General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

umm, why boycott altezza if you were hoping..Cheston!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2001, 04:58 PM

yes, you should fix this on your web page. man
Talking about "say one thing and wish for another" FOUND THIS ON YOUR MAXIMADRIVER.COM PAGE
A new trend these days is to change the rear lights. Now common is the half red/hald clear rear tail lights. This is easily done by removing the amber plastic piece that is encased within the tail light assembly. You can see how to do this in the HOW2 section. This gives the car an even, clean look that is much needed. We hope to soon have the new Altezza-styled rear lights from APC. These are the chromed-out rear lights with red circles for brake-lights, which originated from the Lexus IS300 Sport Compact car.
Old 06-08-2001, 06:38 PM

Originally posted by nizmolee
Talking about "say one thing and wish for another" FOUND THIS ON YOUR MAXIMADRIVER.COM PAGE
A new trend these days is to change the rear lights. Now common is the half red/hald clear rear tail lights. This is easily done by removing the amber plastic piece that is encased within the tail light assembly. You can see how to do this in the HOW2 section. This gives the car an even, clean look that is much needed. We hope to soon have the new Altezza-styled rear lights from APC. These are the chromed-out rear lights with red circles for brake-lights, which originated from the Lexus IS300 Sport Compact car.
it's about time that they started to make things for the maxima like indiglo gauges, altezza lights, diamond cut clear lights and diamond plated floor matts and so on.

lets make the maxima market grow, we are on a roll now. the more parts they make for our cars the more of a selection we will have.

i myself have the indiglo gauges and the l.e.d. washer sprays on my car and when i get to see the altezza lights in my hands and they look good i will put them on my are.

some of you might not like my car because it looks like a honda but don't forget it's my car and if it hurts your eyes to look at my car all you have to do is look at something else. just my 1 cent. i don't have 2.(lol lol lol)
Old 06-08-2001, 07:16 PM

hells yea! The maximas are growing!! Parts are being made especially my altezzas. And the CF wing!!woo hoo!! light and style. you know 97gles, your rite, and your rims are tite too
Old 06-08-2001, 07:25 PM

Originally posted by 97GLES
it's about time that they started to make things for the maxima like indiglo gauges, altezza lights, diamond cut clear lights and diamond plated floor matts and so on.

lets make the maxima market grow, we are on a roll now. the more parts they make for our cars the more of a selection we will have.

i myself have the indiglo gauges and the l.e.d. washer sprays on my car and when i get to see the altezza lights in my hands and they look good i will put them on my are.

some of you might not like my car because it looks like a honda but don't forget it's my car and if it hurts your eyes to look at my car all you have to do is look at something else. just my 1 cent. i don't have 2.(lol lol lol)
ur maxima is phat.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:03 PM
Master Will

soooo....true.......

good detective work.......

how can a person "HATE" a set of tail lights anyway?
Old 06-08-2001, 09:10 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: soooo....true.......

easy the same way a person can "LOVE" them...

Originally posted by metallic97gxe
how can a person "HATE" a set of tail lights anyway?
Old 06-08-2001, 10:09 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

when you guys start running a website with a fairly neutral stance on every aftermarket product for the consumer, and to provide the most information based on product releases and development, then you will understand why i wrote that wayne. until you do, then, post what you want.
Old 06-08-2001, 10:17 PM

he's right, its more of a site that tells you what is avaiable not what he thinks of it.
Old 06-08-2001, 10:24 PM

I didn't really understand what happend with the Altezza lights, a few months ago people on here were almost praying for them and now everyone is saying boycott them? WTF? no wonder there isn't much made for our cars, since everyone wants something and then once it is made they hate on it
Old 06-08-2001, 10:37 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Not I.......

been "HATING" Altezzas since the first guys placed them on his Honda!!!!!
and you fourth gen guys have plenty of aftermarket support.....if anybody should be crying about aftermarket support its us thrid gen guys!! Why do 3rd gens get no love!?!?!(I know the demand isn't strong enough, but its the principles ) we ask for indiglo gauges and APC laughs at us! we have to be creative when it comes to mods...like switching the 194 bulbs behind our gauges to even get an indiglo "look"!
Old 06-08-2001, 10:53 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

