General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Behind the Scene at MaximaDay.. MUST READ!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 04:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I again agree ...

Originally posted by jw82
if the event was funded by stillen and hosted by stillen, then what right at all do you have to use their space to promote your products?
i find it quite amazing how people are saying stupid **** like "**** stillen" and boycott them when they in no way did anything wrong
i doubt stillen would feel any financial pressure even if you all DID boycott their products
n e 1 boycotting Stillen as a result of events that occured at their sponsored event ... is ... simply retarded
Old 06-11-2001, 05:59 PM
ST

When Stillen and I started the Maxima Day at Stillen a while back ago, there was nothing but enthusiasms for such events like this. Back then, there was no Maxima scene and hence any particular meets was met with a lot of passion. It seems the Maxima scene now has now metamorphised into essentially a wage of aftermarket bashing, as it popularized into a legitimate business. This is really discouraging to say the least, as I remember the days when we made the first Y-pipe and first CAI how exciting and supportive everyone was, industry and people alike. Now to see factions develop within here shows how much times have change.

Stillen : You desereve every right to host the even as you please, and deny anyone that you can. But remember, these are your customers and this particular demographic has some intelligence and care (unlike most of the general Honduh crowd), so to show such hospitality (or lack thereof) can only hurt you. Do you remember the times when I wrote letters telling you about the designs for a CAI or Y-pipe and how you ignored and mocked me, only to later release your own designs. Yes, Brian C. is a competitor, but you could at least be a gracious host and maybe take a hint or two from the crowd reaction to it.

Brian C. : If you remember me, little old ST who gave you the original RSTB and info on the Y-pipe, you'll hopefully won't click away in haste. You are a maxima enthusiast in the upteenth sense, having even develop your own company towards this niche, to which I applaud (we need more entreperneurs like you), but you realized you are walking into the enemy's base and did disrepect them by showcasing your items around. I would have just layed low and maybe showed a few select people your kool "secrets" at a later date (and pass the word around secretly). You must admit, it is your own fault as it is Stillen's, and the only losers in this is really the customers.

All in all, it seems like a little over-reaction on both parties, and souring what seemed like a kool even (I still remember when I first met Andi B. through it).

Cheers,

ST
Old 06-11-2001, 06:10 PM

wow. ST? For real? LOL. What you drivin now Mac Daddy? Only you and Russ change cars more than undies
Old 06-11-2001, 06:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by ST
All in all, it seems like a little over-reaction on both parties, and souring what seemed like a kool even (I still remember when I first met Andi B. through it).

Cheers,

ST
FWIW, I had a great time at Maxima Day. I got there an hour early and I was just about the last guy out of the parking lot when the event was over. Stillen can't have it again soon enough for me!

I don't know you, ST. But it sounds like we all owe you a debt of gratitude. Thanks for dropping by and saying hello. By the way, Brian wasn't flagrant in showing off his wares. I thought he conducted himself like a gentleman throughout. And while Steve Millen dropped by the Maxima.org table to say hello, it's meeting Brian that I'll remember most.
Old 06-11-2001, 06:25 PM

Originally posted by y2kse
I don't know you, ST. But it sounds like we all owe you a debt of gratitude.
ST is a pimp. He was one of, if not the first with a y pipe..
Old 06-11-2001, 07:47 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by Stillnmax
i could make one now, but i dont have the time or $$$ to start a project over night .... i have designs and such things..... moron
are you kidding me? please enlighten me with your "ideas".. you can't even install your own suspension. who are u calling moron? yeah i can "design" something on a computer..actual process of putting on a car is a new ball of wax. please don't tell me u know your **** about cars..because from what i've seen u do w/ a wrench you're totally clueless.

for everyone who are banning stillen..i will be expecting your post on the forsale section selling off ALL your stillen mods...including all intakes, body kits pieces, STB, RSB, rims, brakes, etc etc.

keep in mind...you guys don't drive hondas. you want a SC..you gotta go to stillen. even though it's not a great SC kit it's the only kit out. for hondas etc..there are too many companies making stuff. one company gets a bad rep people will go to a different company for the similar product. simple as that.

you want a FSTB..you can go to the other companies. but stillen is the only one that makes a solid bar. does it make a diff? who knows..but it is a unique solid bar design.

remember the good ole type 2 wing...everyone wanted one when stillen had a few left. you see anyone else currently selling a wing that's similar to that design?

sorry to hear that cheston and mr catts got the boot..but i agree with what Don and the few other people said. business is business.
Old 06-12-2001, 06:33 AM

EXACTLY

Originally posted by DanNY

for everyone who are banning stillen..i will be expecting your post on the forsale section selling off ALL your stillen mods...including all intakes, body kits pieces, STB, RSB, rims, brakes, etc etc.
I've been looking for a rear sway bar for a while and had to get one from cheston for $240, I wish all of you who are banning stillen would put your $hit on the forfale board so I could've saved myself a little money.

if you don't like the product, don't get it, it's annoying listinning to everyone whiiiiinneee like a little 5 year old not getting a candy

piece
Old 06-12-2001, 07:31 AM

Thank You!!!--->>

Why would you think you could set up a display that will compete with Stillen on Stillen's property that makes no sense to me at all. If I were you I would have tried to get Stillen to sell my new Brake kit or whatever but would have never tried to market something at their "Sponsored Event"... It's like having a Toyota rep coming to Maxus then expecting Nissan to Sponsor Maxus an the Toyota guy is showing all the Maxima owners the new and faster Camery that is coming out..

Business is Business!!

Originally posted by NickStam
You can't blame a company for not wanting competitors on their property showing off their products. It's funny that they booted Brian and asked Cheston to pack up his stuff though. They don't even care about the Maxima community, I don't see why this bothered them so much I'm sure they didn't want to get shown up by people who care more about the Maxima community than they do.