General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Poll & First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2000, 11:18 AM

Hi Folks,

Are there any ACT and PACE STS owners out there. I would like to know what they think of these two items. Also, is there a way to adjust the clutch engagement height on the Max.

I Just got done installing PACE STS last night. Got the ACT Street Clutch Kit put in from the Nissan Dealer two days back.

PACE STS:

Very crisp solid short throws. I think a little more angle in the shifter rod would have made it more central while in the nuetral position. I have it positioned for short throws (2/3 ways from the bottom) and I think it might be just a tad too short of a throw, because it is making shifts a little hard to execute. However, the short height is just perfect and apart from not being as fluid as I wanted it to be, the PACE STS is a very good investment.

ACT Street Clutch:

A perfect match for a MAX with all the bolt on performance upgrades minus the S/C. The take-up distance in the stock Nissan clutch was too much and now lets just say that the take-up in ACT clutch is too short (especially after the OEM clutch). I think its just a matter of getting used to it. Pedal effort is high but not at all uncomfortable. Clutch engagement is smooth and there is no more shuddering involved either during engagement. All-in-all its a great piece. I am not being hard on it so I can't report on the clamping forces. Have to be nice to it for 500 ~ 1000 miles.

Thanks and I will report back again after I race with my cousins' stock 97 540i(Auto) (Have to wait for my clutch to get broken-in). I am hoping to keep up with him all the way to 80~100 MPH.