#1 reason why i dislike them. : L@@K with your eyes. it just Does NOT click with the rear styling of the maxima.

there was the huge petition and rally a few monthes ago for the DEVELOPMENT for them, yes. but who'd thunk it that they would comeout to look so FRUGLY. imho, if they made it like the r34 tail lights with the turn signal portion, with chrome, that would look half-decent, but just two litle red ***** in a sea of chrome? if you put that THING they just made which is supposedly called an "altezza" replica, then u might as well paint half your car yellow, the other half red, and stick a giant "IMA WANNABE" sticker on the hood.
Old 06-08-2001, 11:27 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

Originally posted by Chebosto
when you guys start running a website with a fairly neutral stance on every aftermarket product for the consumer, and to provide the most information based on product releases and development, then you will understand why i wrote that wayne. until you do, then, post what you want.
SO you keep a tight lip on your website, but come over here a talk trash

Dave
Old 06-09-2001, 12:34 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

yup.
i pretty much trash talk here alot. and Clubmaxima.com.... but here, most of it is directed toward you, but you're used to it by now. so its not as fun anymore.

hey. hows you're Altezza Clear Trunk coming along?
Old 06-09-2001, 02:30 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

When you're trying to cater to as much people as possible, alienating one segment of the market (people who buy ugly parts) would not be a smart marketing or general business practice. I'm all for Maxima innovation to grow, but just because it's been developed doesn't mean it the best product.
Old 06-09-2001, 02:54 PM

where do you draw the line between "ugly/ricey" and "nice"??
I think you people who think the Altezza look ugly should just not buy em and leave the people who like them alone. Damn, man in my opinion they aren't that ugly. I wouldn't buy em but they ain't ugly. Man there is a maxima around my house that has a Supra Style wing. OK. Now that is UGLY.
Old 06-09-2001, 06:13 PM

Re: Not I.......

Originally posted by DA-MAX
been "HATING" Altezzas since the first guys placed them on his Honda!!!!!
and you fourth gen guys have plenty of aftermarket support.....if anybody should be crying about aftermarket support its us thrid gen guys!! Why do 3rd gens get no love!?!?!(I know the demand isn't strong enough, but its the principles ) we ask for indiglo gauges and APC laughs at us! we have to be creative when it comes to mods...like switching the 194 bulbs behind our gauges to even get an indiglo "look"!
That is so true. us 3rd gens get no love. Unlike the 4th gens, we have NO clear tails, altezzas, indiglos, superchargers, carbon fiber hoods, diamond cut clears corners, trenz grille, etc...
Old 06-09-2001, 08:20 PM

Originally posted by kit99bar
where do you draw the line between "ugly/ricey" and "nice"??
I think you people who think the Altezza look ugly should just not buy em and leave the people who like them alone. Damn, man in my opinion they aren't that ugly. I wouldn't buy em but they ain't ugly. Man there is a maxima around my house that has a Supra Style wing. OK. Now that is UGLY.
i was at a stereo shop yesterday checking out some componants and amps, i pull up and see a beige 4th gen, cant remember 95-96 or 97-99, but its got a supra wing, 3/4 clear tails (the bottom trunk lens on both sides is red while the rest is clear, i think it looks good on dark cars, not beige), GT-R badging everywhere, lowered, rims, STOCK EXHAUST (which looks really funny with the rest of the car..lots of big stuff with a dinky little pipe, it just didnt look right). above all it was an auto! (not that theres anything wrong with that but your car cant look like its fast when its not, thats rice if you ask me..) it wouldnt surprise me if it didnt have any performace mods.
i'm done
-PaT-
'86 bmw 325 2 door 5 speed, yes i have a loud exhaust system, we all make mistakes.
looking for a nice 3rd gen i can afford (<$4k) auto or 5 speed, whatever, but its gotta be nice (preferably white SE 5 speed w/o bose, tan leather, power seats, climate control would be pimp but i'll take what i can get)
Old 06-09-2001, 10:08 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

yup.
i pretty much trash talk here alot. and Clubmaxima.com.... but here, most of it is directed toward you, but you're used to it by now. so its not as fun anymore.

hey. hows you're Altezza Clear Trunk coming along?

