorry

check it out now! the movie is cool!

gr8bone...you stole my idea AHHHHHHH...now i can't be the only one...i came up w/ the turn signal thing a few days ago and now you have it...o well, i won't be as original as i thought i would be

1 quick question for you...i plan on hooking them upto the side markers up front...with these washers, doesn't one of them have the power wire and the ground and the other is just connected to the first one or are they both seperate and do they both have the power wire and ground? if only one has it, wouldn't you have to buy 2 sets in order to hook them upto your sidemarkers and make them look like turn signals...i no longer have sidemarkers so this should be somewhat easier...i will probably get white so i won't have problems w/ the po-po's

so did you just buy one set? any chance you want to give a quick run through on instructions on installing them to work w/ your rewired sidemarkers?
Old 06-06-2001, 09:54 PM

they are nice

added...the movie that used to not work now works...thanks for letting me know I30 guy
They are nice! They are not too bright are they? I mean it's not annoying or too distracting, is it!?

How much are they? and what brand?
Old 06-06-2001, 10:28 PM

Very cool Gr8bone.

I'm planning on putting mine on tomorrow and hooking them up to the turn signal too. But I'm also going to add a switch so I can turn them on and off so the popo don't mess with me.
Old 06-06-2001, 10:59 PM

Yes i imagine the popo don't like these. Mine aren't distracting at all and they look GOOD. Funny story, about 2 hours ago i'm on the highway and i pull behind some guy who had just passed a tractor trailer and he PULLS OVER to the side of the road. i pass him by and he pulls back on and keep going, me and my friend got a laugh, he must have thought i was a cop!
Old 06-07-2001, 05:43 AM

Re: Re: Re: movie

Well for me(and you obviously) it made sense to do that like having side mirror signals. We're on different sides of the US so you don't have to worry about ppl seeing us both with our rewired lights

Both lights have a power and a ground wire.

I tapped the passanger power to the driver side power wire and wired that into the switch for my driving lights so I can turn them completely off whenever I want

the black wires I wired to each cornering light so they can blink with my turn signals.

when I wired my sidemarkers to blink with my turn signals I used a wire to connect one to the other...I tapped the black wire from the washer lights to the wire I used to wire my sidemarkers to the turn signal lights

Hope that helps...I can take pics of the wiring if that will help visualize them

Riot^: they aren't hyperwhite, but you can see them from quite a distance...its not annoying either. Megamax is selling them to our group for $17.50 + shipping and the brand should be in the pics I took

clee130: yes a switch would make sense and as Megamax suggested wire in a fuse just in case to protect all your electronics

dmbmaxima88: Did you get blue lights? Thats funny stuff...I wish that would happen when I'm behind the slow a$$ ppl in the fast lane!

Originally posted by MrBurner

gr8bone...you stole my idea AHHHHHHH...now i can't be the only one...i came up w/ the turn signal thing a few days ago and now you have it...o well, i won't be as original as i thought i would be

1 quick question for you...i plan on hooking them upto the side markers up front...with these washers, doesn't one of them have the power wire and the ground and the other is just connected to the first one or are they both seperate and do they both have the power wire and ground? if only one has it, wouldn't you have to buy 2 sets in order to hook them upto your sidemarkers and make them look like turn signals...i no longer have sidemarkers so this should be somewhat easier...i will probably get white so i won't have problems w/ the po-po's

so did you just buy one set? any chance you want to give a quick run through on instructions on installing them to work w/ your rewired sidemarkers?
Old 06-07-2001, 06:19 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: movie

dmbmaxima88: Did you get blue lights? Thats funny stuff...I wish that would happen when I'm behind the slow a$$ ppl in the fast lane!

They are red and that is the SECOND time that has happened to me.
Old 06-07-2001, 07:17 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: movie

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

alot of ppl. hook them up with the fog-lights so they can shut them off.
Old 06-07-2001, 08:25 AM

I had them on my car, but the paint came off of one of them and the other one fried like an egg, because of a bad ground I guess, the ground wire near the actuall light itself basically broke off. I liked them when I had them, they were the white ones though, they would stay on with my driving lights and flash accordingly with the turn signals.
I paid $25 for them. When I get paid again i will probably get some more.
Old 06-07-2001, 11:53 PM

What did the SUPERWHITE look like??? Is it REALLY White or will it Attract PoPo'???????

Originally posted by GTRBlkMax97
I had them on my car, but the paint came off of one of them and the other one fried like an egg, because of a bad ground I guess, the ground wire near the actuall light itself basically broke off. I liked them when I had them, they were the white ones though, they would stay on with my driving lights and flash accordingly with the turn signals.
I paid $25 for them. When I get paid again i will probably get some more.
Old 06-08-2001, 10:47 AM

Here you are...
http://members.nbci.com/gr8bone/lspmeet/P1020019.JPG

IMO you should have gotten rims and tires before getting the body trim and stickers....etc but maybe you have and just haven't put them on the car yet.

Originally posted by dmbmaxima88

Old 06-08-2001, 12:04 PM

Whats with the chick who laughs during your movie???
Old 06-08-2001, 12:10 PM

My wife was talking on the phone while she was taking the movie for me...I was behind the wheel making everything happen and timing it mentally so I could fit it in the 10sec movie...I only had to do one take!

Originally posted by Jeff91SE
Whats with the chick who laughs during your movie???
Old 06-09-2001, 12:50 AM

What colour are the ones you have? Where exactly do I order them?
PS Can you post some pix, or do a detailed write up of your wiring install. I want to hook it up to my fogs so I can turn them on and off, and to my turn lights.