I just don't understand where you're coming from when you call for an all out boycott of Altezza lights when you've got a huge Touring wing on a street FWD sedan and you're considering installing front end "splitters"

I think it's great the stuff you do for the org., but I don't quite understand where you're coming from sometimes. Trash talk me as much you like. I won't loose any sleep over it.

BTW, I'm almost done with that clear trunk. I'm installing my clear sunroof tommorrow though.

Dave
Old 06-09-2001, 10:13 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

well.... cuz i make that CF wing look gooood..

as far as the splitters. heck. i got cf at school. what else am i gonna do with it? :P
maybe i'll mold CF fenders and a CF dash, and maybe a CF sunroof deflector.

i dunno. ....
Old 06-10-2001, 09:31 AM

Originally posted by Dave B

I just don't understand where you're coming from when you call for an all out boycott of Altezza lights when you've got a huge Touring wing on a street FWD sedan and you're considering installing front end "splitters"

I think it's great the stuff you do for the org., but I don't quite understand where you're coming from sometimes. Trash talk me as much you like. I won't loose any sleep over it.

BTW, I'm almost done with that clear trunk. I'm installing my clear sunroof tommorrow though.

Dave
yes Cheston does talk a lot of trash. haha.. DAve B 1 point cheston 0! I was waiting for someone to talk about that salad bar on his trunk!! make a clear hood!!! I would be interested!!
Old 06-10-2001, 04:47 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

you can use that clear hood to show off that Tornado SC u got!

yes Cheston does talk a lot of trash. haha.. DAve B 1 point cheston 0! I was waiting for someone to talk about that salad bar on his trunk!! make a clear hood!!! I would be interested!!
Old 06-10-2001, 04:58 PM

lmao

ROFL.. Cheston 1, nizmolee.. -25.
Old 06-10-2001, 05:02 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

BWAHAHAHA.....

damn you have a good memory, I forgot all about that "incident."

Old 06-10-2001, 05:33 PM

I don't think you know what your talking about. If you haven't noticed, Cheston and a bunch of other Cali people like doing track events(instead of stupid **** like drag racing). The larger wing will keep his rear end planted at high speeds, and the front end canards create a low pressure area below the front bumper, sucking the car down. Therefore making the car have more traction, therefore having more speed. Now, seeing as Cheston is a college student, I doubt he has the money to rip his spoiler off to please you when he drives his car on the street.

Oh, and Nizmolee. Don't even let me get started on yours. Speedoptions stickers, Z3 fenders, and Altezza's? I'd rather gag myself with a fork than put that bull**** on my car.

Have a nice day guys.

Old 06-10-2001, 05:48 PM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

mikey is my hero.
Old 06-10-2001, 05:50 PM

Originally posted by Maximamike

I don't think you know what your talking about. If you haven't noticed, Cheston and a bunch of other Cali people like doing track events(instead of stupid **** like drag racing). The larger wing will keep his rear end planted at high speeds, and the front end canards create a low pressure area below the front bumper, sucking the car down. Therefore making the car have more traction, therefore having more speed. Now, seeing as Cheston is a college student, I doubt he has the money to rip his spoiler off to please you when he drives his car on the street.

Oh, and Nizmolee. Don't even let me get started on yours. Speedoptions stickers, Z3 fenders, and Altezza's? I'd rather gag myself with a fork than put that bull**** on my car.

Have a nice day guys.

i could provide the fork for u if u would like...hehe...j/p...my sig should show my opinion on the altezza's already....
Old 06-10-2001, 07:31 PM

okay i give you that one
hm, still pondering. pinky what do you suggest!?
Old 06-10-2001, 10:05 PM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

I don't think you know what your talking about. If you haven't noticed, Cheston and a bunch of other Cali people like doing track events(instead of stupid **** like drag racing). The larger wing will keep his rear end planted at high speeds, and the front end canards create a low pressure area below the front bumper, sucking the car down. Therefore making the car have more traction, therefore having more speed. Now, seeing as Cheston is a college student, I doubt he has the money to rip his spoiler off to please you when he drives his car on the street......

Mike-

Why don't you go to the 1/4 mile and see what you can do? It's far harder than you think. There can be absolutely no screw ups when you've only got 1320 feet. Sorry buddy, it takes a lot more "skill" than you think. Just because it's a 1/4 mile doesn't mean it's any less of a race.

I can't believe you actually think that touring wing is functional on a street car. Touring cars and street cars are completely different animals and there's a lot more than a rear wing that's keeping a Touring car stable and planted in the turns and straights. I really doubt Cheston is hitting 140mph on a straight or going thru a sweeper at 100-110mph. Same thing goes for the splitters.

Dave
Old 06-11-2001, 12:11 AM
RIceD OuT moDErAtor

To quote a member of this forum
"Don't get your panties in a bunch"

oh wait. that was you, wasn't it?

i've hit 110 on the straight away, and on one of the sweepers at buttonwillow you can hit upwards of 80 mph..

anything over 40 mph will contribute to aerodynamics.

and yes i know. i have taken fluid dynamics courses here at UCLA, so dont give me no BS about a wing having no effect on a FWD... it does work, and heck. if it looks good , then even better...

splitters? even better. more down force for the front drive wheels.. problem is gettin a support to hold them in place....

ahhh. its nice to see non-engineers try to act all technical. we have a name for those here at the school of engineering.....

shichimencho

Mike-
Why don't you go to the 1/4 mile and see what you can do? It's far harder than you think. There can be absolutely no screw ups when you've only got 1320 feet. Sorry buddy, it takes a lot more "skill" than you think. Just because it's a 1/4 mile doesn't mean it's any less of a race.

I can't believe you actually think that touring wing is functional on a street car. Touring cars and street cars are completely different animals and there's a lot more than a rear wing that's keeping a Touring car stable and planted in the turns and straights. I really doubt Cheston is hitting 140mph on a straight or going thru a sweeper at 100-110mph. Same thing goes for the splitters.

Dave
Old 06-11-2001, 12:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

...Therefore making the car have more traction, therefore having more speed.
Okay....so more traction = more speed? Damn, I better go put some slicks on my car so I can go 190.

Now, seeing as Cheston is a college student, I doubt he has the money to rip his spoiler off to please you...

I am an engineering college student too, so why should I rip off my Altezza's to please you?
Old 06-11-2001, 08:10 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

ahhh. its nice to see non-engineers try to act all technical. we have a name for those here at the school of engineering.....

shichimencho

Too bad Cheston doesn't realize I'm an environmental engineer and work for the world's biggest engineering firm (URS Corporation).

You just can't mount a wing on a car and call it a day. Those Touring cars have undergone wind tunnel and computer testing to make use of the their front and rear spoilers. This is an exact science, not generic. The spoiler shape, height, angle, etc is directly related to the kind of race it's running. I really doubt you've tested your car this way.

Wings and spoilers of today are like fins from the 50s, purely for looks.

Point to all this bickering is that you're calling for an all out ban of something you consider played out or rice. Most in here will agree that Touring wings, adjustable wings, double decker wings, etc are rice and are played out. If I had a $1 for every Honda I saw at the track with a big wing. If a wing looks good to you then that's all great and dandy because it's your car. But don't knock someone elses ride because they are want Altezzas. It the same exact thing as you wing and splitters.....a matter of personal preference. I don't like either, but I'm not calling for an all out boycott of useless stuff.

Dave
Old 06-11-2001, 08:36 AM

off with the salad bar! off with the salad bar! I like the saleen wing more!!hehe.. i noticed that you took off those cushion from rubbing on the car and its hard keeping that wing from flying off. I do believe that the wing should be made of aluminum for less flexing!!
Old 06-11-2001, 10:16 AM

I like your new Altezzas
they look like the skyline tail lights!!
comone Cheston! They'd go well with your GT-R symbol!
heheh

but seriously Dave & Cheston you guys should have peace!
Old 06-11-2001, 10:20 AM

comone Maxima mike, you should'nt say mean stuff like that.
Tha's just your opinion. I like his Z3 fenders.
He could say something like "I think your rims are ugly"
see my point?

Have a nice day guys.