Thanx
Old 06-09-2001, 06:39 PM

Look halfway up this page and you'll see the instruction I wrote up

Originally posted by Riot^

What colour are the ones you have? Where exactly do I order them?
PS Can you post some pix, or do a detailed write up of your wiring install. I want to hook it up to my fogs so I can turn them on and off, and to my turn lights.

Thanx
Old 06-09-2001, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by Empz
What did the SUPERWHITE look like??? Is it REALLY White or will it Attract PoPo'???????

i just got these...i'm not completely done hooking them up yet, but they work and they are wired to blink opposite my turn signals...i got white and they actually look purple...just like real hid's...adam and i were both surprised...the install was a BI*CH...first, we couldn't get the stock washers out because of the way our hoods are...we used pliers to grab on and just muscled them out...then with the new ones, we are supposed to screw them on using a rubber stopper, locking washer, and a hex nut...after a long time of trying and getting 1 hex nut stuck in my hood, we decided to just glue them on...that worked well and the glue gave us enough time to position them properly...

gr8bone, where did you hide the wiring? mine looks horrible right now

we wired them into the sidemarkers but...something seems weird...they are only on when my lights are on...when my lights are on, or when my parking lights are on, they will stay on and when i put a signal on, that side will blink opposite of the signal...but when my lights aren't on, the washers don't do anything...i'd like to have it where when i lock my car, they will turn on and off (or when i unlock) but that doesn't work...any ideas?

they look good and i will probably paint the chrome with my touchup paint (i painted the old washers w/ touchup paint and it matched the hood pretty well)
Old 06-09-2001, 06:57 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: movie

Well for me(and you obviously) it made sense to do that like having side mirror signals. We're on different sides of the US so you don't have to worry about ppl seeing us both with our rewired lights

Both lights have a power and a ground wire.

I tapped the passanger power to the driver side power wire and wired that into the switch for my driving lights so I can turn them completely off whenever I want

the black wires I wired to each cornering light so they can blink with my turn signals.

when I wired my sidemarkers to blink with my turn signals I used a wire to connect one to the other...I tapped the black wire from the washer lights to the wire I used to wire my sidemarkers to the turn signal lights

Hope that helps...I can take pics of the wiring if that will help visualize them

Riot^: they aren't hyperwhite, but you can see them from quite a distance...its not annoying either. Megamax is selling them to our group for $17.50 + shipping and the brand should be in the pics I took

clee130: yes a switch would make sense and as Megamax suggested wire in a fuse just in case to protect all your electronics

Just to make sure I understand this...
The power wires you wired together, and hooked up a separate wire to them that goes to the headlamps (can you specify the colour of the wire you tapped into). Then the black ones you tapped separately into each turn signal? (colour of Maxima wire please). that's the setup I want to do. Except I'll probably wire them to my fog lamps.
Old 06-09-2001, 07:50 PM

The power wires you wired together, and hooked up a separate wire to them that goes to the headlamps (can you specify the colour of the wire you tapped into). Then the black ones you tapped separately into each turn signal? (colour of Maxima wire please). that's the setup I want to do. Except I'll probably wire them to my fog lamps.
i put the news ones on, the inside is all chrome and the out side is a clear lens just like the altezza. they are twice as bright as the 1st ones.
Old 06-11-2001, 06:36 AM

Getting the stock out was pretty easy for me. unplug the rubber tube and take a flathead and push the clip for the sprayer side of the stock washers so that side pops out of the hood a bit...then do the same thing with the other side so the rest of the stock washer comes out.

Luckily the threading on the new washer light was long enough that I could reach in and get all three of the locking hardware on the washer light...nothing got lost in the hood

I tuckes the power wires in the hood lining and the grounds are just strung down to my sidemarker wiring...I forgot to take a pic...I'll get one soon

so you hooked the ground wires to the sidemarkers...where did you hook the power(red) wires to? If its to your headlight switch then they won't flash when you lock your car. I might add that to my setup...I'll let you know how I get them to blink when the door car gets locked.

Originally posted by MrBurner

i just got these...i'm not completely done hooking them up yet, but they work and they are wired to blink opposite my turn signals...i got white and they actually look purple...just like real hid's...adam and i were both surprised...the install was a BI*CH...first, we couldn't get the stock washers out because of the way our hoods are...we used pliers to grab on and just muscled them out...then with the new ones, we are supposed to screw them on using a rubber stopper, locking washer, and a hex nut...after a long time of trying and getting 1 hex nut stuck in my hood, we decided to just glue them on...that worked well and the glue gave us enough time to position them properly...

gr8bone, where did you hide the wiring? mine looks horrible right now

we wired them into the sidemarkers but...something seems weird...they are only on when my lights are on...when my lights are on, or when my parking lights are on, they will stay on and when i put a signal on, that side will blink opposite of the signal...but when my lights aren't on, the washers don't do anything...i'd like to have it where when i lock my car, they will turn on and off (or when i unlock) but that doesn't work...any ideas?

they look good and i will probably paint the chrome with my touchup paint (i painted the old washers w/ touchup paint and it matched the hood pretty well)
Old 06-11-2001, 06:50 AM

Power wires=red
ground=black

both red cables got tapped together and then to the red power wire that goes to my driving lights switch (I added the driving lights to the car)so I can turn them off or on whenever I want.

I wired my sidemarkers with the cornering bulbs so my sidemarkers can blink with my turnsignals. the red wiring I used to do that on each side of the car I tapped into the black ground wire of each washer light so they would also blink with my turn signals but also stay on when the parking lights are on cuz the sidmarkers stay on too

Old 06-11-2001, 08:28 AM

police will love them